Visit During Songkran?

Two Roads

I am determined not to be in Pattaya during Songkran; question is were to go?

Penang makes for a relaxing, civilized break. Lots of history (read up on it), good scenery (beach and town), great food, elegant bars, many bookstores, some interesting tourist spots, English spoken widely, friendlier than Thailand. It's quaint and funky yet modern and international as well.

I will probably go there during Songkran. However, most members here can't handle Penang because it lacks an overt sex scene. For them, the Philippines is a better choice.

Thanks for that recommendation. I have never visted Penang and I would be taking Mrs Libya anyway. Quick question does she need an entry visa for Malaysia, in fact do I. I am British?

I'll pick up a guide book to Penang tomorrow.

Airport visa for both.

(I assume Libya 114 is Thai)

Edited by Humphrey Bear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am determined not to be in Pattaya during Songkran; question is were to go?

Penang makes for a relaxing, civilized break. Lots of history (read up on it), good scenery (beach and town), great food, elegant bars, many bookstores, some interesting tourist spots, English spoken widely, friendlier than Thailand. It's quaint and funky yet modern and international as well.

I will probably go there during Songkran. However, most members here can't handle Penang because it lacks an overt sex scene. For them, the Philippines is a better choice.

Thanks for that recommendation. I have never visted Penang and I would be taking Mrs Libya anyway. Quick question does she need an entry visa for Malaysia, in fact do I. I am British?

I'll pick up a guide book to Penang tomorrow.

Airport visa for both.

(I assume Libya 114 is Thai)

Yes: Thanks HB. It is good to be back here in LOS after Middle East toil..............

Yes: Thanks HB. It is good to be back here in LOS after Middle East toil..............

I am counting the hours (or I would be if my company had got my passport out of the Immigration and bought the air-ticket :o )

Useless bunch of tossers have had the p/p for two weeks and done NOTHING!

Supposed to start in Vietnam next week. Reckon the wife will have to come to Su'boom to wave hello/goodbye.