Does Anyone Know Where Immigration Bureau Suan Plu Will Move To?

Yes! A whole, whole lot closer than the present location.

Gee, closer to whom? No Skytrain, no subway, right?

Fortunately, it's being said at Suan Phlu that the current location will remain and continue to provide all or most functions (though presumably with fewer staff).

Let's pray for more IT deployment. Setting up a method for online 90 day reporting would lighten their workload significantly.

Edited by mahjongguy

The current location is not near skytrain or subway either. We must ask a friend in BKK to help drive us in or a policeman will fine us for some reasons. We're upcountry people and are not familiar with the traffic deep in town. If having no help, we often park at Mo Chit free parking place and take the BTS. Taxi would be slightly higher but we don't want the traffic jam.

Hubby says the new location is not in a condensed place.

The current location is not near skytrain or subway either. We must ask a friend in BKK to help drive us in or a policeman will fine us for some reasons. We're upcountry people and are not familiar with the traffic deep in town. If having no help, we often park at Mo Chit free parking place and take the BTS. Taxi would be slightly higher but we don't want the traffic jam.

37 baht taxi from Sala Daeng BTS station.

37 baht taxi from Sala Daeng BTS station.

Not a long walk either, down Convent Road, across the bridge at Sathorn and you are almost there. 10 min max.

The comment about the need for IT support is very valid.

They should follow the example of the Thai Passport office. :o

No need for photocopies, original documents are scanned and held

on the computer for immediate access, when required.

Keep it where it is!!, just fine for me and I am 250 km's from BKK. Bus to Mo Chit, BTS to Sala Daeng, can collect Bank statement from Silom -Bangkok Bank HQ, renew BUPA in Convent road, (Q Building) and the taxi to Suan Plu.

Can be done in a day, but why rush. Stay overnight and get happy hour at Spanky's -Patpong, 50 baht small bottle and watch the girls? arrive for work.

I lived in Laksi for a brief period, not too much there. Miracle Grand Hotel/Louis Tavern, some good local food. A few farang there as was a training area for aircrew/flight attendants, as near old Don Muang.

Edited by phutoie2

I went down in January from home 400 km away from Bangkok and having been there before we got to Suan Phlu where my wife threw me out to get started and she then parked the car and came in with our 3 1/2 year old son about 10 minutes later. She actually managed to part in the car park there.

We stayed at a friends house on Sukhumvit 101/1 and spent 4 nights in BKK.

Last month I drove down on my own, parked at Carrefour at On Nut BTS, took the skytrain to Asok, the subway to Lumpini and a taxi the last bit.

Taxi back to Central Chidlom for some shopping, BTS to Asok for medice at the pharmacy, BTS back to On Nut to pick up the car (free parking), out to Seacon Square for monthly shop at Lotus and then drove home.

Left at 5 am and got home around 10.30 pm and drove close to 800km.

Boy I was knackered the next day.

Suan Phlu is big enough to do all the work IF there was a seperate area for the "agents" to go to and not keep bothering the extremely hard working staff. If it were possible to get rid of them the rest of the visa section would be more efficient and waiting times much less.

That and the place needs a multi storey car park of about 20 floors. :o

They plan to move to the new location next month.

Bill, my husband also drives 400 km each way. Left home 5:30 am. Had some quick shopping. Met our daughter for dinner and reached home 10:30 pm.

He complains to the officer every year why they don't set up another office at Phitsanulok which is 1 hour drive from our place :o . He says Thai people (like him) like to complain & to bargain if they're not happy.

Thanks Harry for the taxi tip.

Suan Phlu is big enough to do all the work IF there was a seperate area for the "agents" to go to and not keep bothering the extremely hard working staff. If it were possible to get rid of them the rest of the visa section would be more efficient and waiting times much less.

That and the place needs a multi storey car park of about 20 floors. :o

100%, nothing more frustrating than seeing the agents 'jumping' or at least trying to 'jump' in front. Give them their own room would be a very good idea.

Getting to the Immigration Bureau (Soi Suan Plu)

By bus

Take bus Nrs. 22 , 62 or 67

By Bangkok subway

Lumpini station is the closest subway station to the Bureau. Take the number 2 exit to Sathorn Road. Walk to a bus stop around 200 meters. Then take bus Nrs. 22, 62 or 67 bus to the Bureau.

