Need Help With Window Shutters

stupidfalang

They look nice but you will be the first one on the block to get a visit by a thief as the thieves always go for the easy score & they would probably use your shutters for a fire to keep them warm later in the night.

got marshmallow's.

Serious you can have some attractive bars made to open with a lock. If you get sliders have them leave a space 4' in the middle open with only 1 bar in the middle . Your sliders & screen will open easy instead of 5 times to open or close your window.

I hope you can make out the opening, it is a great design & you avoid moving your hands in & out around the bars.

Put the bars on the inside so the buggers can't pry the bars off.

Or go with good looks & wood & take your chances....they also make impact proof glass very effective & very expensivive.

But no breakins or random bullets coming thru!

post-32440-1204195497_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beardog

• 1 month later...
hate those iron burglar bars, makes a house feel like a prison... and screws up the look of my nice wooden windows.

There is a company in Chiang Mai that manufactures burglar proof "mosquito" netting for export, apparently very popular in Australia.

Clearguard / CrimsafeIt may look like ordinary fly screen but this is actually stainless steel woven into a fine mesh. This give a clear unobstucted view of the outdoors and lets the cool breezes through your home. This is truly burglar proof as you cannot cut through it. This product looks modern and lasts for years. Made to order with frames in various colours. More expensive than the regular security screens but well worth the money.

I believe their representative in Thailand is www.duro-products.com

This may solve your aesthetic problem and stop mosquitos!!

Edited by VocalNeal