Wp Cancellation, Zero Days To Leave Country ?

Hello all,

I m a 27yr old indian, working in thailand since the past 4 years now. I recently jumped into a new job, and my old co wants to cancel the work permit. I resigned from the older co last month, and at the new place am being trained into new products.

At the new workplace, my approval from BOI is pending early next week. I was assuming that if the older co does cancel the WP, i still get 7 days to leave the country. (BTW, my existing non-imm-B visa expires oct 08 !). But today, the thai lady who did my WP at the older place, calld to say that under the "NEW RULES", 7 days are no more available after WP cancellation, consequent to which, i'll have to leave the country on the next day ?

Is this BS or genuinely true ? I intend to call up immigration to check myself, but i though it would be wise to get advice from my expat frnds here too.

Thanks to all,

cheers,

Gautam

If your employment has ended you appear to be on overstay. Your extension of stay ends when employment ends; not when the WP is returned. It is normally possible to obtain a 7 day extension of stay upon loss of employment but if you do not overstay seems to be charged from day employment ends now.

If your employment has ended you appear to be on overstay. Your extension of stay ends when employment ends; not when the WP is returned. It is normally possible to obtain a 7 day extension of stay upon loss of employment but if you do not overstay seems to be charged from day employment ends now.

Thanks for your input mate !

hmmm it's a little dependant ....

if your current visa is a non-imm multi entry expiring in Oct 08 .. then you have a max of 90 days from your last entry into LOS OR if you were on extended perrmission to stay you need to bolt for a border and recross giving you a new 90 days. Hard to tell w/o knowing the entire story. It is not unheard of to be allowed to stay while you are being processed if you go about everything correctly.