Have You Become A Recluse/hermit

jaideeguy

Interesting topic. Working away certainly helps but once I'm back I spend every second wife my wife and the dogs.

It also depends where your living in Thailand, my home is in the sticks and I have only came across 1 farang who was visiting so it makes it a little difficult to strike up some sort of friendship. Also, most of the guys I've met in the city whilst shopping (yes, Big C) all have 30+ on me, now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having an older friend but.......

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like men. Sorry, no offense I never have liked men. Old men, young men, doesn't make any difference I just don't like em. The "mate" thing really freaks me out. Guys going out together, wow, just beyond my ability to understand. It is why I didn't move to Australia when I was a young man because it had a lot of other things going for it but the mate thing I could not get used to.

In Thailand I don't have much problem avoiding men. I have found out how to solve the bar girl problem without becoming angry and not smiling. I thought I would share it with you. Only talk to new ladies that have been there for less than two days. This is easier around college break times and if you schedule your time near bars during this period it will go easier. The braces are OK. It messes with their accent a bit but you get used to it.

Ladies and uni students who have only been in the bars for a couple of days are good company.

I don't like men. Sorry, no offense I never have liked men. Old men, young men, doesn't make any difference I just don't like em. The "mate" thing really freaks me out. Guys going out together, wow, just beyond my ability to understand. It is why I didn't move to Australia when I was a young man because it had a lot of other things going for it but the mate thing I could not get used to.

In Thailand I don't have much problem avoiding men. I have found out how to solve the bar girl problem without becoming angry and not smiling. I thought I would share it with you. Only talk to new ladies that have been there for less than two days. This is easier around college break times and if you schedule your time near bars during this period it will go easier. The braces are OK. It messes with their accent a bit but you get used to it.

Ladies and uni students who have only been in the bars for a couple of days are good company.

:jap:

Oh dear.

Words fail me on this onebiggrin.gif

Oh dear.

Yes, a classic example of someone who has gone past the point of no return.

Oh dear.

I wish I could turn back time...

We've all gone past the point of no return, and anyway, the past is not there anyway, whenever we go back. I'd always dreamt of retiring to the bowling green, but I very much doubt that dream will come true

SC

Oh dear.

As opposed to those who could not fit Thailand into their narrow mind sets and should have returned a long time ago. You are 100% correct I see no need nor have any desire to return. I get enough parochialism reading Thai Visa.

Oh dear.

As opposed to those who could not fit Thailand into their narrow mind sets and should have returned a long time ago. You are 100% correct I see no need nor have any desire to return. I get enough parochialism reading Thai Visa.

I miss parochialism, but I can get that from old acquaintances on facebook. Though even then, theres none of them still live in my home town

SC

I think there is a period of a few years living in Thailand when everthing is quite new and exciting and perhaps you live in a tourist zone. You go to bars, meet people, or you socalize with people from work, partners friends whatever and its all quite fun.

Personally I enjoy spending time talking with my friends at work and then with my family at home. Go out once in a blue moon. Has more to do with getting older than being in a different country, though. I think I've settled down here in Bangkok. Now I'm in my thirties time to stop chasing skirt around or drinking all night with the boys.

I'm a happy Hermit.

Well, one of the secrets to life is to really know yourself, know what you want and not be afraid to go after it. You seem to be succeeding with that.

Though I wouldn't call you a recluse, maybe a phobic or an obsessive compulsive?

How do you feel about ladyboys?

Edited by johnbits

I was a recluse before I came here, people cause nothing but trouble and problems are unreasonable and selfish.

travelmann, you really should move to somewhere like Alaska. In Alaska you can go months without seeing another human being, you would be in heaven.

Most of Alaska doesn't even have cell phone coverage.

Just don't break your leg.

Oh dear.

Good morning little Kerry.

I was referring to your mental health.

Then again, perhaps you've been spending too much time in the gin palaces.

I'm not narrow minded. I fit in well. I eat the food and I visit temples. Not so long ago I spent a whole day at Rajawadee Home. It's an orphanage out on Tivannon Road.

I don't dislike men; I've been here for 12 years and consequently see little need to discuss prostitutes.

And -- for reasons that you may find puzzling -- I have no interest in braces.

Well, one of the secrets to life is to really know yourself, know what you want and not be afraid to go after it. You seem to be succeeding with that.

Though I wouldn't call you a recluse, maybe a phobic or an obsessive compulsive?

How do you feel about ladyboys?

I have a couple of lady boy friends. I like their husbands too. The lady boys wear the pants in the family as they are better educated (Ma's) and both own businesses, the husbands work for an auto manufacturing plant (engineers). They are among the few people I know who talk about and have a curiosity about Thai history.

Bar lady boys - only brand spanking new ones. Or very old lady boy mama sans. The ones in between seem to engage in too much high risk behavior and the stories the bar girls tell me involve too much unhygienic behavior.

I would probably like lady boys better if they weren't so darn tall. The best of both worlds can also be the worst of both worlds.

My current GF I think is an obsessive compulsive. She does something I have never seen anyone else do. She folds soiled laundry in the laundry basket before she washes it. I have had a few nutty wives but never seen anyone do that.

Good morning little Kerry.

I was referring to your mental health.

Then again, perhaps you've been spending too much time in the gin palaces.

I'm not narrow minded. I fit in well. I eat the food and I visit temples. Not so long ago I spent a whole day at Rajawadee Home. It's an orphanage out on Tivannon Road.

I don't dislike men; I've been here for 12 years and consequently see little need to discuss prostitutes.

And -- for reasons that you may find puzzling -- I have no interest in braces.

I really don't think the majority of Thai prostitutes have much in common with the widely held Western stereotypes of prostitutes. And I think most single men in Thailand understand that.

Relationships with Thai women pro or amateur are quick and easy to start, thereby combating the reclusive tendency of most men especially from the West.

Some men have a hard time coping with the easy sexuality and lack of fidelity of Thai women. It seems a bridge too far to cross.

I don't draw a distinction between ladies regardless of their profession or expect them to behave differently given the same choices. Men are romantic and fall in love and expect the world to change accordingly. Thai women don't labor under those constraints and that's why I like and understand them.

Try going out on a limb and saying why I am crazy as opposed to calling me crazy. It is less argumentative and more productive.

You have nailed me on one point. I find it more stimulating to go to a bar and talk to floozies as opposed to going to a temple talking to monks. I felt this way even as a child preferring the company of hookers and women of easy virtue as opposed to the priests and nuns of my parents acquaintance. At an early age I became completely anti religious.

I would list my charitable works but that is a personal matter. I would rather give for the sake of giving than brag about it. Seems to me that diminishes the gift and brings into question the motivation of the giver.