Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

I really hate to drop into a dealership as if I am in the market for a new bike, when I am not. But I think the only Tiger dealership in northern Thailand may be on the opposite side of Chiang Mai from where I live. If I am in that area, I will stop by and ask. But chances are, I cannot ask in Thai any more than they can answer in English. How many Boxers did this distributorship sell this year? Why have I never recalled seeing a Boxer outside of the BKK area, even as a cop bike? Why did the Joker 125 that you sold my partner turn out to be the least reliable bike his family ever owned? How many parts do you keep in stock? Have you ever had a 250 Boxer?

Hi PeaceBlondie,

I´ve seen boxer policebikes really everywhere around the country. I posted that allready. The dealer in CNX is near the railway station. My CX 125 works great, we are absolutly satisfied with it. On and off-road OK for a scooter. Also in cyclescross races it´s not bad, a 2stroke were better. The service and maintenance is nearly free, even the insurance was in the first year. Fact is oder maybe was, in Samut Prakan no one give a answer, no one is responce for something. We had 2 journalists from the european biggest bikemagazine MOTORRAD in february 2008, whose wanted to visit the factory. But after 10 useless calls and a few faxes, we gave it up. But .... I´ll buy a 250 boxer this month.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi averyone,

yesterday i was in BKK Surawong Patpong area.I saw the new civil Boxer 250 RS in blue.Parked on Surawong.I drank a coke till the owner arrived.He was a nice Thai man. Luckily i can speak Thai. I heard him out about the bikes performance and qlty so far.He osns since May and is very satisfied so far. The man was originally from Ubon and travelled already twice to Ubon with the Boxer.The boxer really covers the distance with ease.

The only minor problem he had due vibration some screws were nearly lost.But after a free visit to the dealer at Paholyothin for some tightening all clear .

The maintenance dirt cheap and the engine seems to be economical as well normal ride 1/35 which is not bad when you are going fast it goes to 1/25.It depends on yourself.

I m in the market to buy a new bike and after 3 months of gaddering information i will go for the boxer. Everyone seems to be satisfied and all the costs are so cheap.

I have my appointment with TIGER on 13TH December and I will oder one with soft absorbers and tubeless tires

i keep you all informed.

see you later

Hi :D

Und der Motor scheint sparsam zu sein, 1 Liter/35 Kilometer bei normaler Fahrt und 1 Liter/25 Kilometer wenn man schnell faehrt.

Regards/Gruesse.....

Thanh

My, isn't our little Vietnamese friend showing off his language skills..... :o

?

Your "little Vietnamese friend" is a 1.93 m tall native German who has a Vietnamese name :o Just to clear things up a little. I speak Vietnamese nevertheless, although didn't have any practice since well over 10 years.

Regards....

Thanh

Frankly, I am impressed with Thanh's language skills and height. Much taller than my teeny Vietnamese boyfriends.

Hi :o

Und der Motor scheint sparsam zu sein, 1 Liter/35 Kilometer bei normaler Fahrt und 1 Liter/25 Kilometer wenn man schnell faehrt.

Regards/Gruesse.....

The Boxer consumes about 2,8 l/100 till nearly 4l/100 km depends on your style .Maybe boxer is making a comeback Sunday i was at Panthip plaza and i saw 2 civil boxers an orange 200 cc and a 250 Rs red in color

?

Your "little Vietnamese friend" is a 1.93 m tall native German who has a Vietnamese name :D Just to clear things up a little. I speak Vietnamese nevertheless, although didn't have any practice since well over 10 years.

Regards....

Thanh

Thanks for clearing that up; however I must say I'm a bit disappointed since I was working under the assumption that you were in fact Asian and come to find out you're just another falang like the rest of us. :o

And while my German isn't good enough to understand everything you wrote, numbers don't lie and that's what I went on.  It would be interesting to find out what languages are spoken by our motorcycle sub-forum members.

Hi :o

Yeah, i simply translated the English into German.... meantime i almost think i speak better English than German, haven't spoken much German the past 8 years (next Sunday is my 8th anniversary in Thailand).

At age 13 i was legally adopted by a Vietnamese family, and although that happened in Germany it still got me a Vietnamese name and some knowledge of the Vietnamese language.

So yeah, i speak German (native), English (rather good), Vietnamese (no practice since 10+ years!) and Thai (enough to survive on). But of those i can read/write only German and English, Vietnamese only without the accent marks (they use western letters but with "French-like" accent marks, yet a lot more of them than the French!)

I am also able to READ languages like Dutch, Danish and Swedish to a certain extend, but i can not speak those.

As for being "Asian", does "trans-racial" count..? I feel like an Asian trapped in a western body.......

Best regards.....

Thanh

I speak-a da English and hablo el espanol.

Remember the general rule that English is the only correct language for all forums except Thai language forum.

