First Words To Thai Partner

Neeranam

My first word of any substance was 'Drink'.

This was while she was cutting my hair and after she asked me "What you do for fun?". Her response could quite possibly make her marriage material: "Want to come to my house tonight and drink with me?"

This was two weeks ago, so we'll see how this pans out.

BFD!

Excuse me can you help me please? I've lost my telephone number can I borrow yours.

In a news magazin these sentences made it into the top ten of the worst hit ons of all time, just topped by "I drink ouzo, what you do so?"

The first words I said to my wife were,

kor thot na krap chuai pom dai mai?, pom tham ber torasap haai kor yeam ber kong koon

(Sorry, not allowed to write in Thai in this forum :o )

Excuse me can you help me please? I've lost my telephone number can I borrow yours.

What were the first words you said to your partner? :D

Wow! you didn't say a word to her untill you were married? And you were fluent in Thai already? :D

After noticing each other across the floor of the club and eyes locking on occasion, I noticed T had no ice available for her drink and took some over to her. Then I looked at her and said, 'Khun Suey Mak Mak' (You are very beautiful). Gave her a card with my number on and walked off.

Sad, but true :o

kor thot na krap chuai pom dai mai?, pom tham ber torasap haai kor yeam ber kong koon

Wow! you didn't say a word to her untill you were married? And you were fluent in Thai already? :D

She wasn't my wife then and no I wasn't fluent in Thai but it was pretty decent, having being living here for 6 years.

My golden rule when advising guys thinking of marrying a Thai - wait until you have lived in the country at LEAST 3 years - otherwise you'll regret it.

Gizzalukatyurtuts.

Jock

We met in a friend's wedding. When they introduced him to me, I said "Hi".

In the party, I hugged a younger boy's shoulder who was my colleague when sitting. He thought that was my boyfriend :o

We got married 4 months later after seeing each other about 5 or 6 times.

"What's a nice place like this doing with a girl like you?" :D

Not really. Ashamedly I don't remember the very first time I set eyes on my sweetheart. She smouldered away before me for months and I was slowly and unavoidably drawn towards her. Eventually I was a lost cause. The first words must have been a relatively anonymous "Sawadee krap" (gets 'em every time :o ).