Did Thaksin Lose Face?

Mr Helper

Being based in Liverpool, the old subject of Thaksin buying Liverpool was discussed in the papers. What I was interested in, was did Thaksin lose any face in Thailand over the fiasco that was meant to be him buying 30% of Liverpool Football Club. I mean he bragged to the Worlds media that he was buying it, then pulled out! Surely he must have lost face, or was it all hushed up out in LOS???

Being based in Liverpool, the old subject of Thaksin buying Liverpool was discussed in the papers. What I was interested in, was did Thaksin lose any face in Thailand over the fiasco that was meant to be him buying 30% of Liverpool Football Club. I mean he bragged to the Worlds media that he was buying it, then pulled out! Surely he must have lost face, or was it all hushed up out in LOS???

He sees himself as too important to even coming close to losing face. The Elite Card ... Airforce One ... to name but two ongoing problems for him.

Us Farangs can handle most of the crap we are dealt with here in Los,I really deeply feel sorry for the Thai people,As they are too scared to or cannot do anything,There might be a coup around the corner as someother poster posted last week,But it will take a brave man to implement it.

As Dr P said "This man is too important to lose face"He's looking after his own as usual,But is his empire falling around him?

Us Farangs can handle most of the crap we are dealt with here in Los,I really deeply feel sorry for the Thai people,As they are too scared to or cannot do anything,There might be a coup around the corner as someother poster posted last week,But it will take a brave man to implement it.

As Dr P said "This man is too important to lose face"He's looking after his own as usual,But is his empire falling around him?

It has to be starting to shake a bit.

It's the game of politics, smoke and mirrors, Thai style, and it was quite effective during a time when Thaksin wanted to shift attention away from his involvement in the South, the missing lawyer case, and a few other home-grown headaches for the PM...Only lasted a couple of weeks before naturally unravelling, in line with orders from the PM to back off, no doubt :o

As for his face, who cares? Nothing changes, no matter whether he loses face (in whose opinion?) or not...

IMHO Ajarn is right. I believe The Beloved Leader never had any intention of buying LFC. It was done to distract the Thai people from the problems at home that Ajarn mentions, and also to gain a lot of worldwide publicity for Taksin completely free. And it worked, here we are still talking about it months later.

Lung Bing

Didn´t he, after bailing out Thailand, buy up a stake in (is it Fulham, I forget) Liverpools (and therefore Carlsbergs) local rivals with his "good friend" Mr. Chang?

Then Plaster the Chang Brand on lots of tee-shirts? Only months after Mr. Chang banned Carlsberg? oh, and something about chickens for weapons and fighter planes from V. Putin? (but I digress...)

Who would you choose to be your head of state if you had to choose one of the following : Blair, Thaksin, Bush, Berlusconi, Koizumi, Howard?

Any other choices available ?

Ginger Spice, Britney, the fat little opera singing 15 year old (she's be a bit older by now I guess), or ... wait for it... A TG!!!!

Think about it, A TG would be outstanding at bringing money into the country, cannot be argued with about anything, and would be more Clinton-esque in that she would go down in history for Carnal matters, not War (uh-huh, what is it good for...)

Alternatively, she would just go down. :o