Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

To whom it may concern.

If there are still bikers wont belief that tiger is doing well for the moment in other countries than Thailand .see the pics.

If tiger is so bad why did they captured prices in racing ....?

If i insulted someone sorry for that. But im doing this write ups for free without having any connection with tiger. I tested nearly all the bikes at the factory boxer 250 Rs , boxer 200 , The bulldog , Smart CX 135 off road. even the E- boxer

The smart Cx is in my opinion a very strong bike ,because the frame with its extra bar is a lot stiffer, good while on off roads

I simply don't like people blaming something without knowing anything about it, Whatever subject it is.I heard from someone , or someone told me ...etc I never do that i go on inspection myself period.

I apologize to all the guys I insulted

post-69913-1234934476_thumb.jpg post-69913-1234934692_thumb.jpg

post-69913-1234934773_thumb.jpg post-69913-1234934846_thumb.jpg

post-69913-1234934904_thumb.jpg

Charlie

P>S Nice detail BOXER sold already 2 Yellow 200 cc boxer after i order the first one

Yeah Allan,

Amazing Thais don't buy a Thai brand its a bit strange. The police always told me the Tiger is good , but they never buy it for own use . I think the Tiger boxer is too heavy for them. Some police boys told me.

I just received the news that Tiger is in the run to have the production for the Sachs bikes .

If you have time to visit the factory you wont regret it.

Charlie

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed there is a bikers weekend on the 28th of February in Suphanburi.

I just called Khun PARIYA if Tiger is willing to give me a TIGER BOXER for that weekend as a demonstrator. And he instantly agreed.

If there is anyone that have some interest in a test ride let me know it.

Charlie

I never push a bike to anyone can ride what he wants i always said . And if you cant stand a reaction sad for you.

I dont have any problem that you stay with your favorite brand . Coz i dont have any affiliation with TIGER . I never pushed TIGER to anyone. Some people became friends of me via this treads and they still kept their own brand or bought another bike than TIGER . No problem for me where biking together.

HOW many times i posted TIGERS contact detail . go out and see yourself. same as i did. My idea at the beginning was.

" so many people are talking bad about this brand. But I never saw the police pushing a TIGER ."

referring What THAICBR said about Blondie and Dave boo pushing the HONDA CBR was always ok for me coz its indeed a very good bike. Why you cant accept it for the TIGER BOXER or feel suspicious with them ?????????????????

If you dont like it stay out of this tread i never go into honda CBR tread saying boxer this and that .

I wrote all this posts selfless.

Good luck VATO

be a good biker

you never push a bike? whenever someone doesnt agree with you , you call them ignorant and stubborn...then you leave contact details for the salesman.

and where have i ever said anything bad about tiger? where? show me a link to a post or wherever you may find it, you wont because it doesnt exist except in your own little mind. -

peace and daveboo may advocate the CBR, but they are not going out of their way to promote sales as you are doing...or calling people without the same beliefs ignorant, stubborn, etc...i have a CBR but advocate the Raider...but i dont put details for the salesmans contact info here.

you may have never seen a cop pushing a tiger, but i invite you to go to Klong Than police station where you will find quite a few broke down tigers infront of the police office, doing nothing but collecting dust...or would you like me to take a picture and post it here for you.?

anyway like i said , i never said anything bad about the tiger boxer, just getting tired of your push, and rudeness.

Thanh

to me second hand resale value is important, and i dont see how anyone would make a profit from selling a secondhand item , when you have to sell it for less than you bought it for...

ive had cars in thailand that took 6-8 months to sell because of the rarity and incompatibility with the thai market (Bluebird SSS), and when time came, it boiled down to selling at a ridiculously low price just to move it...im not rich and have to stay as liquid as possible...and would prefer to keep my losses as low as possible...but for a person with 23 motorcycles as yourself you are obviously rich and have money to throw around at your slightest whim...if i were donald trump id probably care less about cost too.

