General Discussion

Ping

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Down Chalong yesterday. Nothing's changed. I took a snap of the Circle, but all same same. The pier soi is starting to get a bit of a seedy feeling to it...

Hardly chaged in the 4 years I bin going there, Ping.

Part of its charm..........LOL

I will still go to the, "Come On Bar."..... very seedy too......... :o

My local, :D on Phuket.

Not surprised Pete - B50 Tigers is nothing to sniff at!

Ping........ VB is 100Baht in a bar run by an Ockor near Soi Cowboy, Asoke, in Bangers.

"CHANG ............ !!!!!!"

BTW, if ya eva go inside the "Come ON Bar", have a look behind the bar where pool table is situared.

You will see, or should, a pic of a gecko killing a monster centipede on the outside wall.

Was fascinating watching the battle....(lol)... unfold.

My pic....... unless the place has changed since last Aug,

It has been there 3 years.

Girls there, some change, but the young guys will remember me.

"On", the boss lady will, say "HI" for me.

Pete - was in On's bar yesterday. She changes the pics in the bar at the start of each year (yours is no longer there). I told her you would probably be coming back around October.

post-30172-1211937636_thumb.jpg

Pete - was in On's bar yesterday. She changes the pics in the bar at the start of each year (yours is no longer there). I told her you would probably be coming back around October.

post-30172-1211937636_thumb.jpg

Hey, Ping.

Great to know ya looked in.

On is a really nice person.

Cheers mate.

Next door to On's is the place I mentioned before (which used to have the mini golf). When you come back, wander in and you can still see the old concrete holes.

It turns out that On is a 'friend of a friend' of mine. Small world.

Now I know where you mean, often have brekkie there.

Guy on the table serving, a gay guy, but real nice bloke.

The place I stay for short times, is opposite On's bar.

AO Chalong Inn, nice lass name of BEE has been running it for years, may still be there.

Edited by Zpete

That mini golf course was no Dino course, but the beauty of it was that it was (I think) around B40 per game per player and they sent a girl around with you to keep score and attend to drinks orders. It was a great bit of fun for an afternoon... Even in today's terms, that means it would be no more than B70 or B80 per player. What's

Dino - B300 or B400 per player?

That one may still be there - I didn't look. On was only referring to changing the snaps of patrons. Next time I'm down that way, I'll drop in and have a look.

Mite be there, on wall near CD player, left side bar where pool table is

This is the pic that was on wall since 05....till late last year.

wowzie. What a picture. Scares the crap out of me. :o How's Mr. Gecko going to swallow that? I used to get those in my boots sometimes and images like this still bring out the wuss in me. National Geographic level education to be found everywhere. Thanks for posting that.

Ping, remember talking of Fiji hols, waaaaaay back.

Place I stayed had monster spiders on bedroom walls, great big geckoes and lizards.

The usual cockraoches in shower and toilet.

None as big as that fella tho'.

Neva personally, had skeeta problems, others did.

Guess they did not eat VEGEMITE.

I dropped into On's bar yesterday (she is currently holidaying in Malaysia - Cameron Highlands, perchance?). That snap of the jing jok and centipede has been removed (along with the other of last year's snaps). Glad you posted it here.

It was not on proper photo paper, may have been a bit tattered.

Before I come, I may ask On if she wants a proper one.

She copied and printed it from a heap of pix I emailed her.

Edited by Zpete

Just go ahead, get it printed and give it to her. It'll provide an interesting talking point.

Idea, s'pose I could, yeah.

Usually bring her a little sumfin.

Gotta bring a NZ flag to join the OZ one, keep forgettijng that.

Ya well WRONG there, Ping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_New_Zealand.svgNew Zealand beat ya by a hundred years.

The current design still beat OZ as New Zealand usually does, being the first country on the planet

210px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png

To end confusion between various designs of the flag, the Liberal Government

passed the Ensign and Code Signals Bill, which was approved by King Edward VII

on 24 March 1902, declaring the flag as New Zealand's national flag.

It is much better design, better stars

NZ's first flag was made in 1840s

250px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png

The current specifications were published in 1934, and in 1954 the flag became legally recognised as the "Australian National Flag

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tis 0200 hrs here, gunna be radiated on in 8 hours.

Tell ya about it tonite

Thanks for the research. As you can clearly see, the Oz flag has the extra stars, so incorporates NZ - no need for a separate flag. It's a bit like NZ itself, clinging to the Oz coat tails in most things. Did you know that NZ once considered becoming a state of Australia? Of course, Australians wouldn't have it - they are still trying to get rid of Tasmania... Would you care for another small island to add to New Zealand's collection? In fairness, I have to warn you that those Taswegians are rather peculiar people. (I understand that many of them are disgruntled expats from NZ.)

It's Beerday today in Phuket, so I will enjoy some cold ones and have one for you. Good luck with the radiation!

Ping, ya dreaming again.

Auzzies cabbot take the fact that NZ is and always has been ahead of Aust, indisputable fact.

Were'nt we lucky our "Pollies" from waaaaaay back did not join the Aust Federation.

It is a well known fact that NZ consists of 3 main islands, North, South and West, (OZ)

post-46648-1213015825_thumb.jpg

Betta pix in old 'puter