Indian Tourist Murdered at Full Moon Party

baco

Incidentally, just before he died, the poor indian bloke lying was face down on the beach with a bunch of 'big mafia' throwing bottles at his head from a couple of feet away. Got that from somebody who was there.

the sort of thais likely to be found at gatherings like that would probably see indians as people even more despicable than the westerners they see there.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choochart played down the recent killings, saying, "I believe security in Thailand is better than in many other countries." He also said that some of the attacks were occasioned by the behavior of the women themselves. Under a front-page photograph of a Western woman in a skimpy bikini, The Bangkok Post quoted Choochart as saying, "They tend to choose a quiet spot away from other people, take off the bikini and sunbathe. That's when the attackers strike."

Choochart is of course 100% correct, Thailand's security is better than many other countries - Burma, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia; to name but four. This does not make Thailand 'safe' though. And to the topless sun bathers, no it's not ok, the Thais don't like it, it makes them embarassed and causes a lot of confusion amongst the men folk. TIT. (pardon the pun)

Back to the violence thing, offend, even unintentionally, or cross swords with a wanabe gangsta or yabbad up teenager and you can quite easily get your head stamped by him and the passing postman until your brain comes out of your ears.

Incidentally, just before he died, the poor indian bloke lying was face down on the beach with a bunch of 'big mafia' throwing bottles at his head from a couple of feet away. Got that from somebody who was there.

Big Mafia, big taxi driver. Same same. Cheap gangs, cheap guns, cheap gold. Cowards, the lot of them.

Can't believe to read such nonsense....and also SAD to read you agree with this nut head Choochart, speaking such awful words after a completely innocent girl was murdered. As if walking on a beach in Thailand in a normal bikini is ASKING for rape and murder... :D

And, you compare Burma, Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia with Thailand ? :o Do these countries also attract 14 Million tourists every year ?

So, an innocent girl was 'asking' to be murdered, but you talk about "the poor Indian bloke"....

Shame on you.

LaoPo

Sad, extremely sad.

Situations like these are reported abroad. And tourists reading those stories here, talk about it. And it will cause tourism to decline. Samui has the reputation of rip-off-island in many European travel agencies, the raped and killed woman (also Samui) is still not forgotten and now Phangan and Phuket are added to the list, two more murders.

Will the police ever realize that tourism makes these places what they are? If the tourists stop coming, 95% of all business dies as well. Back to coconut harvesting.

Choochart will probably never realize this.

SBK, I dont talk about the crime but about the reaction of the police.

tell me about it the police do not care unless there is a few baht in it for them,sorry but i dont like to be negative but every time i have been to see them ,they just keep me waiting and laughing i wish they knew i can speak thai then they would not say wot they were saying about me..wot am i on about course they would this is thai police...................

Choochart played down the recent killings, saying, "I believe security in Thailand is better than in many other countries." He also said that some of the attacks were occasioned by the behavior of the women themselves. Under a front-page photograph of a Western woman in a skimpy bikini, The Bangkok Post quoted Choochart as saying, "They tend to choose a quiet spot away from other people, take off the bikini and sunbathe. That's when the attackers strike."

Choochart is of course 100% correct, Thailand's security is better than many other countries - Burma, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia; to name but four. This does not make Thailand 'safe' though. And to the topless sun bathers, no it's not ok, the Thais don't like it, it makes them embarassed and causes a lot of confusion amongst the men folk. TIT. (pardon the pun)

Back to the violence thing, offend, even unintentionally, or cross swords with a wanabe gangsta or yabbad up teenager and you can quite easily get your head stamped by him and the passing postman until your brain comes out of your ears.

Big Mafia, big taxi driver. Same same. Cheap gangs, cheap guns, cheap gold. Cowards, the lot of them.

Can't believe to read such nonsense....and also SAD to read you agree with this nut head Choochart, speaking such awful words after a completely innocent girl was murdered. As if walking on a beach in Thailand in a normal bikini is ASKING for rape and murder... :D

And, you compare Burma, Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia with Thailand ? :o Do these countries also attract 14 Million tourists every year ?

So, an innocent girl was 'asking' to be murdered, but you talk about "the poor Indian bloke"....

Shame on you.

LaoPo

Laopo,

Mangostays is pointing out the obvious about wearing bikinis or less on Thai beaches. Obviously one should feel free to wear a bikini, but one should also be aware that topless is not appreciated by Thais and is something that each individual travel guide mentions.

It's sad and very unfortunate but also reality that some Thai blokes think that the girls may be 'asking' for it by wearing skimpy bikinis or less. I'm not condoning this behavious by Thai guys, but it's something to take into consideration. IMHO rape is big problem in Thai society but hardly ever reported to the authorities.

