Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

BREAKING NEWS

tiger just mailed me that my bike is nearly finished for delivery .hence the pictures they mailed me.

Just the windscreen and radials from michelin.

GREAT JOB TIGER

who still doubts about TIGERs service

Saturday i can pick her up for her maiden trip.

What does she looks great

charlie

post-69913-1230024348_thumb.jpgpost-69913-1230024383_thumb.jpg

post-69913-1230024321_thumb.jpg

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...it would be like asking Bullwinkle to have an intelligent, sane, and helpful conversation pertaining to pervalence of puerile hubris amply enviced by the spawn of temperately fortuitous purveyors of a business that was not trivial enough to instill a suprious sense of entitlement into the aforementioned misbegotten imbeciles.

LMFAO!!! :o

You liked that hunh?

i forgot one picture

post-69913-1230024814_thumb.jpg

Charlie

happy trails to you all

Looks sharp. Are they going to add lower fairing, or is all the fairing on? I like the semi-naked look with exposed mechanicals. And the red rim stripes; usually rim stripes are the same colour as the body but I think that Tiger going red to match their other stickers was an extremely good decision. Oh, and the muffler looks even better than that on the Ninja.

@Kano85

Very nice color combination... I bet that Tiger is keeping this as a standard option... The Kano Yellow option...

I agree the rim strips are usually the same color as the bike, but somehow it doesn't disturbs me at all that it is red. It is of course the overall detail and reoccurring red details that makes it complete.

i forgot one picture

post-69913-1230024814_thumb.jpg

Charlie

happy trails to you all

Looks sharp. Are they going to add lower fairing, or is all the fairing on? I like the semi-naked look with exposed mechanicals. And the red rim stripes; usually rim stripes are the same colour as the body but I think that Tiger going red to match their other stickers was an extremely good decision. Oh, and the muffler looks even better than that on the Ninja.

Hi Dave .

Thx for your comments on my new bike. I gambled on the colour combination and so did boxer but it really looks good. What really surprises me is the ,fine red stripe on the fuel tank.That's a nice detail that boxer added on.I didnt expect that TIGER is that serious about details .I totaly agree with you about rim stripes. About the fairing that is as I ordered it. Only a windscreen and the radial michelin tyres must be added .

On saturday she's mine. their website

www.tigermotor.co.th

Yes richard,It is indeed possible to customize your bike.With the colours they do have in stock.I nearly opted for black and red but Black is easily dusty .

About the tachometer .I'm not sure cause for me it was not that important . Maybe can be done. I'll ask khun Pariya on Saturday when i pick up my bike

cu

Charlie

Yes richard,It is indeed possible to customize your bike.With the colours they do have in stock.I nearly opted for black and red but Black is easily dusty .

About the tachometer .I'm not sure cause for me it was not that important . Maybe can be done. I'll ask khun Pariya on Saturday when i pick up my bike

cu

Charlie

I contacted Tiger late afternoon a few days back regarding ordering a new 250 Boxer & asking about changing the colour to my own choice plus some other small changes, they replied the next morning asking me to let them know what colour & shade of that colour I would like & to ask if I wanted any detailing stripes or whatever added & if so where.

later that day they replied to a technical engine/electrical question I had asked Tiger also sent me a photo of Charlies bike with the rear carrier fitted ( I had asked about the rear carrier previously )

point Im making here guys is Tiger are really trying to provide an excellent service, they have so far acted promptly speak very good English, & when they could not ansa my tech question instantly were honest enough to say "I dont know the ansa khun tony but I will talk to our engineer soon as possible & get straight back to you" which they did,

so 10 out of 10 score for Tigers communication & service so far.

Im now confident enough to place my Boxer 250 order soon as they are back to work early Jan, one thing I will mention to Tiger is to suggest they have their web site reading in English as well as Thai,

that way attracting all us farangs of what ever colour or race to look more seriously at the product.

A rev counter is currently not a factory option, but Im on the case.

Boxer club, who said that ?? whoever it was yes its a nice idea.

Happy Christmas all of you.