As a quick aside (and not to derail the discussion although I'm notorious for that), I saw a little girl down in Lan Sak at the market who had a dark green shirt that said "DE PUTA MADRE".  Unfortunately I had left my cell in the truck so I couldn't take a picture.  Wife was shooting me evil looks cause I kept taking routes that would pass by the little girl and I'd start laughing my ass off again.

Hi Tony, just type in - back support - in your browser and you'll get 100 million hits! But I suspect your companion (partner) would be quite happy to go straight to Victoria Secrets! :o

post-63954-1226618547_thumb.jpg

Now if they could only get it in black with pink highlights and rhinestones!

During 3 trips to LA earlier this year I brought back a consignment of assorted black Victorias secret products for my "happy happy "girl , so I have already been there & done that.

Now working on the belief that no good turn ever really goes uupunished I suspect the black Kawasaki Ninja 250 plus "Victoria" have both contributed to my hurt back & therefore selling the Ninja, theres no justice in life BSJ. I now lose my bike but she still keeps her clothes, & they say its a mans world !

Bros.

hi everyone,

as promised here is my report of my visit to the Tiger factory.I received a very nice reception at the plant.I never received this reception in any other company.

Tiger is producing about 20000 motorcycles a year 300 per month are civilian boxers .Their maximum capicity is 24000 untis per year.Thus tiger is nearly producing at their full capacity.

Back to the Tiger 250 Rs .I ordered my boxer 250 Rs today i will have in 14 days.

I ordered a boxer YELLOW and black in color.Yes u can order a custom colored boxer . for the same price.Red , orange , black, white all standard colors boxer has.Can be ordered.furthermore, yellow absorbers

Included i ordered also tubeless tires this a little extra for the tubeless tires.Windscreen and gear indicator . My custom boxer will cost me 72000 Bht + the extra for tubeless tires.

the Boxer in Yellow just look great.

Tiger offers a 3 year 40000 kms warranty which is not bad .

After my visit I felt very satisfied about the reception and service offered from Tiger.I dont think this factory is in trouble they are producing nearly at full capacity which factory can say that.And their website will be up and running by the end of this month.

Boxer is exporting to indonesia and phillipines .At the moment i have my boxer i will put up some pictures here

happy trails

There is nothing wrong with a 200cc Tiger Boxer, we looked a some of the complains… which where posted at … and came to the conclusion that the only was to test the sweet talk was to test it hard…

So we ordered a head light fairing, there was some confusion as they not see it as fairing, but the person who complains at Motorcycle Thailand called it a fairing…so who are we to called it different.

Second problem was that Tiger is well aware of our office address, so we ordered the headlight plastic to be delivered to an address in Khon Kean. When we paid with Kasikorn ATM transfer money and as the speed post was a bit more expensive we got the spare part in 3 days… With regular mail packages it would be 7 days our post office tells us…

We selected the headlight fairing as test subject as it was supposable impossible to order and as we even saw a police motorcycle totally in disarray, while hitting the back of a pickup truck at full speed … the headlight fairing was still very much in one peace…

Edited by Richard-BKK

What i forgot to tell you all.

In any city you can find a service point where the police services their bikes.tiger promised to give me a list with all the service points in Thailand.

At the factory their were a lot of spare parts on stock.

finally ,I want to conclude that Is not so bad after all .

i keep you all informed about my experiences with me Yellow boxer

lalalalalalalalala

Charlie

In contrast, I found I was going toward Narowat Bridge past the train station today, in Chiang Mai. So, I stopped in at the only known Tiger dealership in northern Thailand. There were no signs outside, only an orange set of Tiger banners on one inside wall. The sales clerk spoke no English, and I speak no Thai. By the fourth employee, I had a two-baht color flyer that showed all the Tigers available, including 250, 200, and 150 Boxers. The listed price for the Boxer 250 (actually 239 cc) was 72K, and each downward step of 40 or 50 cc only decreased the list price by 4K baht. I asked to see one. All they had was a used 150 Cagiva. I have been shopping in bike dealerships since 1964, and that is by far the worst experience as a potential buyer. Tiger has no real presence in this huge part of Thailand. I did park next to a used Joker 125 later, but like its name says...Joker.

I no longer reget overlooking the Tiger Boxer 250 and buying a Honda CBR 150R for about 6,000 baht less. Tiger may be the best motorcycle in Thailand, for all I know.

In contrast, I found I was going toward Narowat Bridge past the train station today, in Chiang Mai. So, I stopped in at the only known Tiger dealership in northern Thailand. There were no signs outside, only an orange set of Tiger banners on one inside wall. The sales clerk spoke no English, and I speak no Thai. By the fourth employee, I had a two-baht color flyer that showed all the Tigers available, including 250, 200, and 150 Boxers. The listed price for the Boxer 250 (actually 239 cc) was 72K, and each downward step of 40 or 50 cc only decreased the list price by 4K baht. I asked to see one. All they had was a used 150 Cagiva. I have been shopping in bike dealerships since 1964, and that is by far the worst experience as a potential buyer. Tiger has no real presence in this huge part of Thailand. I did park next to a used Joker 125 later, but like its name says...Joker.

