Indian Tourist Murdered at Full Moon Party

baco

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night 1 swedish tourist and a thai died after a bar fight, with knives and bottles.

they were rushed to samui but died overthere in the hospital

How come they both died? sounds unlikely, unless they were both fighting for the same team.

Full Moon Party? Who really, seriously gives a toss anymore. Sooner it's shut down the sooner we can get on with a bit of normality and flush all the baddies off the island.

Shock over tourist murders

Government moving quickly to restore confidence in country's biggest business

By Post reporters

The government is rushing to shore up the confidence of tourists shaken by the latest killings of holidaymakers, which could affect the industry which generates the largest amount of foreign exchange in Thailand. Thailand's reputation as a safe destination for tourists suffered another setback with the March 15 murder of Swedish tourist Hannah Charlotte Bankluns, 27, who was stabbed to death while sunbathing in Phuket.

Yesterday an Indian tourist, Chetn Dadhwal, 24, was also stabbed to death as he tried to break up a fight during the Full Moon party on Rin beach at Koh Phangan in Surat Thani.

Continued here http://bangkokpost.com/News/23Mar2008_news01.php

By Post reporters

The government is rushing to shore up the confidence of tourists shaken by the latest killings of holidaymakers, which could affect the industry which generates the largest amount of foreign exchange in Thailand. Thailand's reputation as a safe destination for tourists suffered another setback with the March 15 murder of Swedish tourist Hannah Charlotte Bankluns, 27, who was stabbed to death while sunbathing in Phuket.

Yesterday an Indian tourist, Chetn Dadhwal, 24, was also stabbed to death as he tried to break up a fight during the Full Moon party on Rin beach at Koh Phangan in Surat Thani.

read this article...highly recommended...HILARIOUS!!! :o

Full Moon Party? Who really, seriously gives a toss anymore. Sooner it's shut down the sooner we can get on with a bit of normality and flush all the baddies off the island.

agreed, the full moon party is an embarassment

likei said before get rid of all the the smelly ravers ,then we can have paradise back that would be nice.What do you think? :o

By Post reporters

I am not sure if you can call murder hilarious.... but maybe you where refering to the ' wistles ' or the near banning of females wearing bikinis?

Maybe you could re phrase from Hilarious to complete police stupidity ?

Sadly another person who came to paradise won’t be going home..sounds like the old favorite alcohol was possibly involved …quite sad really

But saying that, these kind’s of idiotic deaths “fighting related” happen everywhere & should not be bunched together with the terrible murders that have occurred over the past couple of years

From what I understand, he was trying to break up a fight and got in the middle, the other two parties did not die, is what I have been told. And, according to the news article, he was Indian, not Swedish.

to those of you with such little sympathy for someone who has lost their life in a senseless manner, perhaps you should try considering how the family of this man must be feeling before posting such insensitive remarks. Imagine how they would feel to read that someone finds the report of their son's death "hilarious" :o

By Post reporters

I am not sure if you can call murder hilarious.... but maybe you where refering to the ' wistles ' or the near banning of females wearing bikinis?

Maybe you could re phrase from Hilarious to complete police stupidity ?

Very poor choice of words/attitude given the subject matter, but this is the second article I've read from the BP within 24 hours that has made me audibly groan...

Edited by Insight

I have since heard that he was English but of Indian heritage (perhaps mixed, possibly dual passport), the Thai man was from the mainland and was very badly hurt but did not die. I've also heard two different versions, that he was trying to break up a fight and that he was involved in the fight. So, take all island telegraph reports with a grain of salt, which is what I always do.

The only reported news is the one from the Bangkok Post which did not report a Thai person died, and reported the tourist as being Indian.

And lets try to show some sensitivity here, please. Thai Visa is often used as a resource for families trying to find out information regarding the deaths of loved ones, as has been seen in several threads. So, please try to bear that in mind when posting, thanks.

likei said before get rid of all the the smelly ravers ,then we can have paradise back that would be nice.What do you think? :o

you are a smelly raver

Just come back after three months ,I/we also broke up a figh what was between thai girls it was pretty nasty bottels knifes etc..three of the girls would of been killed i am sure if we did not step in & put us in a bad situation

the "security" we're not the best & as for the police what a load of mugs the police must off been called who know's how many times saying be there in a minute etc but never turned up after we waited up 2hours having to stop this fight & get the girls out of there as the "gang" was waiting for them & carried on attacking them....

the police really want to sort it out & more security in the bars they must have the money to pay for this.