Indeed some police stations have none-operational Tiger Boxer 200 motorcycles, but overall most none-operational motorcycles from the Bangkok metropolitan police are Honda Phantom's 200. The problem with some police stations is that they have used the budget allocated for the maintenance of the motorcycles for other 'needed' purchases.

As I understand it correct the Bangkok metropolitan police still has something close to 5,000 to 7,000 Honda Phantom's in active duty. Now I know where I can find a few Expressway police officers who still ride Honda Phantom TA200's.

Edited by Richard-BKK

I had promised to stay out of this thread and leave it for those who actually own the bike (which probably would be a good idea for all non-owners to keep tensions down--but that would probably make this thread sink rather quickly and remove it from the public's eye which would probably not allow someone who had never even heard of the bike to not even consider it), but my ears perked up when someone used my name in vain (yes that was the 11th commandment but Moses was a forgetful dude so he left it off).

I have compared the Boxer to the CBR 150R. It's kinda hard not to. For essentially the same price you've got two excellent choices in the Thai market. I have however never disparaged the Boxer nor attempted viral marketing. In fact I believe that for not even owning one I have evangalised it fairly well.

I also rather dislike these attacks on Kano. He seems to be at least as satisified with Tiger as I am with Honda. Now I don't need to shout from the rooftops Honda's excellence because it's well known. Tigers, on the other hand, is not. I can understand why Mr. Kano wants to have greater exposure--it will just prompt Tiger to continually improve their brand and not EOL products.

I also think that a little bit of understanding is in order; obviously there's quite a few non-native English speakers in this thread and add into that differences in cultures it's easy to see what one person think is normal someone from another culture may consider rude......

Good one Dave, i will let ya now what the Boxer is like next week as i have one for 4 days and over 1,000kms.

Also Vato. i can get you a few pictures of Police Cbr150's in varios states of repair. mainly accident damage. please post that picture of the tigers. i might go down and see if i can buy them up cheap. THANKS

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Thanh

to me second hand resale value is important, and i dont see how anyone would make a profit from selling a secondhand item , when you have to sell it for less than you bought it for...

ive had cars in thailand that took 6-8 months to sell because of the rarity and incompatibility with the thai market (Bluebird SSS), and when time came, it boiled down to selling at a ridiculously low price just to move it...im not rich and have to stay as liquid as possible...and would prefer to keep my losses as low as possible...but for a person with 23 motorcycles as yourself you are obviously rich and have money to throw around at your slightest whim...if i were donald trump id probably care less about cost too.

Hi :o

Dear friend, if i was rich i probably wouldn't ride two '94 RXZ's but, after some experience with the first one, would have imported me a 2008 model from Malaysia as Yamaha still makes them, they are just no longer sold in Thailand.

I also sold my last car at about a third of what i bought it for, it was a Volvo, one for which spare parts are expensive. So? It was an old car, in Europe i would have PAID to get rid of it (at a junk yard, that is!)

The time i had 23 bikes is like how long, 15 years ago? Of those only about 4 were "motorbikes", the rest were "mopeds", 50cc bikes, mostly brand "Zuendapp", my all-time favourite. Back then they were cheap junk, people rather often literally put them in the trash! Resale value back then = near zero, which is why i had so many of them. If i still had them TODAY i'd indeed be rich - the prices for Zuendapp's in Germany have literally gone through the roof in the recent years, parts which i threw into the bin because i had no use for them and nobody wanted them even for free today fetch HUNDREDS OF EUROS on E-Bay! A 530 KS 50 Watercooled, of which i had two, back then cost like 500 Mark, i.e. 250 Euros. Today, in identical condition, they sell for 2,000+ Euros. The older model (517) you could get for free back then, people were happy to get rid of them - today, they sell for thousands, too, because they are even rarer.

Oh, and if i was rich i wouldn't drive a D-Max that's financed over 5 years. If you own your car, you're more rich than me.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Hey VATO can you leave me alone I am really getting bored of you ok. I told several times im not working for TIGER. And how many stories do you want from me , from people having problems with honda. there is a big bike shop at my backyard i can post some picture from rusty HONDA's too

I just try to keep some bikers informed. I didnt have any problems with my TIGER so far. i cant say it different the service from TIGER was and still is excellent. So I'm a happy person with the bike.

