Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi :o

On the third picture, that blue boxer at the beginning of the row - does that have a twin suspension or does that just look so??

IF it's really a twin suspension.... just what kind of customization is Tiger able to deliver ex-factory? Can i please have a two-stroke engine..?? If so i'd even start saving money for one :D

Nice bike, really.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Hi Thanh-BKK,

The bikes you see with dual rear shocks, are the Tiger Bulldog 150. The Tiger Bulldog, is like style close related to the boxer buy is not for sale in Thailand. It is a custom build Philippine model. They are very popular with professional riders in the Philippines, you can see some loaded with amazing loads, or even equipped with sidecars. I seen even Bulldogs, with sidecar, running on LPG....

4_tiger_bulldog_150_with_sidecar.jpg

Edited by Richard-BKK

The dual rear suspension can be ordered.If you plan to transport heavy things on you tiger you can order.

what i didnt tell you all yet.The top case holder Tiger put on my boxer wasn't strong enough to carry a 20 kg top case. So tuesday Tiger took all measurements to design a new stronger top case holder .

on The 24 th a new prototype holder will be ready to put on my bike. Nice company to work with.

c u all

Thanks for the information :D Riding a dual-shock ("V4") equipped bike myself (but home-made) i know it's distinct advantages in carrying heavy stuff and i am glad to see Tiger has it as an option.

This company should start a niche business - made-to-order bikes, i am sure it will catch on. Specially here in Thailand where (particular up north) side cars of larger dimension are rather common but with questionable legality (often home-made) and stability.

I like that e-cockpit! Is that available also for the "normal" petrol-engined bikes or only for the electric one? I guess it contains specific items such as voltage/amp meter etc, but no rpm meter.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

The digital cockpit is available on both E- and engine powered boxer .Its the same digital cockpit as on the MADASS . what functions it has i dont know

ask or mail khun pariay he will tell you

i posted his e-mail already

charlie

hi thx for the many positive reactions .I've got in my mailbox. Many of you asked me to stay and keep up with the good things from the tiger boxer.

and don't bother the silly guys, looking down upon the TIGER BOXER and feel bored to stay with their brand topics . I didn't know that many of you liked my posts that much ,I thought they were terrible .

Thx to all of you and your support is highly appreciated . :o:D :D

I'm really surprised about my Tiger . I even appreciate my purchase more than when i bought it. Real strong torque and a perfect comfortable cruising speed at 120 km/h. consuming only 3.1l/100 km . My Boxer becomes very smooth now ,after the running in period. She's far from lazy and a very very nice sporty cruiser.

Some stupid Thai boys tried to beat me with their jap mopeds i played , with them like a yoyo .They think its only a stupid tiger the best one was a Thai man with his BOSS !175 cc tried to beat me with his belly on the fuel tank and his chin on his handle bar when i played yoyo with him he still didn't realize it . how can you compare a BOSS with a boxer (an easy rider vs a sporty cruiser)

THAI MEN ARE REAL BIKERS hahahahahaha

For you perusal. Tiger has got a dealer in Chiang Mai.There were two red units ready to be transported to Chiang Mai .

once again the contact details.

Khun Pariya

Gsm 0892018147

Thanks for this info, kano85. I'm also a fan of your Boxer chronicles. I have to delete the email address per forum rules, but the phone number is ok. Use PM to obtain the mail from kano85.

Hi Kano85, every forum has the white ants that eat away at whatever is contrary to their beliefs. You have to live with it!

Here at TV it's quite tame. One of the tech forums I am on here in Oz, WW3 starts every other day! Sometime interesting, most times pointless! As long as the insults are within reason I really don't care what they say about me.

Anyway back to the Tiger. Are you using upper cylinder lubricant (UCL) with that gasahol95? I'd be worried that the reduction in petroleum in the fuel would lead to increased stress on the valves and valve seats.... including other makes running on that mix too.

Or would it be more effective to add an electronic UCL injector in the inlet port a la LNG or LPG engine UCL device.