Whatever the circumstances, it is a tragic death. My condolences go out to the family and friends of the deceased. These are the people who suffer a great deal on these losses.

In march i have been only 1 week in Pattaya, and saw 2 fights.

1 guy whas beaten by 'security' guys from World agogo (Beach road next to soi 8). 3 guys where beaten him with a wooden stick.

and 1 guy whas severly beaten by 'security' people from Marine bar at 04.00 am.

Those guys working outside for agogo bars and disco are realy the scum of Thailand.

I never could figure out why people would even want to go in those clubs

with the aggressive touts yelling and shoving their promo signs in your face.

5-6 of them beating up a tourist who's had too much to drink happens often.

If you're going to have this lucrative economy selling alcohol to tourists at

300% profit then you need to have peaceful strategies for defusing things.

Tourist spending has moved this country light years ahead of it's neighbors. :o

From a long Intl Herald Tribune article about tourists being attacked in Thailand, and an interesting read is this blurb :

On Saturday, a 24-year-old Indian tourist was stabbed to death while trying to break up a fight during the popular Full Moon party on Koh Phangan island.

Just come back after three months ,I/we also broke up a figh what was between thai girls it was pretty nasty bottels knifes etc..three of the girls would of been killed i am sure if we did not step in & put us in a bad situation

the "security" we're not the best & as for the police what a load of mugs the police must off been called who know's how many times saying be there in a minute etc but never turned up after we waited up 2hours having to stop this fight & get the girls out of there as the "gang" was waiting for them & carried on attacking them....

the police really want to sort it out & more security in the bars they must have the money to pay for this.

to be honest mate i would never get in the way of thai girsl fighting ,they are more ferious than thai men DO NOT GO NEAR THEM NUTTERS :o

I was in Tropical Murphy's last nigth & saw the Security Guard pull out what could only be described as a Machete on 5 Guys that were being refused entry because they were drunk. They were not acting aggresively before the Machete got pulled out but got very angry when it did. The Guard did what he did in front of many Tourists, TM Staff & Management & also Families & we saw at least 3 Tables of people get up & leave because of it..

I would hardly call it a growing trend here but violence or at least the threat of it, is rearing it's ugly head it seems on a daily basis in situations that could SOOOOO easily be avoided.

From what I understand, he was trying to break up a fight and got in the middle, the other two parties did not die, is what I have been told. And, according to the news article, he was Indian, not Swedish.

Not died, but critically injured...

and the suspected killer of the Indian tourist.... is 14.... :o:D

Provincial Police Region 8 Track down Full-Moon Party Killer

The commander of Provincial Policed Region 8 traveled to Pa Ngan Island to interrogate the teen-aged suspect allegedly involved in the stabbing of a foreign tourist during a fight at the famed full-moon party.

Police Lieutenant General Thanee Tawitsee, commander of Provincial Police Region 8, traveled by helicopter to Pa Ngan Island yesterday evening to interrogate a suspect, allegedly involved in the stabbing of a foreign tourist.

The suspect is a 14-year-old boy and he is arrested for taking part in a fight during a full moon party at Haad Rin.

The boy is suspected of having stabbed 24-year-old Chetan Dadhwal with a hand metal scraper. Dadhwal was an Indian national who tried to break up the fight and was then stabbed. He later died while being hospitalized at Bann Don Inter Samui Hospital.

The suspect denied all charges despite evidence found by police and witnesses who identified him as the culprit. He has been charged with causing a disturbance which resulted in the death of others and is in custody.

The 15-year-old victim who Dadhwal was trying to help was reportedly stabbed four times with the hand scraper as well. His condition is still critical and he remains under close medical observation.