I'm also proud that I'm one of the first ones dared to take the step to order from a so called inferior brand

If someone else doesn't like a TIGER that's no point for me everyone its own brand. But i totally disagree with the idea in many peoples head JAPANESE is perfect and THAI is rubbish without having any idea and still dont want to believe that TIGER is on the way back .I only told my own experiences and nothing else but the truth If I had some trouble i would have told you all.

Than i've got blamed offf not being objective . Do you really think I'm a pussycat accepting this. I spent many hours doing those posts selflessly.

THE ONLY TROUBLE I HAD WAS THE TOPCASE HOLDER AND I POSTED IT INSTANTLY. TIGER BUILT A STRONGER ONE AND WILL BE STANDARD ON THE NEW BOXERS. ALL FREE OF CHARGE.

The only disadvantage the boxer has is the large turning radius i posted it also.

I will close this discussion by now .Coz i have better things to do than keep quarreling here.

I never say TIGER is the best. Some people still dislike it and that's normal ok. I dont like the Honda CBR coz of the position. Which is better on the TIGER ,this is personal.HONDA is still a great bike

HI ALLAN,

YEAH GREAT ONE I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR POST ALREADY .I ALWAYS LOVE YOUR POSTS. I'M VERY HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOU HAVE THE BOXER FOR A WEEKEND THAN I WONT BE THE ONLY ONE AND RICHARD-BKK WITH TIGER EXPERIENCE. AND HOPEFULLY IF YOU HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE THEY'LL BELIEVE YOU .

HAVE A NICE BOXER WEEKEND

CHARLIE

a last reaction to vato, I never called anyone to buy a tiger, I received many mails from potential buyers i always posted PARIYA'S details cause I'm not working for TIGER I'm not a middle man.

I received many mails from my posts on Thai - blogs and TOURIST AUTHORITY OF THAILAND. Some people bought one , others not so why i cant post the contact details. I seem to be the only one with some boxer experience and their aren't enough dealers for the TIGER brand. many of you don't know where to go , only asking me. I did it all with pleasure . Some of them can confirm it here.

I'M still happy to have a different bike . Still many come to talk with me. Telling me wow a great yellow bike. Even some Thais begin to think different here in SUPHANBURI.They always see me on the boxer starting it always at the first attempt. If TIGER should have the financial power to make publicity they should take a big chunk for them .

if I insulted you sorry for that , But stop being suspicious about me

CHARLIE

Hey Vato, if you dont like Kano's posts about the Boxer why dont you just not read them. On the forum 'Bikes in Thailand' there are plenty of topics I find boring and I just dont bother reading them. On all topics there are a lot of repetitious posts and boring pontificating ramblings. You just got to sort out the wheat from the chaff and be selective

For Kano I would say thanks for your chronicles on the Tigers. Interesting and entertaining. Its unusual to recommend anything 'made in Thailand. I saw the off road 135 the other day which looks ok as a general purpose on /off road bike and would be interested in more information on them.

Bravo Charlie, :o

If it wasn't for your posts I'd have never even known about the Tiger Boxer 250. It obvious you love your bike and are very happy with the service you've received from Tiger. I've enjoyed reading about your experience with this brand and model and hope you'll continue to contribute.

That's what forums are all about- to share information and talk about subjects of mutual interest. As with ANY forums, there will always be differences of opinion, misunderstandings, and occasionally hurt feelings.

Just because you're a big fan of your Tiger doesn't mean you are on the Tiger payroll or have any hidden agenda. I joke with the sales staff at Kawasaki that they should give me a marketing allowance based on all of the pictures and posts and contact info I've posted on various forums to share my experiences with the Kawasaki Ninja 250R and ER-6n :D I'm even on the front page of http://www.er6thailand.com :D What a surprise that was! No royalties or modeling contacts yet though :D

I'm looking forward to taking Allan's Boxer for a spin at the Khon Kaen Bike Week and I'll certainly be happy to share my impressions.