Bros.

cu

Charlie

Hi kano,

regarding fitting a rev counter, I have found a perfectly sized digital one but its not "back lit " for nightime riding so I have dropped that one, however I have a Uk friend staying & his job is to build, fit, & control all the onboard cameras fitted to Formula 1 grand prix cars, as a sideline until recently built electronic rev counters for smaller formula cars, so the guy has a fairly advanced knowlege of what is required,

we are going to look at what style of magneto ignition the Boxer actually uses ( Im told there are 2 mag types of ignition ) currently we believe it uses a CD mag ignition & if so its not too difficult to do, if its the really old fashioned style its a lot more difficult.

We will find a compact sensibly priced 2 inch diameter, single clyinder 0 to 9,000 or 0 to 10,000 analogue tacho that can either be easily modified to suit or is a straight forward fit & wire job.

It cant be impossible to achieve kano & I will keep everyone informed as to what we find out before my mate goes home on 2nd Jan.

Also at what the costs are, so perhaps if anyone else is tackling this same problem or have fresh ideas they might give us all some imput.

On a lighter note if there was a Boxer club started will that mean a ride out consists of 2 of us plus the 30 plus cops who Im told have just received new Tiger Boxers in Pattaya ?? ha ha haaaaaaaa

Blimey everything is going up in price.......sign of the time i suppose.

and maybe Honda getting ready for the FI bikes

Hi Allan,

Not everythings going up my boy Im pleased to say.

You will find that Bar Fines have remained fairly stable over the last few years & have so far not suffered from too much inflation,

just thought you might need to know & I couldent resist telling you thats all !

Bros

Blimey everything is going up in price.......sign of the time i suppose.

and maybe Honda getting ready for the FI bikes

Hi Allan,

Not everythings going up my boy Im pleased to say.

You will find that Bar Fines have remained fairly stable over the last few years & have so far not suffered from too much inflation,

just thought you might need to know & I couldent resist telling you thats all !

Bros

Your not on phuket I see..

Some beer bars are now charging 1000 baht !!! Not gogo's.. Just regular normal beer bars !!

Your not on phuket I see..

Some beer bars are now charging 1000 baht !!! Not gogo's.. Just regular normal beer bars !!

Scandalous! :o

Back on topic thx for the explanation guys. I am satisfied with that though I do think that Tiger seems to have some sort of special deals regarding the rules. Remember how it's so difficult to get a new bike approved in Thailand because the emission standards are as strict as California's? I somehow doubt the Tiger Boxer fulfills them. They've got a special deal.

That doesn't take away from the bike of course, I think it's very pretty. And it sounds like Tiger service is amazing, with custom colors and all that. Hard to get that leve of service for anything in Thailand and while I am satisfied with my Kawa dealer I kind of assume their attitude to service is like that of Toyota or Sony: The products we sell are perfect and if they aren't working it's either not true or your fault :D

Edited by nikster

I asked boxer about emission standards and they told me they passed all emission controls.I dont know if it is true or not.I'll ask them today.And i dont think that TIGER is getting away with better deals.

AMAZING THAILAND again. I know it is not related to the tiger topic here . But how can TIGER the wholesaler off SACHS MADASS . Bring the SACHS on the market at 61 k reckon in Europe its nearly 100k,same bike and some other countries even more

Dont come with the story some parts are produced in China The Germans are using Chinese produced parts as well .My friend in Belgium works for Sachs and i have some kind of inside scoop.

Tiger imports all the parts and they assemble it here . LABOUR cost so much cheaper then , or what else ............ .I'd rather conclude that some of the bikes here are overpriced .

Gentlemen,

I have been thinking that the threads for the Honda CBR150R, the Ninja 250 and Tiger Boxer threads, may be too lengthy. We can keep this open for 987 more posts and infinitely more views, but what about starting a new thread for each of these bikes, for all new posts during 2009?

Also, how about I prune many comments off this thread that are not really about Tiger Boxer ownership?

I asked boxer about emission standards and they told me they passed all emission controls.I dont know if it is true or not.I'll ask them today.And i dont think that TIGER is getting away with better deals.

AMAZING THAILAND again. I know it is not related to the tiger topic here . But how can TIGER the wholesaler off SACHS MADASS . Bring the SACHS on the market at 61 k reckon in Europe its nearly 100k,same bike and some other countries even more

Dont come with the story some parts are produced in China The Germans are using Chinese produced parts as well .My friend in Belgium works for Sachs and i have some kind of inside scoop.