PS: Flashlube make a dripper kit that is fairly compact.

post-63954-1231677068_thumb.jpg

Edited by BSJ

On the picture this shows with a bottle of "lead substitute"... i don't think that any engine newer than, say, 20 years or so would still require lead respectively this substitute :D Or do you still find "leaded" gasoline anywhere at all..?

Gasohol can be used with any four-stroke-engine that can run on unleaded fuel. However what may react to the ethanol in the fuel is other parts of the fuel system (fuel pump, various gaskets/seals, fuel lines). Also if an older system is suddenly exposed to gasohol, the cleaning effect of the ethanol may flush all sorts of slush from the tank and the lines into the fuel filter which will clog up.

The Boxer, me thinks, has no fuel pump and filter, and anyway it's brand new so there should not be any slush that could be flushed by the Gasohol respectively the ethanol in it. The fuel lines are short and easily replaced IF there is a problem at all (me don't think so) and same goes for the lone seal in the carb's float chamber.

I been riding an ordinary Honda "Wave" in Chiang Mai on Gasohol 95 (as no "normal" 95 petrol was available and the folks insist on 95 even though the Wave won't need that!) and this Wave is now some 5 years old. Effects of running on gasohol: Needs TWO kicks in the morning to start up for the first time of the day (instead of one kick) and goes FASTER than with regular gasoline (90 km/h instead of 85), i.e. the engine revs higher. Also it pulls better off the line, so torque has increased as well. The fuel consumption has not changed - still 3 Liters for a whole week of running around in the village and even one trip to Central Airport, the longest distance this Wave has so far covered in it's life (close to 50 Kilometers at full throttle, and back as well).

Now if someone would please invent something so i can run MY bike on the stuff??? It's a two-stroke, and those REALLY don't like gasohol for the ethanol dissolves the 2T-oil which a two-stroke needs to survive.

Kind regards....

Thanh

Hi Thanh, Yes it does say "Lead Substitute" that's what it is. Even with hardened valve seats there maybe some benefit. I am just a little concerned about the effects of ethanol in the fuel. I know it can eat into the rubber tubes and certain alloy bits. I am aware of the beneficial effects it can have on performance... more specifically when used in sprint cars which I have been involved with for a number of years. Ultimately, if your "Wave" is anything to go by maybe I am worrying about nothing!

In Post #88 of 2008-08-17 (link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...&p=2151123) I wrote about my experiences with my own Boxer SE 200. In the meanwhile a lot has changed for the better. The dealer in Buri Ram managed to solve the electric problems, regarding not being able to start the bike electrically. They replaced the battery with a brand new one, and the problems were gone for good! Now it even starts after not having driven for weeks and the battery always seems to be full.

The headlight was also changed by the dealer for free, even though I was told at first that the warranty wouldn't cover it. Still the rubbers to which the headlight fairing is attached remain a weak point. After changing them, they broke off again, but that was also solved by the dealer. I haven't had any other major problems anymore, except for some oil leaking from the cilinder. That was due to a bolt which was had come a little loose. When I unscrewed it, I couldn't get it back in anymore because of some spring on the inside of the cilinder. How silly of me. The dealer was so friendly (of course I have to pay for it) to come and pick the motorbike up.

So even though I've cursed my bike, Tiger and the dealer plenty of times, I'm quite a satisfied customer now. Also my dealer can order parts straight from his wholesaler in very short time. A few weeks ago there was a charity fair in the city of Buri Ram, Ngan Ga Chat and me and my sister just happened to be there and to my amazement the Tiger dealer was present as well, but not with recent Tiger models unfortunately. They did, however, have some Suzuki big bikes for show and while talking about my bike and Suzuki, of which they're a dealer as well, they told me that Suzuki will introduce big bikes in Thailand soon. As far as I understood and remember it well, he told me it there'll probably be a 250 all-road, manufactured in Thailand.

Someone interested in knowing a reliable and competent Tiger-dealer in lower Isan, just PM me. By now I think they know about the ins- and outs of Tiger Boxers, although they told me not many civilian Boxers were sold, just a few.