Happy Trails!

Tony

YEAH TONY, i'm in the same position as you i posted many things for TIGER all for free.

I LOVE TO SEE YOUR POST ABOUT YOU TIGER EXPERIENCE. PITY I CANT COME TO KHON KAEN ALLAN INVITED ME ALSO BUT I'M ON A VISA TRIP TOO

MEA SOT AND THE LARGEST WATERFALL IN THAILAND THI LO SUU. WITH MY TIGER OF COURSE . BY THE END OF NEXT WEEKEND I'LL REACH THE 10000KM MARK WITHIN ONLY 2 MONTHS

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU AND ALLAN ON THE BIKE WEEKEND IN SUPHANBURI ,

C U L8R

cHARLIE

Hi tomartoh,

i would like to have also some more information on the smart CX 135 cc . On the 28 th February im at the Tiger factory . I'll ask if i can use a tiger smart for 2 weeks or so. In March there is a 8 days off road week up in the north .I would like to try the smart CX 135 cc there

I'll keep you update

Charlie

I find it a little amusing that Tiger sell more bikes outside Thailand than they do in. and all down to the blind 'Thai made no good' philosophy that Thai people have. i haven't seen one close to as yet. but soon i might make a trip to the factory.

Allan

Tja.........

We have a word for that in Germnay: The messenger is nothing in his own country. I was really the only one I know, who was ridden a MZ-Baghira, what was in fact a fantastic bike. MZ is bankrupt allready, coz nobody bought one. They had a very good 1000cc, which was the best in every test. No sellings at all. The 660 baghira won one of hardest Off-Road battles in the world, the Austrian Devils-hillclimb, but in every starterlist mine was the only MZ. I hope, that TIGER has a more luck and will survive. But for the kids it is not cool to ride one. There is the problem. I know a policemen here in CNX, riding a boxer. As I told him, that I´d like to buy a 250, he called me mad. So stupid only a farang can be. He never would ride a boxer after work.

Let´s make it cool to ride a TIGER!

Edited by HangDongRider

Ok my first thoughts are they need to change the seat for Farangs. the cut out on the seat pushes my nuts in to the tank. the bike seems to have more midrange than the Cbr150 (but then it should do). The brakes are good and progressive and the suspension seems good (especially the front fork)

Fit and finish is good to ok but not any thing special (again the newer ones are a bit better)

Spares are not a problem as they keep everything in the factory.

of interest to some i thought that the CX135 AUTOCROSS bike was pretty good for 37,500 if i was up country and riding some rural dirt tracks etc it would be something to look at.

Also the Sachs x-trail 250 will be ready for the Bangkok Motor Show.

this is the 125

post-62652-1235033719_thumb.png

That trail bike sure looks interesting.

I saw a Madass on Sathorn the otherday, the rider was really in and out of the traffic. But the seat looked way too high. Don't know if he'd jacked it up or not, but wouldn't like to go into a corner at speed on the thing.

The problem with the MZ was (at least within Germany) that they always had this "EASTERN Germany" image..... MZ was always thrown into the same basket as Simson, Trabant and Wartburg. There are a few facts about all of those which nobody cares for:

1) MZ are literally unbreakable, the old ones at least (no idea about the newer ones)

2) Simson - same in mopeds, unbreakable, and fast... the only mopeds in Germany that can LEGALLY go 60 :D

3) Wartburg - very comfy car, robust two-stroke engine, last for ever

4) Trabant - small car, ideal for the city - takes any abuse and CAN NOT RUST (because it's body is plastic)

I ever wanted an MZ when i was still in Germany but never got hold of one - my favourite is the ETZ 250, i imagine a 250cc TWO-STROKE single... must be a steam hammer. The export version even better at 300cc.........

Sadly, everything "eastern" has this poor image even though most people never actually got experience. My dad was driving Lada (Russian car) for many years and they are just about the sturdiest cars i know of, i was in the car when (in winter and in the forest) it slid off the way due to ice and turned over once, landing on it's wheels - there wasn't even a DENT in it. It was the Lada Niva 4x4.

