"disneyfication" Of Thailand

surg

Sex toursits will go to thailand regarless of the closing times of the bars. If all clubs close at 12am, the men would still come.

Sex toursists may drink but they dont go to thailand for drink, its simple they go to thailand for sex, to pay for sex, some of these men fall in love go back to thailand 3-4 times a year to visit a girl they have been sending money to on a monthly basis. Many of these men dont wont just sex, they wont a relationship and one that they can keep. It is easy for them to keep a relationship going from 6000 miles away seeing each other for less than 6 weeks a year and sending money to the girl i hope of receiveing a few emails and text message to brighten up there otherwise quieter kife back in there home country.

Thailand with have more tourists this year than last, Tourism in thailand is on the increase. Closing times wont change this.

50 + year old men on a sex holiday dont wont to go clubbing until the early hours every night of there holiday, Thailand is not Ibiza and no one ever thought it was. Thailand is not known for its club life its known for sex tourism. This will explain the percentage of western men against western women walking walking street.

Looks like I waited too long to relocate to Thailand. It appears that all the fun is gone and won't be back for quite a while.

Whish me luck in Cambodia.

Good luck in Cambodia. Be sure to stop into your friendly Cambo-Shin telecoms shop and get yourself a mobile phone.

:o

Taking into account the age of both of you, i doubt very much either has experienced what it is 'really' like to live in many of those countries listed..

Up to 2 years, for me, is nothing more than an extended holiday..

:o A weekend in Hong Kong and these lot would tell you "when i was living in Hong Kong......)

Sex toursits will go to thailand regarless of the closing times of the bars. If all clubs close at 12am, the men would still come.

Most come for a proper holiday, and want to be able to drink when they want to drink. This is simply about choice nothing more- Westerners arent the problem, its the thai teens.

eye think thailand has gone downhill. eye donut no about bodia butt eye'm shure it must bea better. two many crackdown hear and bodia is a paradise eye here. also visas our easier too deal with than thailand. eye think every1 should move write away. who can dig it?

Taking into account the age of both of you, i doubt very much either has experienced what it is 'really' like to live in many of those countries listed..

Up to 2 years, for me, is nothing more than an extended holiday..

I agree 100%.. I would consider my times in Africa (about 2 years but in 3 month chunks) as holidays or tours.. Similarly my times in indo (which I loved.. BTW.. Javanese people were great to me) were also visits not living extended periods or really getting under the skin of the place.. Also as a similar reaction to your comment I wonder how many countries (with PR) that were either traveled or simply taken by parents (as many of mine were)...

My reaction was mostly to the 'if you dont like it leave' comment which I feel is an easy out.. Just becuase I disagree with some laws in a country does not mean I need to run away from it. I think that if you have spent >2 years living in an envirnoment you start to get a feel for alternative cultures, this does give a perspective that allows you to make more intelligent comments (on social regulation) than someone that has taken 2 week holidays away from the town they were born and grew up in.

I also agree with Rocky in that I dont think earlier closing will have much effect on the hardcore sex tourists.. It will have an effect on the normal bar going, club going, tourist.. is this the intended result ?? I think the fact that Pattaya seems to still be as late as it feels like (so my contacts tell me) shows that this is about media coverage and populist TRT vote not controlling sex tourism or about corrupting the young ladies of Thailand.

eye think thailand has gone downhill. eye donut no about bodia butt eye'm shure it must bea better. two many crackdown hear and bodia is a paradise eye here. also visas our easier too deal with than thailand. eye think every1 should move write away. who can dig it?

English teacher per chance? :o:D