Validity Of Passport

The airline will probably ask you to sign a waiver, normal rules are that a passport must have six months validity for travel. If the airline were to accept you and on arrival immigration refuse you entry the airline is liable to a fine for accepting you. As I understand it, others may have different experience.

Edited by JohnC

The airline will probably ask you to sign a waiver, normal rules are that a passport must have six months validity for travel. If the airline were to accept you and on arrival immigration refuse you entry the airline is liable to a fine for accepting you. As I understand it, others may have different experience.

Thanks for info but will immigration allow me to enter the country with a passport vaildity of 5 months?

There is a story on Trip Advisor about an Aussie who was denied boarding a flight to LOS because his passport had less than 6 months validity.

Actually paulin is right. A citizen of The Netherland's is required to have 6 months of validity in there passport. I believe that this might also be upon exit of LOS. You can check online with what the airlines use which is called the Timatic. Created by IATA. All countries and combinations can be input to find any info regarding visa, passport,and heath. Most airlines have a link to it on there websites. I found your info from Delta Airlines website.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...rt_information/

Thanks for info but will immigration allow me to enter the country with a passport vaildity of 5 months?

You will probably never get to immigration as the airline will not let you board. This is assuming the check-in clerk catches it, which in IMHO is likely.

TH

When I worked in Belgium my boss had 4 months left on her Netherlands passport with a holiday booked to Thailand and no time to renew when she realised.

She called the TA who told her to call Thai Airways - they told her she could board but if immigration did not let her in then she would have to pay her own way home - she flew and everything was OK.

She was on a Royal Orchid package tour if that woukld have made any difference.

Recently a colleague with a Belgian passport of less than 6 months validity was prevented from boarding by Lufthansa at Brussels coming to singapore as the airline said Singapore would not let them in.