Jomtien Immigration

regedit

whenever you pay money you have the right to get a receipt. If you dont get one, pay and smile, BUT report it. To Bangkok immigration.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164641

Just read the above and reminded me of immigration in Jomtien who like to charge farangs for 'confirmation of address' letters but won't give a receipt...

whenever you pay money you have the right to get a receipt. If you dont get one, pay and smile, BUT report it. To Bangkok immigration.

Just read the above and reminded me of immigration in Jomtien who like to charge farangs for 'confirmation of address' letters but won't give a receipt...

Right. I made a point of asking for that receipt in Jomtien and was told, "this is a service." :o

Right. I made a point of asking for that receipt in Jomtien and was told, "this is a service." :o

In Suan Phlu, Bangkok Immigration provide prrof of address for free but it takes a month or 2 to get the top man to sign it and they claim to do it once only (they refused to do it a second time). I assume they think one lives in a residence once in a lifetime or that whoever demands the proof will accept a photocopy of the original, which they never do. Suan Phlu tell u to see your embassy if u ask the second time. The UK embassy will issue a 'proof' written in English (unlike the immigration one) but it costs a lot for a standard letter that only says that ....they have no reason to doubt the address that the applicant has provided... and this is without proof. Total waste of time and money as whoever needs the proof of address in Thailand almost always cannot read English - they just look at the Embassy paper and approve it. The best thing is to duplicate Embassy letterheads and do it yourself.

Right. I made a point of asking for that receipt in Jomtien and was told, "this is a service." :D

In Suan Phlu, Bangkok Immigration provide prrof of address for free but it takes a month or 2 to get the top man to sign it and they claim to do it once only (they refused to do it a second time). I assume they think one lives in a residence once in a lifetime or that whoever demands the proof will accept a photocopy of the original, which they never do. Suan Phlu tell u to see your embassy if u ask the second time. The UK embassy will issue a 'proof' written in English (unlike the immigration one) but it costs a lot for a standard letter that only says that ....they have no reason to doubt the address that the applicant has provided... and this is without proof. Total waste of time and money as whoever needs the proof of address in Thailand almost always cannot read English - they just look at the Embassy paper and approve it. The best thing is to duplicate Embassy letterheads and do it yourself.

thats illegal isnt it :o but a good idea

surely they have some sort of official stamp too????