Singapore Non Imm 'o'

Well, good news. Arrived in SG sunday night, went tp the Embassy bright and early but there was still a bit of a queue. I downloaded the application form and had everything filled in, it seems they have "personalised" the form and have a new form filling and waiting area just outside in the car park. I was about 20th in the line at the gate but because of the form change I ended up second at the window, which was a result!

The do now have on the website that you must show 400,000 in the bank, but does not have to be a Thai bank account, now here's the interesting bit.....

I have invested quite a sum of money in gold and fell short of the "in the bank" requirement by about 100,000, I didn't mention the gold but I did provide payslips for last year and tax forms stating the amount of tax paid (in Thailand), also the wifes contract of employment showing her salary (about 200,000) a year.

Paid my S$220, went back at 2pm on Tuesday, collected my nice shiney new 1 year visa!!

So it looks like all is well with Singapore!! But it did rain for 3 days!!!!

If you are quick picking the visa up and go directly to the airport (terminal 2) Air Asia have a 3.35 flight that is just about makeable!!!!!

Well, good news. Arrived in SG sunday night, went tp the Embassy bright and early but there was still a bit of a queue. I downloaded the application form and had everything filled in, it seems they have "personalised" the form and have a new form filling and waiting area just outside in the car park. I was about 20th in the line at the gate but because of the form change I ended up second at the window, which was a result!

The do now have on the website that you must show 400,000 in the bank, but does not have to be a Thai bank account, now here's the interesting bit.....

I have invested quite a sum of money in gold and fell short of the "in the bank" requirement by about 100,000, I didn't mention the gold but I did provide payslips for last year and tax forms stating the amount of tax paid (in Thailand), also the wifes contract of employment showing her salary (about 200,000) a year.

Paid my S$220, went back at 2pm on Tuesday, collected my nice shiney new 1 year visa!!

If you are quick picking the visa up and go directly to the airport (terminal 2) Air Asia have a 3.35 flight that is just about makeable!!!!!

Hi andyadam Planning singapore trip next week what paperwork do i need bank book showing over 800.000 i am british living in thailand past 4 years also do i need a visa.

The following was copied and pasted from the Thai Embassy's website in Singapore.

Non-Immigrant Visa-O (Thai Spouse)

Required documents are:

1. One completed and signed visa application form

2. One recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5cm)*

3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)

4. Personal history.

5. Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number date of entry/exit.

6. Marriage Certificate.

7. Bank Statement (at least 400,000 Baht)

Did you have to show either No 4 or 5 at the embassy to get a multi entry Non 'O'?

Big A

I was under the impression that the 400k lump in the bank for Non-Imm 'o' had gone and only the 40k/month still held.

Just got mine from the UK and didn't need most of that stuff - just wedding cert copy (I also sent kids birth certs too - copies), declaration that I can afford to support us all, passport and the form (and £106 - including retuen postage).

I was under the impression that the 400k lump in the bank for Non-Imm 'o' had gone and only the 40k/month still held.

Just got mine from the UK and didn't need most of that stuff - just wedding cert copy (I also sent kids birth certs too - copies), declaration that I can afford to support us all, passport and the form (and £106 - including retuen postage).

Yes. If you want to extend your Non Imm 'O' visa for 1 year, you need to show that either you or your wife is earning B40,000pm

If you want a Non Imm'O' multi entry (i.e. cannot show an income), you must have B400K in a bank.

The following was copied and pasted from the Thai Embassy's website in Singapore.

Required documents are:

4. Personal history.

6. Marriage Certificate.

Did you have to show either No 4 or 5 at the embassy to get a multi entry Non 'O'?

Big A

I second Big A's question - (i) I've never had to show either of those (but things change of course) and (ii) number 4 in particular is a bloody odd thing to ask for!!!

CC

Edited by Captain Chaos

Required documents are:

4. Personal history.

6. Marriage Certificate.

Big A

I second Big A's question - (i) I've never had to show either of those (but things change of course) and (ii) number 4 in particular is a bloody odd thing to ask for!!!

CC

I am actually in Singapore right now, getting my Non "O"

Things have certainly changed in the embassy from a few months ago. Apart from the crazy queuing system now in place, they have got a lot stricter. They were literally turning people away (I saw at least 10 people rejected).

It appears that if you are going for a tourist Visa you MUST have a return plane ticket booked already that you have to show.

I am obtaining mine as a 3 month single entry visa based on taking care of my son.....No problem same as before, just have to show court papers showing custody granted to me, as well as my bank book showing minimum 400K.

But they are definately a lot stricter than they were 4 months ago with tourist Visas!!

I did NOT have to show any plane ticket.

I recently went to Singapore to apply for a multi entry one year; with Thai marriage certificate, letter from my employer stating my job status/income, check stubs showing my over 40,000 baht (substantially over), a month income, and came away with a single entry 90 day non-immi O. The lady at the counter said I needed to show a bank statement, but wouldn't clarify how much was needed in the bank or if income had to be shown going into the bank steadily. I've read many different theories on what they want, but don't know the latest. Does anybody know what the latest from the "Land of smiles" is?

The Singapore requirement is 400k in a bank account anywhere.

