Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

"If Tiger has the financial power to put up a dealernet..." That is a big IF

28 km per liter. On gasohol, I hope?

I have short arms for a farang. Have only had back pain once in about 60K km on my CBR.

Happy trails. Boxer riders.

That's actually fairly good for a single 250. IIRC, you only got ~32 km per, so he's at some 12.5% of your milage with an engine that's some 67% bigger.

Also, the years are rolling by; perhaps a Boxer is in your future.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Dave, that's ok on gasohol 91 reckon with a 48 kg pillion driver and a 20 kg top case.and some mountain work as well the boxer did it all with glance.

on regular it went back to 3l/100 km. not to bad i think

I didnt try on E20 yet

charlie

hi Blondie,

Why are you always falling back to your CBR ???????this is a tiger boxer topic.Do you really think that HONDA is the best and that there is only HONDA.

Im riding already 24 years on bikes maybe you longer.i can give you numerous people had problems with HONDA too but i never post something bad about another brand. its any ones choice.

But im not a follower like many and yourself, for me HONDA never made nice bikes only the flat six was a nice bike but never made a wow bike. but there reliability is very good.

So as a moderator dont always refer back to you CBR it makes you look like a stupid moderator.and that you only know about your CBR.I'm a BMW fan but i never talk about it here, furthermore the ADVENTURE 1200 GS is lonely at the top many japs try to copy it, but they cant hahahaha

I only try to give objective information to other people that are in the market to buy a new bike.Or are you afraid that they will buy a TIGER boxer and not from your first love HONDA ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The looks from the TIGER BOXER 250 Rs is a lot nicer then the hondas this is a hard fact i ll see it when i park or even ride the thai boys are greeting me with their thumbs up.

If it wasnt for the other readers i left this site long time already .

happy new year blondie and to you all.

MY FULL CHIANGMAI REPORT WILL BE ON THE TIGER MC CLUB not here.

hi Dave, that's ok on gasohol 91 reckon with a 48 kg pillion driver and a 20 kg top case.and some mountain work as well the boxer did it all with glance.

on regular it went back to 3l/100 km. not to bad i think

I didnt try on E20 yet

charlie

I don't think that your results will improve with E20. In fact, they're more likely to get worst. If I recall correctly, the gasohol 9* is an E5 blend (i.e. 5% ethanol 95% benzine). The E20 is then going to be 20% ethanol, so you have even more power loss due to less energy in the E20.

But yeah, I'm actually surprised you made those numbers; I wouldn't expect a larger single to get that good. Granted the Honda CMX 250 (Rebel) gets something like 3.5 L/100 KM, but that's a twin that gets flogged nowhere as hard as you've been riding your bike. If you rode your bike as sedately as the Rebel is ridden, I'd imagine you'd quickly surpass that figure.

it makes you look like a stupid moderator

That's a bit over the top. I do understand where you're coming from since there is a forum member whose the bane of my existence, but personal attacks are generally frowned upon.

I myself love all bikes (well except for big ugly cruisers from any manufacturers). I also don't think it's a bad idea to establish a baseline. And creating a baseline with a well established model just makes sense. Instead of getting frustrated that peaceblondie is interjecting comments about the CBR 150R in, use the opportunity to compare your new bike to it and emphasis the points in which the Tiger is superior (like I not so subtly did with my comment about age). Evangalise and increase the number of foreign owners of your bike which will only help convince Tiger to improve on it. It could also increase the aftermarket for the Boxer.

Basically, instead of seeing adversity see oppotunity!

I have short arms for a farang. Have only had back pain once in about 60K km on my CBR.

That's actually fairly good for a single 250. IIRC, you only got ~32 km per, so he's at some 12.5% of your milage with an engine that's some 67% bigger.

Lately I have been getting 37.4 km per liter. I got back pain once at age 62, and not since. Maybe there is a Boxer in my future at age 77. :o His engine is only 59% bigger.

I still think the dealer network is a big problem. Do I understand a new buyer has to go to the factory to order a new Boxer?

Lately I have been getting 37.4 km per liter. I got back pain once at age 62, and not since. Maybe there is a Boxer in my future at age 77. :o His engine is only 59% bigger.

I still think the dealer network is a big problem. Do I understand a new buyer has to go to the factory to order a new Boxer?

I haven't seen them for sale at the two dealerships I've seen (Samut Prakarn and Lat Yao).

hi Dave i didnt make any comments on your posts I always love to read your posts. it was on blondies.

Today i pushed my boxer to it limits again in UTHAI THANI i crossed a river with my boxer about 40 - 50 cm deep and indeed no prblem again the boxer did it flawless.