Tiger imports all the parts and they assemble it here . LABOUR cost so much cheaper then , or what else ............ .I'd rather conclude that some of the bikes here are overpriced .

steel frame instead of aluminium, smaller radiator for oil cooler, cheaper dual rear shocks (less expensive to engineer the swingarm), less plastic, no hoses, no fan...imo you get less bike for the money with tiger, but that doesnt mean its not a good bike...you just get less bells and whistles...and hopefully dependability do to simplicity.....

police bikes are parked at the booth for most of the day.

Edited by Vato

Kano, be interested to know what fuel consumption you get when running in.

The madass I believe is made in China and European/UK motorcycle prices are marked up to an extreme level, so no doubt if Sachs can offload a reasonable quantity on the THai market they will still make a decent profit.

The two Tiger stores I know in Chiang Mai have closed down (one by the railway station, the other fairly central). And a very large JRD store has also closed (on the way to Airport Plaza if you are coming from the nightmarket and taking the city route). Thais don't like non Japanese bikes by the look of it.

I would like to see Tiger take the website a step further with direct ordering (and a price discount as no dealer involved), they could extend this to the international market as well, perhaps via eBay. Just a thought.

For some reason the engine in the Boxer reminds me of the old Kawa Z200 rather than CB125/150 Hondas

Hi guys here is my first report about my maiden trip from BKK to suphanburi.

When i picked up the bike i was really amazed by its beauty and sporty look.The High profile Dunlop radial tyres did it also.The bike looks really mature with 100/80 fr and 110/80 r .The customized paintwork is perfectly done

My bike rides a lot better then the demonstrator a few months ago(with those crap IRC tyres),due to better tyres .And once again thx To Tiger I only had to pay 2779 bht extra for those tyres.Nice job Tiger.

The bike is far from lazy and handles very well .Bkk Traffic is no problem for this bike.

Also The speedometer looks good too.when riding it at night the cockpit is very nice and sporty.The red outskirt makes it a nice speedometer,its also improved ,the dial is not trembling and shaking any more as on the demonstrator.Nice improvement Tiger and again they told me that when i ordered my bike

The road stability is very good.it cruises easily at 120 km/h and went for a short time to 150 km without any problem.The boxer did it all with glamour . In the evening i had a male pillion driver and i couldn't feel any slowdown from the engine.due to its high torque at low revs

My position on the bike is right up as I like it im 1,86 m tall and i didnt have any pains .

The windscreen can be better . I'll arrange that myself

1 minor point of the Boxer is it large turn radius i nearly missed a U-turn at the factory.I posted that before already

there arent any disturbing noises ,everything seems to be improved here too

Good brakes

I rode yesterday about 150 km at 120 km/h with an average consumption of 3,35 l/100 km which is not bad reckon im running in the bike .Im a sporty rider i dont want a lazy engine.

My overall conclusion is its a back to basics bike without whistles and bells with nice exposed mechanics.Real good looking everyone is looking at me when i pass by .superb road handling and swift in any cicrcumstances .

GREAT SOUND TOO not the bee in a pickle pot sound .It was my pillion drivers first remark great sound isnt it.

Great value for money

If the reliability is good whcih I dont doubt about it coz the technics are too simple to have any problems with it .

I would recommend this bike to all sporty touring riders.

And last but not least TIGER FULFILLED ALL THEIR PROMISES 10/10 On the 6 th January i have an appointment with Tiger for a free check up or any adjustments.

And i got busted from the police from riding without licence plate .i told them it was my first ride and showec my book , road tax ,invoice to no avail. i waved 100 bht in the air and they received it with a big smile.hope he can buy a little present for his wife.

Peanuts compared to a fine in EUROPE

post-69913-1230403885_thumb.jpg post-69913-1230405982_thumb.jpg

post-69913-1230403716_thumb.jpg post-69913-1230406066_thumb.jpg

I hope all helped you all

Charlie

Great report of a new bike by a happy customer. It reminded me of what I might have written after buying a new 1981 Suzuki GN400, in 1982, my first new and modern bike, for $999. This one cost $2,195 as delivered in 2008.