I'm absolutely not agreeing with this Choochart character but it gives you an indication on how somebody in a very high up position sees the problem. Food for thought IMHO.

SBK, I dont talk about the crime but about the reaction of the police.

Police here are terrible, if you want the honest truth. I don't know what police are like on Samui or elsewhere, having only here to go on, but there is no crime prevention and crime solving tends to be a matter of sheer luck. The only patrolling seems to be at 10pm every night, so naturally everyone knows this and the police seems as unaware of the traffic rules as everyone else. I am not exactly sure what their role is here as they seem incapable of security as well.

Apparently the 15 year old who was being beaten up died in hospital two days after the attack so even tho the OP got it wrong initially, he was prophetic. Sad.

I don't know who all was involved in the fight, but if Steve's report is correct and one of the assailants was as young as 14 then you have to wonder where the heck their parents are, what they are doing and why they aren't keeping an eye on their kids.

The 15 year old was from the mainland and I don't know if the 14 year old was a friend of his or involved in the gang that was beating him up. It took place near the Drop In bar, which is notorious for fighting. So, I don't know the details, but essentially, the tourist saw a gang beating up a kid or some kids and intervened to try and save him and they both ended up dying in the end.

I don't know that the 14 year old was involved in the gang. It says so in the news report, but it could also have been that he was the first one they grabbed.

Baco started this thread with:

Last night 1 swedish tourist and a thai died after a bar fight, with knives and bottles.

they were rushed to samui but died overthere in the hospital

The factual errors here are obvious.

HINT: Try getting some facts before you post such things.

LESSON: Never, never interfere in a fight that in no way concerns you.

It's a rule that I would have thought anyone with any sense would already know.

In my opinion this sort of news NEEDS to get out to the rest of the world. Travelers and potential travelers need to know the facts and stats. Personally, I'd like to see bars closed for good. Nothing good comes out of drinking as is obvious by this event and so many others.

If the government really cared, they'd do something right NOW. Waiting will only mean more senseless deaths, rapes, violence, etc, etc.

LESSON: don't got to bars. Drink at home with friends instead.

With grown adults, that is certainly more understandable... I can well see how in the eyes of someone not totally aware of the dangers involved with these young-uns that are barely teens... that seeing this as nothing more than a squabble between a few of them and relegating its seriousness as to no more than a schoolyard tussle involving elementary kids and would, based upon the pure juvenile nature of their size, appearance, and disagreement, decide to intercede...

and then, tragically, become all too aware of the dangers involved with any age bracket...

the sort of thais likely to be found at gatherings like that would probably see indians as people even more despicable than the westerners they see there.

probably the same reason this thread has not moved to the news section yet... :o

Just come back after three months ,I/we also broke up a figh what was between thai girls it was pretty nasty bottels knifes etc..three of the girls would of been killed i am sure if we did not step in & put us in a bad situation

the "security" we're not the best & as for the police what a load of mugs the police must off been called who know's how many times saying be there in a minute etc but never turned up after we waited up 2hours having to stop this fight & get the girls out of there as the "gang" was waiting for them & carried on attacking them....

the police really want to sort it out & more security in the bars they must have the money to pay for this.

to be honest mate i would never get in the way of thai girsl fighting ,they are more ferious than thai men DO NOT GO NEAR THEM NUTTERS :o

i don't know why anybody wants to break up fights when it is none of the septaters business. who knows why the people are fighting. if u want to break up a fights then don't be suprised if u become the focus of thier attension. best thing to do is sit back and watch unless it is one of your friends or family memebrs involved. too many wanna be heros. alot of wanna be heros dead!

Shame on you.

LaoPo

LaoPo, you have totally missed the point of my post. Do you really think I was being genuinely serious in my comparisons? Have you never hear of satire?

Shame on you.

LaoPo

Laopo,

Mangostays is pointing out the obvious about wearing bikinis or less on Thai beaches. Obviously one should feel free to wear a bikini, but one should also be aware that topless is not appreciated by Thais and is something that each individual travel guide mentions.

It's sad and very unfortunate but also reality that some Thai blokes think that the girls may be 'asking' for it by wearing skimpy bikinis or less. I'm not condoning this behavious by Thai guys, but it's something to take into consideration. IMHO rape is big problem in Thai society but hardly ever reported to the authorities.

I'm absolutely not agreeing with this Choochart character but it gives you an indication on how somebody in a very high up position sees the problem. Food for thought IMHO.