What I'm interested in, is whether parts of the new 250 and the former 200 are interchangeable?

Does the headlight fairing of the 250 fit on the 200? What about the engine, possible to fit the 230cc on the 200? What about the (awesome) exhaust pipe? Isn't it made by Tsukigi Racing? Which motorbike shop in Thailand sells the muffler? What about other performance parts, are there any?

How can I have a topcase installed?

Edited by hyls

Hi, today I went to the TIGER-shop in Chiang-Mai with the plan to order a new boxer.

I wanted to give back my TIGER Smart CX 125, which I bought 21 month ago in the same shop as a testride modell with 2000 km and no register.

The CX is in a good condition, today we climbed up to 6000 km, new insurance and register until december 2009. All maintenance were made in the TIGER Shop and the bikes was only used 3 month per year.

I was able to accept every offer between 55000 and 60000 Baht for the BOXER 250, but then ..........

8000 Baht for the CX and the broschure price (72000 Baht) were old, so the new is 79000 TB. So, allinall makes 71000 TB plus my CX for a boxer.

No, thank you fellows

Hangdong you gotta check if they are selling you 1st or 2nd insurance in that price cos if ya getting on finance the finance company's sometimes insist on that. the kawa ninja goes up 13,000 with the compulsary 1st insurance.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Hi, today I went to the TIGER-shop in Chiang-Mai with the plan to order a new boxer.

I wanted to give back my TIGER Smart CX 125, which I bought 21 month ago in the same shop as a testride modell with 2000 km and no register.

The CX is in a good condition, today we climbed up to 6000 km, new insurance and register until december 2009. All maintenance were made in the TIGER Shop and the bikes was only used 3 month per year.

I was able to accept every offer between 55000 and 60000 Baht for the BOXER 250, but then ..........

8000 Baht for the CX and the broschure price (72000 Baht) were old, so the new is 79000 TB. So, allinall makes 71000 TB plus my CX for a boxer.

No, thank you fellows

HangDongRider, do they have a new Boxer, a 200 or 250, in the showroom? 79K surely is 7,000 baht higher than their cheesy little brochure states. Are they sure they are still a dealer?

Hi kano85, I am having trouble replying to you. Even though the TV software knows you sent me a message, when I try to reply to the same message if says in a pinkish red message your "persona non grata"! Well maybe not quite that! I can't send a new message back either. Something is screwy in the TV software. Will try Tiger forum ASAP. Cheers

hi ,BSJ i sent my details already,

Today i walked my Golden tiger girl again.About 450 k and she wasn't tired at all. She stretched her legs once on a lonely road. She touched for a while the 170 km/h on the speedometer on a flat Rd. i don't know how accurate tiger's speedo is, but my experience says about 150 - 155 km/h which is not to bad for a sporty-cruiser.Still everything under control and stable. A little while later on a minor descent she touched even 180 km/h which is about 160 i think . Too fast on Thai roads.

crazy speeds not recommendable

charlie

drive responsibly

Hello,

yesterday I was in the Pattaya motorcycle shop in Sukhumvit road (call 038488034 ) to look for the Tiger Boxer. I'am tall about 1,82m and weight 90kg, but I have long legs...I sit on the Tiger with my jewels on the tank like a monkey. It's very uncomfortable for man like me and unsure too, because the most weight on frontwheel will lost control of your back very fast.

Then I sit on Honda Phantom and must say it feels good. She not fast as the Tiger and a bit more expensive, but sitting relaxed for longer trips and not like the Tiger feel sit on a rocket.

For me it is a easy choice, but I will look first for used Trialmachine because my knees will hurt me some time.

Excuse my english is bad, I'am from Germany not talking english every day, thank you.

hi,

first dont apoligise for your English.It's an international site,With only natives should be very boring i think. Strange to hear about your experience.I'm 1.86 m tal and feel very comfortable on the tiger and not on the Phantom my knees are sticking out of the fuel tank like im in a little basket.

I do respect your choice for the phantom its a good bike,but i think on the long run you will regret your choice especially if you want to cover long distances.

good luck my dear freind .

charlie