The Tiger dealer in Chiang Mai seemed open, with no Boxers on the showroom other than an old, used Cagiva 150. But maybe they dropped the franchise.

Hi guys here is my first report about my maiden trip from BKK to suphanburi.

When i picked up the bike i was really amazed by its beauty and sporty look.The High profile Dunlop radial tyres did it also.The bike looks really mature with 100/80 fr and 110/80 r .The customized paintwork is perfectly done

My bike rides a lot better then the demonstrator a few months ago(with those crap IRC tyres),due to better tyres .And once again thx To Tiger I only had to pay 2779 bht extra for those tyres.Nice job Tiger.

The bike is far from lazy and handles very well .Bkk Traffic is no problem for this bike.

Also The speedometer looks good too.when riding it at night the cockpit is very nice and sporty.The red outskirt makes it a nice speedometer,its also improved ,the dial is not trembling and shaking any more as on the demonstrator.Nice improvement Tiger and again they told me that when i ordered my bike

The road stability is very good.it cruises easily at 120 km/h and went for a short time to 150 km without any problem.The boxer did it all with glamour . In the evening i had a male pillion driver and i couldn't feel any slowdown from the engine.due to its high torque at low revs

My position on the bike is right up as I like it im 1,86 m tall and i didnt have any pains .

The windscreen can be better . I'll arrange that myself

1 minor point of the Boxer is it large turn radius i nearly missed a U-turn at the factory.I posted that before already

there arent any disturbing noises ,everything seems to be improved here too

Good brakes

I rode yesterday about 150 km at 120 km/h with an average consumption of 3,35 l/100 km which is not bad reckon im running in the bike .Im a sporty rider i dont want a lazy engine.

My overall conclusion is its a back to basics bike without whistles and bells with nice exposed mechanics.Real good looking everyone is looking at me when i pass by .superb road handling and swift in any cicrcumstances .

GREAT SOUND TOO not the bee in a pickle pot sound .It was my pillion drivers first remark great sound isnt it.

Great value for money

If the reliability is good whcih I dont doubt about it coz the technics are too simple to have any problems with it .

I would recommend this bike to all sporty touring riders.

And last but not least TIGER FULFILLED ALL THEIR PROMISES 10/10 On the 6 th January i have an appointment with Tiger for a free check up or any adjustments.

And i got busted from the police from riding without licence plate .i told them it was my first ride and showec my book , road tax ,invoice to no avail. i waved 100 bht in the air and they received it with a big smile.hope he can buy a little present for his wife.

Peanuts compared to a fine in EUROPE

I hope all helped you all

Charlie

nice bike, could you please take a look in the manual and see what te weight of the bike is?... and please report back on how well it handles heat in bangkok traffic jams...thanks

Peace i have a Tiger dealer here in Nakhom Pathom went in to ask about the 250 and believe it or not they told me that tiger not make! then she tried to sell me a Platinum... when i forced her on the point she conceded that they haven't been a dealer for 3 years just the sign still up.....silly cow

also charlie why didn't you get a red plate

CHARLIE pm sent

Edited by thaicbr

hi to you all. Tiger didnt have a red plate but whatever.The BKK police is greedy I asked my police friend in Suphanburi and he told me next time ask his name and station then he will report this and sanction the police.Im completely confirm with the law .I paid all duties and taxes just transportation office is slow.

Today i mounted my golden tiger lady early this morning for a ride to Kanchanaburi ,After i kicked her she was so obedient.I rode 122 km at a speed of 100 km/h on the speedometer . The fuel consumption was 3.1 l/100 km . I rode on country roads with a lot of curve work and i climbed a small ascent rather steep the high torque at low rev's did it again.very powerful and swift. My farang friend here is still impressed about the 250's torque.With 2 farang men she still goes hard

And most of all 2 Thai Honda CBR 150 owners came to talk with me and asked what bike it was i told its tiger same from the cops they didnt want to believe.They said great bike and wanted to change.

My bike catches eyes anywhere.

About the heat in BKK traffic i cant reply im not living in BKK luckily.But yesterday i didnt had any problen in BKK.I think its not a problem the police are using them always in bkk traffic.