Ayuthaya, Bangkok

vuzu

HI, Will arrive Bangkok next Wednesday and am thinking to make a trip to the ancient city, AYUTHAYA. I've read some feedback over the forum which the tour agency will provide two options for visitor.

Travel to Ayuthaya by coach and return back by boat or vice versa.

Is there anyone of you ever been to Ayuthaya, kindly share your experienced, ideas to me, please.

Should I go to Ayuthaya by boat first or coach, perhaps a boat ride back to bangkok will be more enjoyable, COMMENTS ,please???

I live near the ancient Capital.

My advice, try to book a tour. There is alot to see, and having someone tell you it all will add to the experience.

If you stay overnight, remember it is as expensive as Bangkok. Why I am not sure, there are also alot of Japanese there, which tends to drive up the price a bit. If you want a cheaper place to stay, go the 45km to Suphanburi and stay there, its higher quality accom at a similar or lower price.

Going on the boat is fun and will be a memorable experience.

Take your time and lots of photo's. I think most of the big attractions are well worth looking at. You need to "immerse" yourself a bit into the scene there.

Another piece of advice, try to read some historyof the fall of the ancient capital, before you go, Asia Books will sell you one. Then you can read about daily life and have people talk about the practical use of the buildings etc.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Ps if you stay there, I would suggest you then traverse due east to Kanchanaburi and you can see the River Kwai ( prnounced KW-air kw-ai in Thai means buffalo and is not polite) and then you can go back to Bangers via Nackom Pratom and see the huge temple there. Then down the Road to Bunk Khae to see The mall and have lunch and a Taxi back to town.

Also up there is the Rose Garden and the crocodile farm.

BUT finally, you may be well served going to Samut Prakhan, its basically where Sukhumvit road ends, about 25km up the road. There is a crocodile farm and Muang Boran, its a huge park that has reasonable sized replica's of a whole lot of Temples and buildings of interest very well worth a visit.

Enjoy

I live near the ancient Capital.

My advice, try to book a tour. There is alot to see, and having someone tell you it all will add to the experience.

If you stay overnight, remember it is as expensive as Bangkok. Why I am not sure, there are also alot of Japanese there, which tends to drive up the price a bit. If you want a cheaper place to stay, go the 45km to Suphanburi and stay there, its higher quality accom at a similar or lower price.

Going on the boat is fun and will be a memorable experience.

Take your time and lots of photo's. I think most of the big attractions are well worth looking at. You need to "immerse" yourself a bit into the scene there.

Another piece of advice, try to read some historyof the fall of the ancient capital, before you go, Asia Books will sell you one. Then you can read about daily life and have people talk about the practical use of the buildings etc.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Ps if you stay there, I would suggest you then traverse due east to Kanchanaburi and you can see the River Kwai ( prnounced KW-air kw-ai in Thai means buffalo and is not polite) and then you can go back to Bangers via Nackom Pratom and see the huge temple there. Then down the Road to Bunk Khae to see The mall and have lunch and a Taxi back to town.

BUT finally, you may be well served going to Samut Prakhan, its basically where Sukhumvit road ends, about 25km up the road. There is a crocodile farm and Muang Boran, its a huge park that has reasonable sized replica's of a whole lot of Temples and buildings of interest very well worth a visit.

Enjoy

Is it true "Queen Suriyothai" Is buried there? hard to say buried since Thai's cremaet bodies Thanks.

Is it true "Queen Suriyothai" Is buried there? hard to say buried since Thai's cremaet bodies Thanks

Sorry, no idea, I actually live in Suphanburi, but I often go over for a day trip. I will ask some people though.

I do know where Pol Pot is buried, I had the pleasure of being shown that spot by some locals (the wife's family). Ahhh but that is another story....

Is it true "Queen Suriyothai" Is buried there? hard to say buried since Thai's cremaet bodies Thanks

Sorry, no idea, I actually live in Suphanburi, but I often go over for a day trip. I will ask some people though.

I do know where Pol Pot is buried, I had the pleasure of being shown that spot by some locals (the wife's family). Ahhh but that is another story....

She accidently died in a drowning incident at Bang Pa In Palace. She was cremated in the traditional Royal way. Ayutthya is a most interesting place.

She accidently died in a drowning incident at Bang Pa In Palace. She was cremated in the traditional Royal way. Ayutthya is a most interesting place.

So she didn't die protecting her husband King Chakrapat?? :o

Hi,

I can't remember a name of Ayudhya King's wife who died in a boat accident but surely it wasn't Suriyothai. Suriyothai died in the elephant battle, Thai calls it "Yuthahatthi". While the one that died in a boat accident was because in old days,

no ones're allowed to touch the King's women so in the accident, no one dared to help her.

bye

Hi,

I can't remember a name of Ayudhya King's wife who died in a boat accident but surely it wasn't Suriyothai. Suriyothai died in the elephant battle, Thai calls it "Yuthahatthi". While the one that died in a boat accident was because in old days,

no ones're allowed to touch the King's women so in the accident, no one dared to help her.

bye

No one helped the queen!!!!! :o wow many rules being the king and queen huh?? :D

That was a very scary/sad story.

And I was wrong....

the right rule was no men were allowed to touch but women were.

I think I'm right this time.

For Ayudhaya trip, there are a lot of nice restaurants by the river too.

They have great river fish and pawn dishes.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Enjoy

:D

1. Opps.... Due WEST :) one believes... to Kan :D

Map of Thailand

2. Kwae or Khwae is correct. -_- Thank you. :o

3. Nakhon Pathom has the largest Pagoda (Chedi) in Thailand. A must to see place. :wub:

Just a few photos for you from (click on the name below):-

Phra Narkon Si Ayutthaya

medium.jpg:D

Enjoy Thailand :(

Happy Days :D