My full post will be seen on the tiger boxer club. I ll leave this site for what it is .

And blondie u can delete my membership. In april i plan a trip to Cambodia and Vietnam with my boxer drop me a line if you are interested ?????????

Todays consumption 3.46 l/100 kms gasohol 95

Charlie

good luck and a happy new year 2009

I haven't seen them for sale at the two dealerships I've seen (Samut Prakarn and Lat Yao).

There are brand new 250 boxers here at the Pattaya Sukhumvit Rd dealership, 1 in red/silver & 1 in blue/ silver.

Tony B.

hi Dave i didnt make any comments on your posts I always love to read your posts. it was on blondies.

Today i pushed my boxer to it limits again in UTHAI THANI i crossed a river with my boxer about 40 - 50 cm deep and indeed no prblem again the boxer did it flawless.

My full post will be seen on the tiger boxer club. I ll leave this site for what it is .

And blondie u can delete my membership. In april i plan a trip to Cambodia and Vietnam with my boxer drop me a line if you are interested ?????????

Todays consumption 3.46 l/100 kms gasohol 95

Charlie

good luck and a happy new year 2009

Wow, at least someone likes my postings! All is not lost.

You say you were in Uthai Thani; that's my neck of the woods. Did you hit up Ban Rai? Some really nice roads.

I've never dared take my bikes through a stream; but (sorry to go back to it!) I've tried the CBR on a goat path. Didn't fare too well. Low ground clearance, overheating, etc. Only thing it had going for it was the light weight.

But back to the thread topic. Your reports only re-enforce the perception that Tiger was going after the market inhabited by the Honda Transalp, BMW GS series, etc. and comparisons to the pocket sports bikes available in Thailand is not fair at best and disingenious at worst.

As far as your consumption is concerned; you're going the wrong way on your numbers! Actually probably has more to due with your style of riding though...ripping through the wild underbrush in a lower gear is going to use more petrol than attacking curves in top gear.

I'm sorry that you feel you have to leave this forum and have your membership deleted. What is to happen if another foreigner is to desire a bike that's not a CBR 150R or a Kawasaki Ninja 250 or an underbone? If he were to listen to his Thai family, he would NEVER consider a Boxer. I'm sure you've read on this forum all the posts from Westerners reporting that their Thai families hate the brand for some reason or another, mine included even though they've never owned one of Tiger's bikes! So please stay and evangalise your bike since it will only enrichen the forum.

We all make poor decisions, and I don't think you should deprive this community of your positive experiences over some differences with another forum member. Peaceblondie isn't a bad person, in fact I over reacted in another thread and rather than doing what he probably should have done (banned me for a couple of days), he simply deleted the offending posts by me and the other member and issued a warning.

I understand that the official Tiger Boxer Motorcycle club, moved from Boxer MC Thailand to Tiger Boxer MC International as they have a more international profile.

Wow- what blatant self-promotion of your sites... Why do you pretend otherwise? Identical formats to your http://www.motorcycle.in.th/ site...

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought posting active links to promote your commercial sites is prohibited on TV...

I understand that the official Tiger Boxer Motorcycle club, moved from Boxer MC Thailand to Tiger Boxer MC International as they have a more international profile.

Wow- what blatant self-promotion of your sites... Why do you pretend otherwise? Identical formats to your http://www.motorcycle.in.th/ site...

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought posting active links to promote your commercial sites is prohibited on TV...

I don't like giving out personal information over the net; but if you compare the whois information from www.motorcycle.in.th versus the whois information from www.boxer.in.th you find some interesting facts. Firstly, original web description of www.boxer.in.th said this: Underwear, boxer, briefs and lingerie manufacturer. So apparently the domain owner/squatter (คุณอดิศร

จิตมงคลเลิศ) sold the name to whomever is currently running the site. Also the original web description of www.motorcycle.in.th said this: Motorcycle spare parts export and wholesale. Is the company that had (has) the domain involved in the motorcycle business. Most likely, but that in and of itself is not damning. Unless of course they were involved with a particular manufacturer or two and spread disinformation or personal grudges as fact. Perhaps we should contact the administrator of www.motorcycle.in.th (นันทนา แนวไรสง) and get the information straight from the horse's mouth?

I'd imagine that linking to another forum is verbotten.

yes i was in Ban Rai. I have very nice pictures but not for this site anymore and the consumption was indeed 3.46/100 km I went to Dan chang U-thong and back to Suphanburi.and a lot of dirt road to sai bor waterfall and ku huai heng national park or whatever you call it

bye and good luck to you all.

