1st Class Vehicle Insurance In Pattaya

PattayaDavid

I bought a new 2007 Toyota Vigo Exclusive 4-door, 4x4 etc. last February.  I received Viriyah 1st class insurance through Toyota at the time of purchase.  I received a renewal contract from Viriyah last

month and the insurance charge totaling 24,284.84 baht.

This cost is higher than last year while offering less overall coverage, 670,000 baht versus 700,000 or so last year.  I know I have read many times on the TV website of people paying much less for their 1st class insurance, some as low as 14,000 baht.  Has insurance prices gone up or am I just mistaken concerning the lower quotes observed?  What are you guys paying for 1st class insurance for your new or year or two year old trucks and what agency are you using?  I want quality insurance, but don't want to pay an arm and leg for it.  By the way, I have a perfect driving record here in Thailand for the past 3 years so bad driving, accidents etc can not  be considered as a factor in determining the higher cost.

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

I bought a new 2007 Toyota Vigo Exclusive 4-door, 4x4 etc. last February.  I received Viriyah 1st class insurance through Toyota at the time of purchase.  I received a renewal contract from Viriyah last

This cost is higher than last year while offering less overall coverage, 670,000 baht versus 700,000 or so last year.  I know I have read many times on the TV website of people paying much less for their 1st class insurance, some as low as 14,000 baht.  Has insurance prices gone up or am I just mistaken concerning the lower quotes observed?  What are you guys paying for 1st class insurance for your new or year or two year old trucks and what agency are you using?  I want quality insurance, but don't want to pay an arm and leg for it.  By the way, I have a perfect driving record here in Thailand for the past 3 years so bad driving, accidents etc can not  be considered as a factor in determining the higher cost.

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

Dear Pattayadavid,

Go here for a online quote:

http://www.nzi.co.th/eng/Default.aspx

They are great and cheap!! They will take your no-claim over....

In fact, I just did the online quotation for you:

Your truck would cost:

Vehicle - 2007

Total Annual Premium including Compulsory Insurance - 12,053.55 Baht

Thats with QUICK QUOTE FUNCTION and not yet no-claim deducted....

Have a go at it, you will find them pretty good!

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

Dear Pattayadavid,

Your truck would cost:

Vehicle - 2007

Strange, I tried and got 27,000 baht !!

Obviously your best bet for the most suitable policy/lowest premium is with your own Thai Visa Insurance – send in a quotation request.

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

I've sent in requests for several quotes and not had a single reply !!!! - you obviously don't want the business.

Dave

Sorry about that, we will check back and see what has gone wrong. In the mean time we will PM you and please send in another quotation request.

• 1 month later...

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

Dear Pattayadavid,

Your truck would cost:

Vehicle - 2007

Strange, I tried and got 27,000 baht !!

Viriyah is one of the best companies in Thailand. The reason why you think it's higher is that they have included the yearly tax in the insurance renewal. I would also check how your policy is written. If you have what they call named insurance where you name the drivers you want insured. This is about 4000 Baht cheaper than unnamed insurance which will insura anyone who drives the car.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...
Viriyah is one of the best companies in Thailand. The reason why you think it's higher is that they have included the yearly tax in the insurance renewal. I would also check how your policy is written. If you have what they call named insurance where you name the drivers you want insured. This is about 4000 Baht cheaper than unnamed insurance which will insure anyone who drives the car.

Barry

Now that's interesting. As far as I was aware all first class contracts were pretty rigid/fixed in their cover inasmuch as anybody was covered irrespective of request. Are you sure they discount for named drivers? I'm not questioning your statement but having in the past approached the Viriyah and offered to restrict driving they seemed mystified!

I also put to then that I only cover local mileage, never use the vehicle for business, and it's fully alarmed.

No change to the premium!

I'll be interested in your response