I no longer reget overlooking the Tiger Boxer 250 and buying a Honda CBR 150R for about 6,000 baht less. Tiger may be the best motorcycle in Thailand, for all I know

Contact Khun Pariya and you will have a different view on things .I posted all the contact information before.Or come to bkk once and order one you will have the same service as me .Which was the best in Thailand before.Which factory in Thailand can purchase a custom color and tubeless tires ???????

But i have the feeling you are more stubborn and put negative information about TIGER stick with HONDA Thats your vright put try to take action like i said you will change your mind.Tiger isnt interested to take a big chunck out of the market they are producing at nearly 100 %.All other factories are suffering.

I hope you understood the message,

All the best mate,

Charlie

P.s. I forwarded all the contact details to two farang friends of mine and they did order also the Boxer with the same excellent service

but probably only in BKK.Many dealers arent aware you can order a custom Boxer.

Kanu did they have the screens that the police use instock(how much) and did you see if they had like any half fairing available.

thanks

Allan

Hi Allan,

The windscreens they have many available i saw them there . I think about 1000 bht (mine i got for free coz i ordered a yellow and black in color boxer.) The fairing i,m not sure but i think it wont be a problem call to the number i posted b4 if Pariya doesnt pick up he will call you back .he always does with me.Or send an e-mail to him

On the 28th decmber i ll have my boxer i ll post some pics asap .The maiden trip for the boxer will be from suphanburi to mae sai .not bad he for her maiden trip

Yesterday i paid my downpayment in their account and today i received a confirmation they will schedule the production of my bike

I keep saying great service so far. charlie

If anyone is interested in reading my articles for tourist authority of Thailand and Thai-blogs you can google

following keywords biking to phu toei national park

and biking to sisaket

im rding my bike all over thailand.

So I informed Tiger, the boxer will be severely tested.They guarantee me no problem.

let's hope.

Charlie

HI

a nice detail i forget to tell you all the new boxer

250 Rs and the 200 px are both capable to tide on E20 there are stickers on the new police bikes already.

happy trails

Hi kano,

Im also interestes in what you have to say about the new Boxer 250 rs as Im in the market to buy one, sorry but I dont understand the meaning of your last comment, its confused me.

" 250 Rs and the 200 px are both capable to tide on E20 there are stickers on the new police bikes already."

What does this mean, Tide on E 20 ?

Many thanks,

Tony Broster

There is nothing wrong with a 200cc Tiger Boxer, we looked a some of the complains… which where posted at … and came to the conclusion that the only was to test the sweet talk was to test it hard…

So we ordered a head light fairing, there was some confusion as they not see it as fairing, but the person who complains at Motorcycle Thailand called it a fairing…so who are we to called it different.

Second problem was that Tiger is well aware of our office address, so we ordered the headlight plastic to be delivered to an address in Khon Kean. When we paid with Kasikorn ATM transfer money and as the speed post was a bit more expensive we got the spare part in 3 days… With regular mail packages it would be 7 days our post office tells us…

We selected the headlight fairing as test subject as it was supposable impossible to order and as we even saw a police motorcycle totally in disarray, while hitting the back of a pickup truck at full speed … the headlight fairing was still very much in one peace…

Hi Richard,

I also read that guys comments & complaints a while back & came to the conclusion that if he spent a bit more time getting his act in order & less time complaining his bike would have likely given him more satisfaction,

some have got IT & some havent & you cant please them all !

Tony.

HI

a nice detail i forget to tell you all the new boxer

250 Rs and the 200 px are both capable to tide on E20 there are stickers on the new police bikes already.

happy trails

Hi kano,

Im also interestes in what you have to say about the new Boxer 250 rs as Im in the market to buy one, sorry but I dont understand the meaning of your last comment, its confused me.

" 250 Rs and the 200 px are both capable to tide on E20 there are stickers on the new police bikes already."

What does this mean, Tide on E 20 ?

Many thanks,

Tony Broster

Reckon he means "ride on E20" gasohol

Personally i would not put e20 in any bike i owned unless i really had to. and even then i wouldnt put any gasahol in my CBR250 cos she's teetotal and don't like alcohol :o

Not sure if bikes get the 5% tax deduction that car's have but i would be VERY wary that the e20 stickers are there just to save money. cos it would probably take about 3 years for any major problems to happen. and then OUT of warranty SORRY.

Allan

Tide = ride yes thx Judas

r and t are next to each other on my keyboard sry for this major mistake

If u r in the market for a new bike go to Tiger in Samutprakan.

You'll receive the same service like me and many other colors available then red and blue Dealers dont know that

AMAZING THAILAND

a boxer completely in white just looks great also i saw one ready to ship to Indonesia

About E20 i dont want to you use it neither.But i just want to give you the information Tiger build all their engines for E20 already