Thai Girl To Spain

Hello All,

Wondered if you could give me some advice...??

I met a gorgeous girl (aren't they all) in Phuket and she says she would like to come and live with me in Spain, I know very little about how the visa process works, can anyone advise me of the options?

Could she come for a holiday first, would we need to get married etc?

Any help highly appreciated!

Thanks!

I have a pal who is Spanish and has his Thai wife there - he said it was straightforward.

That was marriage visa though - are you Spanish or another EU national - because if you are it will be much easier being another EU national.

Is it just a Visitors Visa you want?

I once met a Scotsman in Budapest Airport with his Thai GF from Phuket - they were on the way back from a wedding in Spain and he said it was easier ther than when he wanted to take her to the UK - just an anecdote if its any help.

If your girlfriend wishes to accompany you for a holiday, she will require a Schengen visa from the Spanish embassy in Bangkok. If, as Prakanong has pointed out, you are married to each other and you are of an EEA nationality other than Spanish, the visa is free and easier to obtain.

Scouse.

Thanks guys!

I'd probably go for a visitors visa first, I think that's more sensible than just bringing her over blind, let her have a look at where I live first and then maybe go down the marriage route at a later date if she still fancies it.

If there's anymore info you can give me it would be appreciated...

ok i am in spain now with my and we both came over from bangkok...and yes i have a brit passport!!!

Immigration here dosent even exist once your here your here and if you stay 3 yrs they make you legal....madrid and all of spain is a melting pot of illegal immigrants more than any country in the world and no one minds.

im trying to do it legally and its a f'in nightmare..they only accept weddin certificates under 3 months old to prove you not divorced even though its legalized but thai and brit embassy....i finally got a new one which took 4 months and then i had to wait 3 and half months for an interview so now its not accepted(it 2 weeks older than it should be, not my fault)????

there is more red tape here than the whole of asia put together....so my advice is marry her in europe or just let her wait 3 yrs.....this mean every 6 months you need to get her a paper to say she is residing in that city....thats easy. But once you hav the schengen visa just come here and everything is fine.

Go to the spanish migration homepage, Im sure they have all details and all the paper you need for download.

Read on this forum about relations with thaigirls, if youre a newbie. It can be wonderful and it can be a nightmare. 90% is about money and the rest is about money and love. That was an sideline from your qestion. Im married with a thaigirl, we have a great life. But there is a lot of paperwork and travelling to do, before she is inside EU legaly.

Good Luck.