What Is Your Favourite Place In Thailand...

Baaksida

The one place in LOS I like most is...  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer to tour around an area on my bike and don't like staying more than one night in any place if I can help it. Prefer staying in the small towns and like riding the back roads into remote areas.

Favourite places? The North, the deep South, Upper North-East and any border areas. :o

I prefer to tour around an area on my bike and don't like staying more than one night in any place if I can help it. Prefer staying in the small towns and like riding the back roads into remote areas.

Favourite places? The North, the deep South, Upper North-East and any border areas. :o

Ounds fantastic, i just need to get the bike and i'll join you mate :D

> Phuket. I've got a few great mates there. Beautiful beach.. a

> cold drink.. a good book.. gorgeous boys walking past.. ahhh...

I mostly see Dick Cheney lookalikes in shorts, hawaii shirts and flipflops? Or is that your spec / type? :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Not a beach person - get bored too easily and in LOS its usually to bloody hot to sunbathe anyway! Besides I go from milk-bottle-white to Lobster Red and back to White missing out all the brown bits.

I like doing things; like visit places, hiking and watching a show/restaurant/etc.

My favorite place on earth is Chiang Mai - can't say why really, just so varied - I have a house in Lampang so its a 5 hour drive (or so). Been there many, many times, but still like to go back. Seen all the regular sights, but I always stay at Lai Thai Guesthouse - enjoy watching the farangs on holiday (especially first timers). Its amazing how you can guess nationality from looks (dress), manorisms and the way they act. Also amuzing watching them in the Night Bazaar. :o

Yep, Chiang Mai is my favorite.

:D:):D

large.jpg:D

Kan = Kanchanaburi Province :D

Paradise by the River Kwae. -_-

I am not a Beach Boy, but I did see them in the early 70’s, only a River Boy. :wub:

For daylight photos, click below to see this most beautiful Province, just a couple of hours from the Big Mango….. :o

Kanchanaburi by Kan Win

Happy Travelling in Thailand. :(

Yeah Kan, just don't get into any arguements with Police restaurant owners!  :wub:

:D:D

Thank you for your generous advise. -_-

Will take care, together with my bodyguards to protecting me:- :D

medium.jpg:)

medium.jpg:)

Yours as always wolf5370. :o

medium.jpg:(

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite place on earth is Chiang Mai - can't say why really, just so varied - I have a house in Lampang so its a 5 hour drive (or so). Been there many, many times, but still like to go back.

5 hours driving (or so) from Lampang to Chiang Mai? 90 kilometers? 4-lane hiway all the way? Everyone I know, including myself, does it in about one hour, often less... :o

Yeah, I later flashed that maybe he's driving a Lampang Pony and cart... :D

On my last trip to Bkk a couple of weeks ago, I drove to Bkk in 6 hours...But, it took me almost 3 hours to get to Soi 1, Sukumwit. I got stuck on the expressway, and and went all over the place...At one point, I was on Sukumwit headed East on Sukumwit...Got within 20 meters of the entrance to the soi, when a cop directed me onto the expressway again. An hour getting back... Went past the airport 3 times....

No excuses for my behaviour except being tired and a space cadet :D

btw, I even had a working GPS to guide me....Here are my tracks around Bkk...About 20% is 'not lost'..... :o

bkklost.jpg

hi'

I would go to Omkoy area .. i have some friends living there ...

a real rest far from all hassle :o

a real quiet and nice place ... not much to do though, but if you like peaceful time and/or fishing, it's just perfect :D

people there are just very nice :D

or stay a couple of days in Doi Ang Khang ... not far from Fang ... a cool place and for who wants a bit of comfort, they have a hudge resort upthere now :D

cheers

francois

Spent my honeymoon at a place called Rilay or something like that in Krabbi.

Picture postcard tropical beach layout, bugalows well concealed in jungle canopy and framed by huge limestone cliffs, also nice little bungalows in amongst the trees made of wood 500 baht a night, bit like robinson crusoe type effect, that was some years ago, probably ruined now, I saw a lot of building work starting up at the rear of the land, but all in all very peaceful and clean, about 4 restaurants and 1 bar on the beach.

Not actually an island but feels like one as it is cut off by rocks so you have to get there by boat. I believe it is popular with climbers because of the cliffs.

Very nice for a quiet romantic break but don't go on your own.

moziman.

My favorite place on earth is Chiang Mai - can't say why really, just so varied - I have a house in Lampang so its a 5 hour drive (or so). Been there many, many times, but still like to go back. 

5 hours driving (or so) from Lampang to Chiang Mai? 90 kilometers? 4-lane hiway all the way? Everyone I know, including myself, does it in about one hour, often less...

Yeah, but I don't drive in LOS (at all). I'm talking about the coach (my only point of reference I'm afraid). BKK to CM is about 10+ hours. Lampang (actually not in the town, but out in the sticks), takes about 5 hours. Honest, done it many times. OK they do stop for some road side botchalism, but that's onmly a 30 min break.

5 hours driving (or so) from Lampang to Chiang Mai? 90 kilometers? 4-lane hiway all the way? Everyone I know, including myself, does it in about one hour, often less...

Yeah, but I don't drive in LOS (at all). I'm talking about the coach (my only point of reference I'm afraid). BKK to CM is about 10+ hours. Lampang (actually not in the town, but out in the sticks), takes about 5 hours. Honest, done it many times. OK they do stop for some road side botchalism, but that's onmly a 30 min break.

Lampang is a great place to have a house. Outside of Chiang Mai Province, Lampang is my favorite place to cruise around. Lots of hilltribes, too.

But, the hot season in Lampang is ######' hot! :o

On my last trip to Bkk a couple of weeks ago, I drove to Bkk in 6 hours...But, it took me almost 3 hours to get to Soi 1, Sukumwit. I got stuck on the expressway, and and went all over the place...At one point, I was on Sukumwit headed East on Sukumwit...Got within 20 meters of the entrance to the soi, when a cop directed me onto the expressway again. An hour getting back... Went past the airport 3 times....

No excuses for my behaviour except being tired and a space cadet  :D

btw, I even had a working GPS to guide me....Here are my tracks around Bkk...About 20% is 'not lost'..... :o

bkklost.jpg

:D:D:wub:

Ohhhh, this happened to you also – Teacher ??? -_-

Nearly the same happened to me in Chiang Mai. :)

One Way…. all the way…… :D

At one point, I was on Sukumwit headed East on Sukumwit...Got within 20 meters of the entrance to the soi, when a cop directed me onto the expressway again.

Perhaps they looked at your number plate and then told you where to go…… :)

Kan Win :(

But, the hot season in Lampang is ######' hot!

Yeah and some. I have a plot of land - with nought on it - about 15 acres. When I go check it, its like walking in the desert. It is a rare plot of land that is flat, but higher than the main road that passes the length of one side (most surrounbding land is either mountains or paddy). Behind is a river and it has its own little man-made lake in the corner (square and about 10 foot deep). During the hot season the river is dry as a bone, as is the lake. The land is dry and dusty and even the course grass turns to whispy straw-coloured strands. I loose 10 pounds walking from one end to the other - a water bottle is a must! I feel like Larence of Arabia!

My fav for a holiday is Phuket, I've got lots of mates there, good beaches, good food, love it.

Chaing Mai is also great but more for a long weekend as its an easy drive from here (about 4-5 hrs) same with hua hin/ cha am. Not fussed on pattaya though and BKK is usualy only for buissines with the odd overnight thrown in.