How Much For A Will ?

siampaulibuyasia

whats the cost of of a will in english and thai

Don't know :o

Not a helpful reply, I know, but if you want a lawyer, I can recomment a guy just off Dolphin Roundabout in North Pattaya. Khun Kamnod.

‎"‎Kamnod Soponvasu‎"‎ <[email protected]>

Good English and will lead you by the hand through all the legal hurdles.

Keep your capital out of Thailand if you can. It's easy to bring it in, devil's own job to get it out again.

For a Thai Will go to your local city hall, last year Banglamung City Hall was charging 4500 baht to prepare a legal Thai Will, it will obviously be written in Thai and you will need to pay to have it translated yourself, if you do not believe what your wife/gf tells you it says! For A UK Will, do a web search for an example and then write one out yourself, as long as it is witnessed/signed/dated it will be legal and binding.

Tammi, I went through this process last year. I was the Administrator/Executor for my friends Will in Thailand and the Lawyers fee including in my case getting a Power of Attorney at the court to obtain Grant of Probate cost me including all fees in relation to the other work by the Lawyer such visiting the Commerce Office, Land Office, to transfer 'Title', banks, changing car/bike registrations etc cost the deceased's estate ฿ 50,000.

For those that do not have Wills I would thoroughly recommend that you get one. My friend had a different Will lodged in three different countries (all of which were uncontested) and it still took over a year to complete each one. Be prepared for lots and lots of paperwork!

Tammi, I went through this process last year. I was the Administrator/Executor for my friends Will in Thailand and the Lawyers fee including in my case getting a Power of Attorney at the court to obtain Grant of Probate cost me including all fees in relation to the other work by the Lawyer such visiting the Commerce Office, Land Office, to transfer 'Title', banks, changing car/bike registrations etc cost the deceased's estate ฿ 50,000.

For those that do not have Wills I would thoroughly recommend that you get one. My friend had a different Will lodged in three different countries (all of which were uncontested) and it still took over a year to complete each one. Be prepared for lots and lots of paperwork!

Chopper, do you have any info on Thai Inheritence Tax Laws or death duties etc that you could share please?

I had a will drawn up in UK last year for 25 gbp. They came to my home as well. I have left a letter signed by 2 witnesses with my accountant here stating that my UK will is my last will and testemony. Do you think this will be ok ? I have no thai wife and have a house here and in UK and have lived here for 3 years. Thanks

Not to hijack the thread but do any of our esteemed board members here have any clue as to whether or not Thailand has or recognizes "living wills" ?

For those of you that do not understand a "living will" allows the hospital to turn off the machine once brain activity has ceased.

And NO, this question is not an example of brain activity having ceased :o