General Discussion

Ping

Rawai Pier old and new
Looks like Friendship Beach south of Chalong , before Rawai?

The ugliest beach in SE Asia.

I know which one you mean, sorry to both of you, but it is much further up the same coast. :o

Try again please :D

Kan Win :D

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rawai Pier old and new

I know which one you mean, sorry to both of you, but it is much further up the same coast. :o

HMMMM...............I'll work on it, anyway this is much better than the Ping and ZPETE "how are your crumpets today"., "mine are a bit hard", "oh your hair is marvey ZPETE" "Whadya mean I'm BALD" etc.....etc....etc....

Rawai Pier old and new

HMMMM...............I'll work on it, anyway this is much better than the Ping and ZPETE "how are your crumpets today"., "mine are a bit hard", "oh your hair is marvey ZPETE" "Whadya mean I'm BALD" etc.....etc....etc....

My hair will be cut by EH, the day I arrive.

Her salon, next to Come On Bar, going down to pier,

She has cut my hair alla time last 4 years, except this year.

Long way to go for haircut........LOL

Hey has anyone else passed through the "Welcome Gateway" near Sarasin Bridge ?

If ever there was a monument to the graft & corruption on this island then this monstrosity is it - which "Mafia Don" decided we needed such a carbuncle and what the H*ll is with the thoughtless <deleted>' detour ?

Anybody and everybody who had anything whatsoever to do with this project should be put up against the wall and shot at dawn., then the entire eyesore can be torn down - Viva the Revolution.

Apart from that I am quite a mild mannered man....... :o

Perhaps it was just my impression, but I would welcome feedback from others.

Is the above pic the Welcome gate?

It looks like a barn.

One is to be herded through it?

Remember, Remember the 5th of November, I see no Good Reason why one Should Forget the 5th of November."

As an immigrant, legally residing within Thailand and under fear of persecution in my home country- I feel no qualms whatsoever in raising my voice and demonstrating action to change. Every country has benefited from its immigrants, if allowed.

I wouldn't live here if it weren't legal.

Look at the Burmese. Who wil stand up to for them?

I think those who don't say, write and do what they think , those wussies make it all the more harder.

Why was this barn built and not a jail that is desperately needed?

Democracy relies on participation. Governments don't change people- People change Governments.

Edited by MustaphaMond

Hey has anyone else passed through the "Welcome Gateway" near Sarasin Bridge ?

If ever there was a monument to the graft & corruption on this island then this monstrosity is it - which "Mafia Don" decided we needed such a carbuncle and what the H*ll is with the thoughtless <deleted>' detour ?

Anybody and everybody who had anything whatsoever to do with this project should be put up against the wall and shot at dawn., then the entire eyesore can be torn down - Viva the Revolution.

Apart from that I am quite a mild mannered man....... :o

Perhaps it was just my impression, but I would welcome feedback from others.

Is the above pic the Welcome gate?

It looks like a barn.

One is to be herded through it?

Remember, Remember the 5th of November, I see no Good Reason why one Should Forget the 5th of November."

As an immigrant, legally residing within Thailand and under fear of persecution in my home country- I feel no qualms whatsoever in raising my voice and demonstrating action to change. Every country has benefited from its immigrants, if allowed.

I wouldn't live here if it weren't legal.

Look at the Burmese. Who wil stand up to for them?

I think those who don't say, write and do what they think , those wussies make it all the more harder.

Why was this barn built and not a jail that is desperately needed?

Democracy relies on participation. Governments don't change people- People change Governments.

That must be the funniest comment I have heard this year.

Would you say that about the UK?

Ted.

post-59607-1209909628.gif

Sorry for my absence Pete. Been flat-out with some other business and haven't had a chance to get onto TV at all. Nice to see Kan Win and others are making use of this thread as intended - keep it up folks! I'm off to Phuket tonight, but don't have a net connection at my rental house, so will be wandering into wifi bars once or twice a week to keep in touch. I will check out Donna's suggestion for drinks venue, though will probably stick with Fault Towers - central, good prices and just fine as a venue. But if others would prefer elsewhere, no problem. I'll try to set a date next week for two or three weeks' time.

Sorry for my absence Pete. Been flat-out with some other business and haven't had a chance to get onto TV at all. Nice to see Kan Win and others are making use of this thread as intended - keep it up folks! I'm off to Phuket tonight, but don't have a net connection at my rental house, so will be wandering into wifi bars once or twice a week to keep in touch. I will check out Donna's suggestion for drinks venue, though will probably stick with Fault Towers - central, good prices and just fine as a venue. But if others would prefer elsewhere, no problem. I'll try to set a date next week for two or three weeks' time.

PING, :o back, great to see you.

I booked for 16th June, but now hospital has brought my radiation therapy forwards, dunno wot's up now.

Hope to find out on Tuesday, but seems my trip will be delayed, dunno, but will letya know.

I so wanted to get there for the TV meet.

Mite rebook and be there for Loy Krathong, me lilgal wants me to.

Piss me orf spending winter here..... brrrrrrr

Hey, cyber cafés only 20 baht , per hour in most places.

Guess you will find this when ya in Patonf.

PING, :o back, great to see you.

I booked for 16th June, but now hospital has brought my radiation therapy forwards, dunno wot's up now.

Hope to find out on Tuesday, but seems my trip will be delayed, dunno, but will letya know.

