Any Advice On Rattanaburi

rick75

Firstly i would like to say i am new here and what a great site you guys have, I need a little advice....I meet a girl in Bangkok a couple of months ago I am a foreign guy and meet this girl in a hotel i stayed at in Klongsan in bangkok, not a tourist area or hotel, so i feel pretty safe in the fact she is Ok, anyways ask her out to dinner and ended up spending a fair bit of time with her in the last few days before i left Bangkok, I am going back in the next couple of months and i suggested going up country to her home in Rattanaburi, I want to get out and see the real Thailand. So i have a few questions, I ask her if it is ok for us to stay at guest house etc, just because my Thai is not that great and it would make it a lot easier if I am not around her family the whole time, is this a rude question to ask? or should i stay with the family, are there actually any guest houses in rattanaburi and do you guys have any pointers on the do's and don'ts in relation to good manners around the family any help would be much appreciated. cheers Rick

Hi Rick75,

not much in the way of guest houses in Rattanaburi,some short time but not recomended for a long stay.

If you have access to a car I would suggest stay with the family for a few days, it might not be too bad, and then

decide if you wish to move on.There is a nice place in Thatum,17km away, owned by a German called Frank,has nice rooms and a pool.

Surin is only a 45 minute drive.

Just be polite with the family and everything should be fine.

Don't forget to visit Sala Thai restaurant in Rattanaburi while you are there,best in the area

Edited by eddie11

Firstly i would like to say i am new here and what a great site you guys have, I need a little advice....I meet a girl in Bangkok a couple of months ago I am a foreign guy and meet this girl in a hotel i stayed at in Klongsan in bangkok, not a tourist area or hotel, so i feel pretty safe in the fact she is Ok, anyways ask her out to dinner and ended up spending a fair bit of time with her in the last few days before i left Bangkok, I am going back in the next couple of months and i suggested going up country to her home in Rattanaburi, I want to get out and see the real Thailand. So i have a few questions, I ask her if it is ok for us to stay at guest house etc, just because my Thai is not that great and it would make it a lot easier if I am not around her family the whole time, is this a rude question to ask? or should i stay with the family, are there actually any guest houses in rattanaburi and do you guys have any pointers on the do's and don'ts in relation to good manners around the family any help would be much appreciated. cheers Rick

Hi Rick

I know there is a great place to stay near Chumphonburi. That is not so far from Rattanaburi. Coming from Rattannaburi to Surin, just before Tatum turn right to Chumphonburi. Place is called Meuanfun Resort and if you don't have transportation, they have a limo service for guests. You can just call them and they will pick you up anywhere in the area. Place has complete fitted western comfort bungalows, nice swimming pool and tropical gardens.

Almost forgot they have good western food too incase you get tired of the Kao Pat Moo.

Hope you will enjoy your stay in Isarn and that you will come back again to prove it.

Cheers

Arthur

Eddie, thanks for the response mate, I will definately try that resteraunt.

Cheers Rick

hi Rick

Can definitely recommend the Baan Meuanfun resort at Chumphonburi previously mentioned. Owner is fluent in English and rates are competitive.

TBWG :o

Edited by TBWG

I am a foreign guy and meet this girl in a hotel i stayed at in Klongsan in bangkok, not a tourist area or hotel, so i feel pretty safe in the fact she is Ok,

Hi Rick. In the words of many a Thai lady "Better you look longtime" before you decide that she's OK. Bad Girls don't always work bar and Good Girls don't always work outside the bar.

My mate has just been through the mill with a "Hi-So" Girl who comes from a rich family which own a lot of property along the western coast of Thailand. Won't go into details, but she scammed him good and proper.

Remember "Good" girls are generally quite shy and don't jump into bed after a few dates (not that you've mentioned anything to the contrary).

That warning over. The Baan Meuanfun Resort is nice. I advise you to book at least the first night there. Go visit her family and see what it's like. If the accommodation isn't to your liking you have the excuse that the hotel is already booked. If you like it, then stay there night number two. It's very interesting visiting the Moo Bann (spell?) for the first time. Post your experiences when you get back.

Don't forget to Wai anyone older than you, don't point your feet at things and don't mention the Royals. :D

Bring a case of Chang or two as well :o

Thanks for the Info belfastMike, I think you offer a some very sensible advice, which I have taken on board, still in the early stages of this relationship so I will play it by ear. But I am definatly looking forward to going up country. Cheers