By Bangkok skytrain

Exit at Saladaeng station. Walk to a bus stop at

Chulalongkorn Hospital on Rama IV road. Take bus 67 or

Next to U- Chuliang Building. Take a red open pick-up bus (Sawngthaew).

By car

Drive to South Sathorn Road (Thanon Sathon Tai). Turn left into Soi Suan Phlu. About 600 meters into the soi, the Bureau is on the left hand side, just after Thoongmahamake police station.

FYI !! Due to the limitation of parking area at the office, please take a mass transportation or a taxi.

Office hour: Mon-Fri 8:30 - 16:30

Closed on Saturday, Sunday and OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

map.gif

Much appreciated.

I'm sure this has been put to print numerous times, but, armed with a 'Non Imm O' within it's last 30 days of 90, what do I need to bring with me for Retirement ext.?

Also, can I do a Multi Entry Permit at the same time?

1,900 baht for TM.7 extension of stay and 1,000 or 3,800 baht for TM.8 re-entry permit (both can be downloaded from pinned items useful information link at top of forum). 4x6cm photos for forms taken within last six months. Passport/copies of data and current visa/stay stamps. Proof of income letter from Embassy or proof of bank passbook/letter of account balance from bank or both. They may want proof of residence such as lease/hotel receipt for first application. The official list is below:

1. Application form

2. Copy of the applicant's passport

3. Proof of income, e.g., retirement

pension, interest earnings or

dividends, etc.; and/or

4. Certificate of local bank account

deposit together with copies of

bank account records

Now I know whst the new and strange looking building going up in Chaengwattana is. Great for me when they move there, but I know it will be a bit difficult for many.

The same zone houses the Dept of Special Investigation, the Supreme Court, the Foreign Ministry, with more departments to come

Edited by Guest

Lops, why is this pointless thread not closed??? as with the case of a previous post(s) on closure of immigration offices. We only have the word of one person on a likely move of Suan Plu.

There is nothing on the Thai immigration website/BKK Post/or other Thai forums as to change of location of Thailand's main immigration office.

Edited by phutoie2

...There is nothing on the Thai immigration website/BKK Post/or other Thai forums as to change of location of Thailand's main immigration office.

Considering that the website of Bangkok’s immigration office does not yet reflect changes in rules for extensions of stay that entered into effect 20 months ago I believe it would be too much to expect that it should carry information on a future event.

--

Maestro

They won't be moving next month no matter what, the building has a lot of work to go. Haven't seen how the inside is getting on, but just from outside it could be several months to finish.

TH

Thanks, thats the most sensible reply to date!

Lops, why is this pointless thread not closed??? as with the case of a previous post(s) on closure of immigration offices. We only have the word of one person on a likely move of Suan Plu.

There is nothing on the Thai immigration website/BKK Post/or other Thai forums as to change of location of Thailand's main immigration office.

Isn't this Thaivisa forum a place to ask for information?

There's no announcement anywhere. If there had been, I would not have posted this question for being blamed pointless.

My husband talked with the Immigration Officials and she said they PLANNED to move. I did not say they will move in April.

Read my topic title "Does anyone know....?"

I did not say "They will move to....in April"

I did not post as an announcement.

Edited by greenmember

I think the thread is a good one. I have watched the building going up for some time now. I have known it was going to be some government offices but never thought about immigration moving out there. I suspect a lot of government offices will move there. It is certainly big enough to hold a lot of people. Immigration won’t make much of a dent.

Won't be near as easy to get to as Suan Plu. Nearest public transit will be Mor Chit and that is at least 15 minutes by car.

TH

Its a designated zone for government departments to move to. Immigration is just the latest, that started with the Foreign Ministry's consular department. There are plans for a subway or skytrain to pass nearby (Laksi) but its a long way off. There's an existing railway station at the intersection with Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road....

For we out of towners a move to Laksi would not be too bad. Most coaches stop at Rangsit (Future Park) if you are coming in from the North, and its a short bus ride/taxi to Laksi. There are a few hotels in the area for overnight stay and the charms of Don Muang are still in existence!.

Perhaps as one poster said, if they keep Suan Plu open as well this will suit all.

In fact, most of the buses running down to Morchit will stop on request at the intersection of Vibhavdi-Rangsit and Chaengwattana, then its a quick taxi ride to the to-be-new office, or even walkable.