Toxic Chemicals On Fruits

muhammad10280

Hi, does anyone know about the farming practices in Thailand, I mean do they spray heaps of chemicals to prevent the insects eating them ? I told my wife to wash always before cooking but still it does concern me and my newborn if there are unhealthy levels in these produce, that are above safety levels. I don't think the goverment regulates on the farming in this respect so I ask here.

In the name of God.

Hi, does anyone know about the farming practices in Thailand, I mean do they spray heaps of chemicals to prevent the insects eating them ? I told my wife to wash always before cooking but still it does concern me and my newborn if there are unhealthy levels in these produce, that are above safety levels. I don't think the goverment regulates on the farming in this respect so I ask here.

:o You will hear different stories about this. There have been reports in Thai newspapers about fruit and vegatables found in markets with pesticide levels on them far above safety limits. For example, Mangos are not supposed to be sprayed for a period of time before they are picked and sent to market, but some growers have been seen spraying pesticide on Mangos just before they are shipped to market (I guess to keep insects off them). Then again, you certainly can't believe everything in the Thai news.

For that reason you should wash fruits and vegetables before you use them. Just in case. Better safe than sorry.

:D

Yes, I have instructed my wife to wash the fruits but I didn't know for her to rinse or soak and for how long, and even if the chemicals soak inside the fruits and vegetables. For now I will be safe and tell her to give it a very good wash until further information. Thank you.