University Ranking

I'm in the process of hiring, and I'm looking for well educated Thai applicants. How would you rank the top ten (or five) universities in Thailand? I would be looking for those with strong science reputations over strong arts reputations.

Also, if you know Chiang Mai, how would you rank the universities in Chiang Mai?

For Chiang Mai, I've been told:

1. Chiang Mai University (biggest, best, but also hardest to get into)

2. Payap University (second biggest, but easier to get into because of the high tuition fees... many classes taught in English here)

3. Maejo University

4. North University

5. Rajabhat University

I've also been told to avoid applicants with degrees from the surrounding smaller universities, and basically stick to 1 & 2 above for the brightest talents. What do you think about that?

Is there any official material, like official national rankings?

Thanks...

But is anyone here who had hired someone fresh out of the university and they were motivated, skilled and autonomous workers?

I was just looking for people for half a year and sadly never came across someone like this.

But is anyone here who had hired someone fresh out of the university and they were motivated, skilled and autonomous workers?

I was just looking for people for half a year and sadly never came across someone like this.

Alternatively, perhaps they just couldn't understand what you were asking of them.

all the people I have hired were motivated; graduates are rarely skilled anywhere the world, Thais no better no worse, and no idea what an autonomous worker is, something to do with making cars? :-)