Nanny/maid In Bangkok

cyLIONG

• 5 weeks later...
hi there, me and my family will move to bangkok on this June. Anyone know where can i get a full time nanny/maid in Bangkok? Or can recconment me a reliable agent for this matter? thanks

Sorry CyLiong I can't help but have the same question. Wife and baby are going to spend a whole month in BKK soon and we would need a live in nanny, as usual a chinese speaker will be most welcome.

Any agency than to recommend?

Actually checked the website of Bangkok booster center and another similar one, timetable is not very clear. Is a live in nanny supposed to work 24hours a day? ie anytime when the baby is awake? That's for sure the way our nanny works in Paris but I must say when I see the holiday and working schedule those websites have I get afraid and don't want to pay a month upfront than have to fire the nanny the first evening . Really wish it was easy to fly along our regular nanny.

I have a sister in law 33 y/o, has 10 years experience as a nanny. Very nice girl, no boyfriends (never had one, and not lesbian) She has only worked for Thai families through agency. Agency is in BKK, she would now like to work in Pattaya area. Normal rate of pay is B15,000, 1 day off per week and normal Thai holidays or pay compensation. He normal childcare is children from birth to 2 years old. She will be substitute mom for your little on. She buys and eats her own food, does not do the house except for her and babies room and is not a cook or gardener.

I wish your sister in law luck but Bt15k live in with only child care, though undoubtedly very experienced, would seem to be quite a way over the average. Such a household would probably need 3+ staff (gardener and cook and perhaps even cleaner) and I don't see many of those around in Pattaya.

Actually checked the website of Bangkok booster center and another similar one, timetable is not very clear. Is a live in nanny supposed to work 24hours a day? ie anytime when the baby is awake? That's for sure the way our nanny works in Paris but I must say when I see the holiday and working schedule those websites have I get afraid and don't want to pay a month upfront than have to fire the nanny the first evening . Really wish it was easy to fly along our regular nanny.

Fully agree with you ! Finding a good nanny in Thailand is not easy. It took us many months to find a good one. None of the agencies we tried were particularly helpful for us, but we did have some unusual requirements (fluent mandarin speaker for a start). We eventually found someone through friends of my wife's family, and we ended up leaving Thailand after employing her for only three months. As for getting up in the night if required, that was not a problem for her, but I don't think it's the norm.

French nannies are definitely the best I've come accross. And we found a fluent mandarin speaker almost immediately, which was quite a surprise.

Sonic,

France has a huge chinese community, and they indeed offer all kinds of -good and afordable- services, including live in nanny, driver, webdesigner, secretary etc... We are most satisfied with our own nanny and can recomend her strongly to others in need in Paris.

Here is possibly the main chinese speaking forum based in France, for those interested : http://www.revefrance.com/

Talking about mandarine speaking nannies, in BKK we would prefer one as well, and have to meet a chinese national my wife found over the internet upon arriving. If you have the contacts of a cantonese, mandarine, or even Hakka or Tiochew speaking lady in BKK willing to take care of our baby and sleep over, we would be very thankful.

Cheers

Luis

Sonic,

France has a huge chinese community, and they indeed offer all kinds of -good and afordable- services, including live in nanny, driver, webdesigner, secretary etc... We are most satisfied with our own nanny and can recomend her strongly to others in need in Paris.

Here is possibly the main chinese speaking forum based in France, for those interested : http://www.revefrance.com/

Talking about mandarin speaking nannies, in BKK we would prefer one as well, and have to meet a chinese national my wife found over the internet upon arriving. If you have the contacts of a cantonese, mandarin, or even Hakka or Tiochew speaking lady in BKK willing to take care of our baby and sleep over, we would be very thankful.

Cheers

Luis

The nanny did show up at the hotel 9.30am on our arrival day, and spent the first night in our place. Quite convenient as she's fluent in chinese and thai so we both can communicate with her (I speak some thai but no chinese, wife is chinese) but she is so thin she already has a hard time carrying the 9kg baby. I sure hope she will keep on working here but in case we need to change, do you have more comments abt nanny agencies in BKK ?

My wife's family are originally from shantou - our nanny spoke teochew and mandarin. Actually, she's a distant relative (you know how that goes !). Unfortunately she's got another job already - still working in the family. As for the agencies, they were really of no use to us at all so I'm sorry I can't offer any more advice, but if she becomes available again or I hear of anyone else I'll let you know.

Hope it works out with your new nanny !

Thanks Sonic,

Doing business in BKK, I often have the feeling of moving in a Tiochew colony. Mother in law is also from Shantou, and that's one of the reasons Missus feels so comfortable in BKK.

Besides the baby is not as happy as she used to be, might have to do with losing the nanny who took so good care of her in France, plus jet lag and her first teeth. Hope she will get back to her smiling self within a few days.

Please let us know if you hear of chinese speaking nannies available in BKK. Besides we will have very shortly a couple of position opening for thai nationals who speak chinese and/or english as i'm setting up a company in BKK and we need local staf for the work permit issue. Mostly a trilingual secretary than some more which are still slightly unclear. Candidates are welcome to contact me via PM.

Cheers

Luis

Edited by luisparis