Why do i have to convince the whole of Thailand that Boxer is not bad selflessly too??????????? If i was paid from TIGER there should be a lot more boxers on the thai roads

yes i was in Ban Rai. I have very nice pictures but not for this site anymore and the consumption was indeed 3.46/100 km I went to Dan chang U-thong and back to Suphanburi.and a lot of dirt road to sai bor waterfall and ku huai heng national park or whatever you call it

bye and good luck to you all.

Why do i have to convince the whole of Thailand that Boxer is not bad selflessly too??????????? If i was paid from TIGER there should be a lot more boxers on the thai roads

Well, I'll be sure to monitor the other website(s) to find out about your trip. You may have photographed people I know, especially since you were at Huai Kha Khai. In fact you if you were coming from Chiang Mai you passed right in front of my house on your way down towards Lat Yao/Uthai Thani.

I think your advocacy would be a tremendous help. Look at what happened to the CBR 150 thread. Started off small with few owners but due to some seriously impassioned people there are a lot more owners out there now. You could start a similar deal. It would only help you out with ensured manufacturer support and the aftermarket embracing the bike because there's a market for their product.

Hello BigBikeBKK,

I'm not promoting any commercial site or sites, it is pure informative... I not sell anything on the websites. And indeed I never made it a secret that I sponsor the Boxer Motorcycle Club, matter of fact on the bottom left corner you can even see that motorcycle.in.th is the sponsor... "hope you did not had to think to long to figure it out"

And again you right, boxer.in.th was bought by the people behind motorcycle.in.th, again not much secrets happening here...

For the software which runs the Boxer motorcycle club, you are again on the right track... Why invent the wheel twice, anyway. Sometimes you amaze me so much. As I look at your website http://www.asianconnection71.com/ which of course you not promote... as it is under all your postings on this board. It could use some redesigning, but that is purely personal...

Anyway your website, which is a whole other definition of commercial website, as you actual sell stuff on your website....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Hey Kano85.

Why get upset at other postings on this forum. All forums all full of good, bad and indifferent posts with much misinformation from people with all sorts of axes to grind.

However, many others besides myself take a big interest in your postings about the Tiger Boxer. Particularly loooking forward to a road test

from you. I am interested to know about the suitability of the lights for night time riding, as they dont look very powerful, plus i dont like the style and would

consider replacing wirh a more conventional headlight.

I have been along to look at the 250 Boxer twice now and l think it likely i will buy one soon. I am sure others are interested as a result of

your enthusiastic postings. So forget about adverse comparisons and keep the information coming.

Hi to anyone of you and especially the people who are interested in the boxer..

hI tomartoh,

i dont know where you live but contact Khun Pariya he garanteed me today all foreigner will have a special service .He studied for 10 yrs in england

he knows how foreigners think. the headlight is good and can be replaced by a xenon bulb.

GREAT NEWS

today i ve got the approval from tiger if The tiger Boxer MC organises a trip with 5 or more Tiger boxers we will get refunded on our fuel costs and some extras.Free publicity in Thai motorcycle magazines . sO if you have or purchase a boxer register with Tiger boxer mc and let me know.

Secondly.

I've got the approval from the president of ThaI TOURIST AUTHORITY OF THAILAND TO PUBLISH MY TRAVEL STORIES WITH MY TIGER BOXER DIRECTLY ON THEIR WEBSITE AND tHAI- BLOGS SUPPORT ME ALSO IN THIS PROJECT. tHEREFORE I WILL HAVE LESS TIME TO SUBMIT POSTINGS ON THIS thaivisa WEBSITE

today i was the whole day with TIGER and They checked and tested my bike completely some minor details like disturbing noises which are non existant to me will be improved on the next bikes . The really do concern about details and take my bike as a test bike.

Today i tested the TIGER E- Boxer it goes to a speed of 130 km/h with a max distance of 70 km This month they sold already 70 units to the States and about 300 boxer were ready to be shipped to SE-ASIA so TIGER is really busty on their come-back .

Thx to all of you for reading my humble posts .

charlie

One more time the contact details of Khun Pariya,

[email protected] or Gsm 0892018147

my experiences so far with the boxer are excellent. If the reliability continues like that great bike. strong ,stable , very easy handling in BKK traffic .

smooth,and far from lazy.and great looks people look at you at the traffic lights.

Congratulations on your new Tiger Kano- sounds like you are happy with it, and regardless of what anyone else says, that's all that really matters, right?! :o

Sorry a couple of trolls have turned you off of this forum. Hope you'll continue to share your experience and opinions on your bike with the rest of us.