But if you have local employment (and can show tax payment on it) of 40k per month you should apply for extension of stay from Immigration. It only requires 40k per month family income for one year extensions of stay. But that is an Immigration figure - Consulates do not use that for issue of visas. Visas, even multi entry, can be issued with no financial requirements by some Consulates.

Hi andyadam Planning singapore trip next week what paperwork do i need bank book showing over 800.000 i am british living in thailand past 4 years also do i need a visa.

No Visa needes for Singapore, as for paperwork, it depends on the grounds you're applying. Mine is for marriage and a child so Marriage cert and birth cert did me. All you will need is copies of bank books but they need to be up to date.

Good luck and have fun in Singapore, you can get a pint of "Old Speckled hen" at Muddy murphy's in the road next to Orchard Towers!!!!!

Required documents are:

4. Personal history.

6. Marriage Certificate.

Big A

OK, I did take copies of my current and expired passports and was promptly given them back with a "we don't need them"!! So I'm not too sure what they mean by Personal history. She did ask me what time my flight was, I would take a copy of the ticket just in case.

The Singapore requirement is 400k in a bank account anywhere.

But if you have local employment (and can show tax payment on it) of 40k per month you should apply for extension of stay from Immigration. It only requires 40k per month family income for one year extensions of stay. But that is an Immigration figure - Consulates do not use that for issue of visas. Visas, even multi entry, can be issued with no financial requirements by some Consulates.

Hey lop,

Here's the thing.....I actually fell short on the bank deposit by about 100K but I did take my wife's employment contract (worth about 200k a year) and my tax forms. Now I can't get an extention because I don't earn 40K per month (the per month is important) but last year I earned and paid tax on over 1 million baht in 4 months.

It seems that the embassy in SG will take that in to consideration where as immigration won't because I don't earn every single month of the year!!!!

TIT!!

Theoretically, immigration should look at the average monthly income over a period of 12 months. Therefore, if you earn 1 million Baht in 4 months you should qualify for the marriage extension. If earned in Thailand, you need tax receipts, if earned abroad you need the embassy letter.

--

Maestro

Theoretically, immigration should look at the average monthly income over a period of 12 months. Therefore, if you earn 1 million Baht in 4 months you should qualify for the marriage extension. If earned in Thailand, you need tax receipts, if earned abroad you need the embassy letter.

--

Maestro

And that was my thought, but not the thought of Pattaya immigration!!! They wouldn't issue an extention and added "if I didn't like it, contact Bangkok. They make the rules".

I have all my tax forms and a copy of the WP which expired at the end of the job but they're not interested because it's not every month!!

Crazy but then TIT!!

• 5 months later...
...I can't get an extention because I don't earn 40K per month (the per month is important) but last year I earned and paid tax on over 1 million baht in 4 months.

It seems that the embassy in SG will take that in to consideration where as immigration won't because I don't earn every single month of the year!!!!

I guess with SG you mean Singapore. Did you earn that income in Singapore (in which case tax payment does not matter in the context of your application for marriage extension) or did you earn it in Thailand (in which case tax receipts matter but “the embassy in SG” or the Singapore embassy in Bangkok do not matter)

If it is foreign earned income, was it perhaps because of the way the embassy letter was worded? Take the original Thai text of paragraph 7.17 of Royal Thai Police Order 606/2549 (both English translations are incorrect) and you will find that an average monthly income over 12 months is mentioned. I am not sure if the 12 months refer to the last calendar year of to the 12 months preceding the date of application.

--

Maestro

I was hoping that somebody would come along and give a correct translation of the Thai text passage that refers to average monthly income. Unable to read or write Thai I now resorted to an online dictionary (www.thai2english.com/dictionary) to break down what I considered to be the relevant text into individual words and then translate each word into English, and I came up with the following:

Thai: เฉลี่ยทั้งป ไมนอยกวาเดือนละ ๔๐,๐๐๐ บาท

Literal English translation: average whole year not less than each month 40,000 Baht.

andyadam, if the immigration office where you applied (Jomthien?) cannot interpret this Thai text correctly you should perhaps go to the Bangkok immigration office and explain to them the problem created by your local office.

--

Maestro

P.S. I see that the ThaiVisa forum software did not correctly reproduce the Thai text I copy/pasted from the Police Order. Here's a screen shot of the Thai text:

post-21260-1220878941_thumb.png

Edited by Maestro

I was hoping that somebody would come along and give a correct translation of the Thai text passage that refers to average monthly income. Unable to read or write Thai I now resorted to an online dictionary (www.thai2english.com/dictionary) to break down what I considered to be the relevant text into individual words and then translate each word into English, and I came up with the following:

Thai: เฉลี่ยทั้งป ไมนอยกวาเดือนละ ๔๐,๐๐๐ บาท

Literal English translation: average whole year not less than each month 40,000 Baht.

andyadam, if the immigration office where you applied (Jomthien?) cannot interpret this Thai text correctly you should perhaps go to the Bangkok immigration office and explain to them the problem created by your local office.

--

Maestro

P.S. I see that the ThaiVisa forum software did not correctly reproduce the Thai text I copy/pasted from the Police Order. Here's a screen shot of the Thai text:

post-21260-1220878941_thumb.png

Thanks for that one Maestro, I'll investigate that option. I'm not a big fan of Jomtien, they seem to make it up as they go along!!!!