- Thailand Outlook (today)

Not died, but critically injured...

and the suspected killer of the Indian tourist.... is 14.... :o:D

Provincial Police Region 8 Track down Full-Moon Party Killer

The commander of Provincial Policed Region 8 traveled to Pa Ngan Island to interrogate the teen-aged suspect allegedly involved in the stabbing of a foreign tourist during a fight at the famed full-moon party.

Police Lieutenant General Thanee Tawitsee, commander of Provincial Police Region 8, traveled by helicopter to Pa Ngan Island yesterday evening to interrogate a suspect, allegedly involved in the stabbing of a foreign tourist.

The suspect is a 14-year-old boy and he is arrested for taking part in a fight during a full moon party at Haad Rin.

The boy is suspected of having stabbed 24-year-old Chetan Dadhwal with a hand metal scraper. Dadhwal was an Indian national who tried to break up the fight and was then stabbed. He later died while being hospitalized at Bann Don Inter Samui Hospital.

The suspect denied all charges despite evidence found by police and witnesses who identified him as the culprit. He has been charged with causing a disturbance which resulted in the death of others and is in custody.

The 15-year-old victim who Dadhwal was trying to help was reportedly stabbed four times with the hand scraper as well. His condition is still critical and he remains under close medical observation.

- Thailand Outlook (today)

As heard on the grape vine.....

This is the second death to occur within the imediate vicinity of the Drop In Bar in less than six months. Apparantly the place is now having all it's documents checked and if all is not in order faces closure. An English girl was also raped that night by four thais (again, an association with the Drop In Bar was mentioned). The story goes that she went to the local police station with a translator from a local cafe the next day and ended up signing a statement confessing to being 'drunk and out of control'. She has now left the Island. The foreign run bunglow resort where she was staying has all the details.

As for the death of Chetan Dadhwal, absolutely terrible and a waste of a life. It will be interesting to see what happens to the 14 yr old murderer (bet you're not feeling like such a big man now are you??)

:D

As heard on the grape vine.....

An English girl was also raped that night by four thais (again, an association with the Drop In Bar was mentioned). The story goes that she went to the local police station with a translator from a local cafe the next day and ended up signing a statement confessing to being 'drunk and out of control'. She has now left the Island. The foreign run bunglow resort where she was staying has all the details.

For these pirates islands it is time to arrive in the 21st century. This makes me very very angry....

Unfortunately for women in this country, the local police reaction sounds no different than the attitude of the head of the country's Tourist police

Choochart played down the recent killings, saying, "I believe security in Thailand is better than in many other countries." He also said that some of the attacks were occasioned by the behavior of the women themselves. Under a front-page photograph of a Western woman in a skimpy bikini, The Bangkok Post quoted Choochart as saying, "They tend to choose a quiet spot away from other people, take off the bikini and sunbathe. That's when the attackers strike."

It is an attitude that is typical of alot of men, regardless of what country they come from.

Guess Hanna Backlund's attempted rape and murder in Phuket makes Phuket a "pirate island" too

Choochart played down the recent killings, saying, "I believe security in Thailand is better than in many other countries." He also said that some of the attacks were occasioned by the behavior of the women themselves. Under a front-page photograph of a Western woman in a skimpy bikini, The Bangkok Post quoted Choochart as saying, "They tend to choose a quiet spot away from other people, take off the bikini and sunbathe. That's when the attackers strike."

Choochart is of course 100% correct, Thailand's security is better than many other countries - Burma, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia; to name but four. This does not make Thailand 'safe' though. And to the topless sun bathers, no it's not ok, the Thais don't like it, it makes them embarassed and causes a lot of confusion amongst the men folk. TIT. (pardon the pun)

Back to the violence thing, offend, even unintentionally, or cross swords with a wanabe gangsta or yabbad up teenager and you can quite easily get your head stamped by him and the passing postman until your brain comes out of your ears.

Incidentally, just before he died, the poor indian bloke lying was face down on the beach with a bunch of 'big mafia' throwing bottles at his head from a couple of feet away. Got that from somebody who was there.

Big Mafia, big taxi driver. Same same. Cheap gangs, cheap guns, cheap gold. Cowards, the lot of them.