The only reason my dad no longer drives Lada is because they don't comply with the ever stricter environmental regulations and cost too much tax because of that. He drives a Subaru nowadays - he's a hunter and needs a 4x4, however he always says "the Lada is so much better".

Best regards.....

Thanh

Hi Thanh,

You forget something, MZ was in 1961 light-years ahead of any competition, the closest 2-stroke 125cc race bike made 9hp while the MZ made 25hp and this where braking horsepower's.

I really had something with MZ motorrad, even a few years back I had the pleasure to take a 125cc 4-stroke for a spin. Which was actual the most powerful, 4-stroke 125cc bike I ever seen... The MZ RT 125 was/is the worlds fastest, most powerful motorcycle in its class. What made it basically the most wanted bike every... Every teenager wanted one, but European horsepower restrictions would place this 125cc in a class similar to a 600cc average Japanese bike.

Yamaha in Japan even copied the MZ RT 125 a few years back, down tuned it, and called it a Yamaha YA-1. This was a bad move for Yamaha, MZ won in court not only that the YA-1 was a copy of the RT 125 but also that Yamaha had a history of unlawful use of MZ technology. And the court in Japan forced Yamaha to sign a cross technology license with MZ motorrad.

And if you wonder what a German engine wizard can do with a very capable engine, they outperformed Yamaha with there own technology by 150%. The downside of this was the cross-license-agreement Yamaha had nothing to do to upgrade the 660cc touring motorcycle to give everybody in its class KTM, Honda and BMW the smile "catch me if you can"

The problem with the MZ was (at least within Germany) that they always had this "EASTERN Germany" image..... MZ was always thrown into the same basket as Simson, Trabant and Wartburg. There are a few facts about all of those which nobody cares for:

1) MZ are literally unbreakable, the old ones at least (no idea about the newer ones)

2) Simson - same in mopeds, unbreakable, and fast... the only mopeds in Germany that can LEGALLY go 60 :D

3) Wartburg - very comfy car, robust two-stroke engine, last for ever

4) Trabant - small car, ideal for the city - takes any abuse and CAN NOT RUST (because it's body is plastic)

I ever wanted an MZ when i was still in Germany but never got hold of one - my favourite is the ETZ 250, i imagine a 250cc TWO-STROKE single... must be a steam hammer. The export version even better at 300cc.........

Sadly, everything "eastern" has this poor image even though most people never actually got experience. My dad was driving Lada (Russian car) for many years and they are just about the sturdiest cars i know of, i was in the car when (in winter and in the forest) it slid off the way due to ice and turned over once, landing on it's wheels - there wasn't even a DENT in it. It was the Lada Niva 4x4.

The only reason my dad no longer drives Lada is because they don't comply with the ever stricter environmental regulations and cost too much tax because of that. He drives a Subaru nowadays - he's a hunter and needs a 4x4, however he always says "the Lada is so much better".

Best regards.....

Thanh

Very very true....

back in 80's MZ had an iconic image in East European countries. Too bad, as Thanh said, it's performance and reliability was often mistakenly associated with Trabant, Wartburg or other monstruos automotive inventions from GDR. Nothing could be further from the truth: their bikes were extremely reliable and tough. Back then it was known as East European babe magnet :D .

I like people sharing tit bits. Another thread is pinpointing dealership locations which in time will be a brilliant resource for everyone to use.

That's the great thing about forums, we find out stuff we don't know. Sometimes we get flamed by people who have no real excuse for flaming, but that's life on the web. We get over it!

And sometimes the stories are interesting. Even if they are about obscure brands or someones fun times riding tincy little buzz boxes. Someone had fun and they shared that experience...that's all that matters. He11, if no-one posted we would all be watching T.V. Now that would be really sad!

Edited by BSJ

I belief that the main source of problem was that the bikes where to powerful for the massive 125cc market and to less interesting, in side and ridability, for the over 30bhp marke European market. Leaving it completely without a target market....