I so wanted to get there for the TV meet.

Mite rebook and be there for Loy Krathong, me lilgal wants me to.

Piss me orf spending winter here..... brrrrrrr

Hey, cyber cafés only 20 baht , per hour in most places.

Guess you will find this when ya in Patong.

Today, 13th May.

Dates for radiation to start, 5 days a week for 37 treatments.

9th June, finish, 30th July.

Looks like August - Sept before I get to Phuket.

Psssss me orf, but health comes 1st.

Yes, have to look after your health no. 1. Good luck with the treatments.

Internet most places 1 baht per minute. I've found a place called Cyberzone which has a wifi broadcast across most of Patong, so after all that, I now have Internet at home. B3500 for 100 hours/4 months. Not cheap, but convenient, so I'm back in business.

Wheeeee, ya there, lucky ol' bugga.

Glad to see ya all set up.

How many gigs ya get in that package?

If I do get there this year, I bin thinking to be around for Loy Krathong.

Best I am able to find datewise is.....

November 12,2008.

Guess I could come for a month on October, have to let things happen here, wot hospital says.

Unfortunately, I do not know anyone personally who has been thru this for a chat on wot to expect.

Not worrying, life goes on.

Catch up laterzzzzz

Today, 13th May.

Guess I could come for a month on October, have to let things happen here, wot hospital says.

Unfortunately, I do not know anyone personally who has been thru this for a chat on wot to expect.

Not worrying, life goes on.

Catch up laterzzzzz

What with you and Old Croc going, what will we do without you both. "Old One" going in on May 23rd and now you gone as well, wishing you both me very bestest and ZzzzzzzzzzPeeeeeded recovery.

May the "Good Lord Bless" you both with a good and long life ahead. :D

Chin up as we say :D

Kan Win :o

Pete, I have not been here for Loi Krathong for quite a few years, but always very nice.

The Internet package I have is only restricted to 100 hours within 4 months - no download limit per mb/gb. Not my idea of a good package, but beggars can't be choosers.

Ken, thanks for your thoughts, matey.

No problem, 8 outta 10 guys get it, the other 2 have it but din't know........hehe

Pretty sure I will be ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ping, if I stay at backpackers, most have wifi available now-a-days, so not really a problem to me on a short stay.

Just wondering as I hope to stay longer next year.

In Chalong, I can use me nephews wifi hook up, he offered it if I bought along a L/Top.

My LilThai gal took me out to the river in Bangers for Loy Krathong, sumplace near Khao San Road, it was a fab nite.

I bin thinking, Chalong and Rawai with their piers may be the places tobe, we will see.

Today, 13th May.

Wish you well, Zpete ! Very inconvenient 7 1/2 week treatment but necessary. Hope the radiation will help though.

Good luck ! :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Thanks guys and gals for your thoughts.

Not the end of the world, but appreciate your posts of concern.

Seems I will get to LOS around mid Oct, go home mid Nov.

Miss the TV pizzzzzup, but will be there for Loy Krathong.

Just waiting on my dates from rebooking.

OC, yeah, we better make a pact.........LOL

Ping, Air Asia fares are fab, and I have neva had a prob with them either.

Early and late flites are usually cheaper.

Keep eyes skinned for their specials, some are unbeliveable.

Free seats at the moment, seems a bit of a lottery, but I have had one free flite last year, just pay taxes.

I hope to go to Manila this trip, return fare $NZ57.47 plus taxes, from KLLCC, hafta add taxes, dunno what taxes are from Philipines.

HKT - KLCC $NZ37.61 plus taxes.....Total 2,014.00 THB..... $NZ79.07 ret.

Eva so cheap, amazing how they do it.

I always go sumplace from LOS every trip.

Edited by Zpete

I drive down to Phuket twice a year in Feb and in September. Normally take the 401 road just after the Co-Op in Surat, but next time will take the 44 Road as it is almost straight, (fill up in Chumphon as normal) to go to Phuket. The big IF is if it not raining then will take some photos at near the end of road 44 goinf to Krabi, some great landscape shot to be had.

Me flying days are over as I have toooooooo much to carry around with me.

So if one or two are there this September might see you there.

Opps frog-got Ken Win for Pete's sake :D

Patong Beach.

Took this photo in Sept 2006

large.jpg

Went back in Feb this year as did not take a photo, but what a shame that it look in such dis-repair.

Any chance of you Phuket folks taking a photo and posting up on this "Fred" ? wood like to see how it looks now.

Please "Generally Discuss" this. :o

Kan Win

or more. Hope to catch up with you then "Khun Ping" and congrats to you for reaching the 3000th mark :D now go and chase our Tiger down, only 7,000 more to go :D

or more. Hope to catch up with you then "Khun Ping" and congrats to you for reaching the 3000th mark :D now go and chase our Tiger down, only 7,000 more to go :D

LOL, Kan Win, yer needa be in TV, day and nite. :o

LOL, Kan Win, yer needa be in TV, day and nite. :D

You and all will be and always in me Heart :o

Sawadee :D

or more. Hope to catch up with you then "Khun Ping" and congrats to you for reaching the 3000th mark B) now go and chase our Tiger down, only 7,000 more to go :D

LOL, Kan Win, yer needa be in TV, day and nite. :D

You and all will be and always in me Heart :o

Sawadee :D

Awwww...... how sweet, Kan, ......... :D

PMPL