You said "i tested the TIGER E- Boxer it goes to a speed of 130 km/h with a max distance of 70 km"...

I assume the first part means top speed is 130km/hr, but what's the second part mean? "max distance of 70 km"??

Happy Trails!

Kano, congratulations, make sure that you post links for your articles. I think you underestimate the positive influence you're having in this forum and worrying too mutt about the detractors to the Tiger brand.

Tony:

I assumed that since English isn't his native tongue, your question is answered by thinking that he traveled 32 minutes at 135 km/h (for the distance of 70 km). I would actually be interested in knowing what the speedo 'drift' is compared to a GPS unit. It seems that a lot of bikes that have been measured by forum members are all off by some 10% on the optimistic. I.E. the speedometer was reading 110 km/h and the GPS was at an actual 100 km/h.

Hi Dave,

Tiger told me that the max traveling distance with the e-boxer is about 70 km then you must recharge it. Sry for not explaining it.but i was very busy lately and didnt preview my post.

the e-boxer is a joint-venture with American engineers ,They still busy to develop and improve the whole set up. The Cheaper version with acid batteries will be for the Thai market .The LITHIUM version will be for the European and US-market .If u want i post some pictures here i've got them .Tiger told me they have a video, of a test ride on track between the E-boxer and a CBR 150 ,The E-boxer was nearly capable to follow the CBR 150

The market price will be around 70 - 75k

Once again TIGER is really busy with the future and not according to some earlier posts near bankrupcy ,however never sure according the bad economical situation ........hahahaha

c u you all

Charlie

Hi Dave,

Tiger told me that the max traveling distance with the e-boxer is about 70 km then you must recharge it. Sry for not explaining it.but i was very busy lately and didnt preview my post.

the e-boxer is a joint-venture with American engineers ,They still busy to develop and improve the whole set up. The Cheaper version with acid batteries will be for the Thai market .The LITHIUM version will be for the European and US-market .If u want i post some pictures here i've got them .Tiger told me they have a video, of a test ride on track between the E-boxer and a CBR 150 ,The E-boxer was nearly capable to follow the CBR 150

The market price will be around 70 - 75k

Once again TIGER is really busy with the future and not according to some earlier posts near bankrupcy ,however never sure according the bad economical situation ........hahahaha

c u you all

Charlie

Ahh, that makes more sense, I hadn't noticed the "E-". A bit disappointing about the projected power; electric motors are torque monsters and a motorcycle sporting that drivetrain should easily be able to handle a CBR 150R.

Hi Kano

At the present time i live between chiang Khong and Kanchanaburi. For the next week or two i will go down to Kan and will make arrangements to go to see

the Tiger people whilst there.

I am also interested to know from you about your tyres, as they were your choice. is the road holding good? Also, how far do you travel before your bum gets numb from the

seat. When i had a cb 400 i was always happpy to find some reason to stop as it was so uncomfortable. How do you find the windscreen. Does it serve much purpose, is it big enough. Is there any modifications that you would like to make to the bike now that you have put some mileage on it.?

Do you know any other Boxer 250 riders? It might be difficult to get 5 together at any one time.

Hi Tomartoh.

Today i rode another 300 km with the boxer and yes in kanchanaburi. its bearable to ride 300 kms at once. Nice detail after my first service the fuel consumption improved a lot . The engine is running real smooth now and uses 3.oo - 3.12l/100 km which is very good.Tiger recommended me MOTUL 15w50 semi synthetic motor oil. or 10 W 40 100% synthetic motor oil

The windscreen is good if you 're not taller than 1,80 m Tiger will make a custom screen for me coz im 1.86 cm tall thus the screen is too low for me .

If you want a good service contact khun pariya and order your boxer direct from tiger they always can deliver it at your address.Many dealer dont know anything.

the Boxer is beginning to sell more and more this week there were 5 boxers ready to send upcountry. But will they join the club thats another story.

Khun Pariya told me also that it is even possible to get a digital cockpit for those are interested a nice detail.

I have radial tubeless dunlop coz michelin isnt available here. I really do recommend radial tyres. The standard tyres are IRC which is real scrap i only had to pay 2779 bht extra for the dunlop tyres. 100/80 fr 110/80 r .

Therefore my Tiger is real stable on the road. Today i had a full stop for a crossing dog .no problems .

Charlie

Sounds awesome Kano!

My buddy is getting tired of his Phantom since he can't keep up, but he can't afford the Ninja 250R. I think I'll steer him to this thread as this Tiger 250 sounds like a great bike and will be in his price range. I hope he'll get one so I can try it out :o

Happy Trails!