Ok my first thoughts are they need to change the seat for Farangs. the cut out on the seat pushes my nuts in to the tank. the bike seems to have more midrange than the Cbr150 (but then it should do). The brakes are good and progressive and the suspension seems good (especially the front fork)

Fit and finish is good to ok but not any thing special (again the newer ones are a bit better)

Spares are not a problem as they keep everything in the factory.

of interest to some i thought that the CX135 AUTOCROSS bike was pretty good for 37,500 if i was up country and riding some rural dirt tracks etc it would be something to look at.

Also the Sachs x-trail 250 will be ready for the Bangkok Motor Show.

this is the 125

post-62652-1235033719_thumb.png

are you comparing the your cbr which had a 38 tooth sprocket and a larger downpipe, or a stock 42-44 tooth sprocket and a stock downpipe and silencer.

with a 38 tooth sprocket youd be losing about 25% bottom end in the transition to mid end -combine that with a larger inner diameter downpipe and silencer, and the bottom end loses even more.

kano no hard feelings just had to put you on the spot for a while, since no one has done it yet...add to that, i once saw a picture of a white man on the sales/marketing department for tiger...but now it cant be found....maybe it was a picture of Norman Tandoc....like i said i never said anything bad about the performace of the tiger and still really want to try one out...

but the problem of resale is the only thing holding me back, maybe since you are in close contact with tiger you can suggest sometype of buy back program for those wanting to upgrade to their newer models...im sure that with the assurance of being able to trade in for a newer model, sales will only increase.

Hi Thaicbr

We must have been poorer than you as we had 2 skoda octavias and before that the biggest pile of shit to come out of a car manufacturer............... a MOSKOVICH van

That was a long time ago and the mosky cost about 395pound when the ford anglia was 625. lots of things went wrong with it and finally after 20,000 miles the prop shaft packed up and we sold it to the builder next door

It came with a nice set of tools and looked reasonable, although crudely put together, and i think it had a copy of a bmw engine.

So i do remember these crap vehicles when i look at pretenders like the Tiger and think maybe the Thais know something when they buy loadsa Hondas and not there own makes.

All that glistens it not gold!!!!!

Whatever VATO , no hard feelings either If you go to tiger boxer motorcycle club website there are very positive experiences from other people.They arent my friends.

It wasnt me on that picture i never worked with Tiger i'm just customer like others. But i have a good connection with Pariya because he understands farang thinking and that's very rare in Thailand. He had been studying in England for several years .

If you are interested in the resale contact him directly i dont know anything about that.

I'm not interested in resale. Coz i 'll use my boxer till it falls apart.

I reckon as follows a near Japanese 250cc bike costs double. lets say 140k - 150 k a boxer lets say 75k. who can lose more .

If my boxer last for 5 years i still can buy a new one with the money remained in my bank account.(not even counting the intrest yet )

A similar Japanees brand must last 10 years without problems if you not get bored before.if Tiger keeps developing positively like now.

The resale will increase too.

But I understand your way of thinking. Ask it to tiger directly . PARIYA speaks English very well

good luck m8

Charlie

hi, i am interest in tiger boxer, could anyone who own this bike share about the overall performance?

can 200 and 250 reach over 150km/h?

(ok, i am not the revving person, just don't want to get a 250cc but can't take over a yamaha 150cc scooter.

Ask Kano for the specs, but I believe it will go above the buck-fifty mark-indicated.  The CBR 150R does it when the road's long enough, and the Ninja 250 does it.  Notice I said indicated.  Motorcycle speedometers are pretty 'optimistic' in that they usually report 8-10% over actual speed.  I believe it has something to do with keeping their owners under the speed limit.....

But the question arises, do you want to go for extended periods of time on a naked bike at that speed?  Unless you want to act as a spinnaker, I'd think that would be excessively fast; even on the previously mentioned bikes you can do it, but you have to tuck behind their meager fairings for protection and it's not fun for a long period of time.