Thankyou Limbos. Of course I am not supporting rapists of any sort. But you can not behave on any Thai beach he same as you would on say, Brighton Beach in the UK. Thais are modest and are not used to seeing semi naked women in public. If they want to see this they go to a go-go bar where if they/we feel like it, a price can be negociated etc etc. Quite suprised that Laopo, being such a super senior member blah blah, didn't understand.

Last night 1 swedish tourist and a thai died after a bar fight, with knives and bottles.

Mark, don't be ridiculous. Are you telling me and the rest of the readers of this forum that if for example, you saw a fourteen year old 'boy' beating the crap out of, for example, a twenty year old girl, then you wouldn't get involved on the grounds that you didn't know them? This is exactly the sort of attitude that allows little thugs to get away with murder.

Get a spine man.

Sad, extremely sad.

Situations like these are reported abroad. And tourists reading those stories here, talk about it. And it will cause tourism to decline. Samui has the reputation of rip-off-island in many European travel agencies, the raped and killed woman (also Samui) is still not forgotten and now Phangan and Phuket are added to the list, two more murders.

Will the police ever realize that tourism makes these places what they are? If the tourists stop coming, 95% of all business dies as well. Back to coconut harvesting.

Choochart will probably never realize this.

Prasert, the police don't give a sh** about tourists (they make more work for them), neither do most Thai people. In case you haven't noticed, Thailand generally lives in the moment, it's politics are up and down like a yoyo and we should'nt flatter ourselves as foreigners that Thailand needs us. Beleive me, it doesn't. Sure, the collapse of the tourist industry would set the economy back a 'few' years but nobody would starve, industry would take a step sideways and life would go on.

I thought there was a crackdown on bar closing times partly related to Thailands youth drug problem, surely the first stop would be the worlds largest monthly drugs party THE FOOL MOON PARTY. eVERY MONTH DRUG INDUCED RAPES, BEATINGS AND MURDERS, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS DROWNINGS, ITS TIME THE WORLD PRESS GOT A REAL GRIP OF THIS AND THEN SOME SERIOUS ACTION MIGHT BE TAKEN.

Mark, don't be ridiculous. Are you telling me and the rest of the readers of this forum that if for example, you saw a fourteen year old 'boy' beating the crap out of, for example, a twenty year old girl, then you wouldn't get involved on the grounds that you didn't know them? This is exactly the sort of attitude that allows little thugs to get away with murder.

Get a spine man.well said my friend ,but remember if ou are going to break up a fight makes sure you are not on your own!!!!!!

Get a spine man.

well said my friend,but remember if you are prepared to break up a fight make sure you are not on your own!!!!

Get a spine man.

well said my friend,but remember if you are prepared to break up a fight make sure you are not on your own!!!!

that is exactly the sorte of attidue that gets you murdered. if u not have a problem with that then by all means get involved but don't expect my sympathy

Shame on you.

LaoPo

LaoPo, you have totally missed the point of my post. Do you really think I was being genuinely serious in my comparisons? Have you never hear of satire?

Yes, I think I missed your point. Suppose I have to get used to your style of writing....and, Yes, I have heard of satire; it was a good one since I took it for real.

Rant over. :D

LaoPo

Shame on you.

LaoPo

Yes, I think I missed your point. Suppose I have to get used to your style of writing....and, Yes, I have heard of satire; it was a good one since I took it for real.

Rant over. :D

LaoPo

No worries mate. I have been known to be a bit tongue in cheek at times.......... :D

Get a spine man.

that is exactly the sorte of attidue that gets you murdered. if u not have a problem with that then by all means get involved but don't expect my sympathy

It's not an attitude, it's a human principle.

Obviously don't go swinging into a no win situation, but if you can help without getting maimed, then step in. Personally, I'm pretty confident that I could knock seven bells out of a fourteen year old boy, and his mates, without breaking a sweat. Even if they are armed with 'food scrapers'.

Get a spine man.

Obviously don't go swinging into a no win situation, but if you can help without getting maimed, then step in. Personally, I'm pretty confident that I could knock seven bells out of a fourteen year old boy, and his mates, without breaking a sweat. Even if they are armed with 'food scrapers'.

so, was this what you would have considered a :no-win situation"?

sure seems to have turned out as one.

perhaps you should spend some time at the full moon making the workd safe for the rest of us

Get a spine man.

maybe u could butthere are some hard 14 year olds out there. i get mreo roubke from kids than men becuase kids not think and they are tring to prove them selves. personally if it was england i would jump in but here in thailand there and many local people with big families and if u trend on a family memebers toes then u might get your head blown off. of coarse u would not know this til after u kucked 17 bells of shit out of one.

From what I understand, he was trying to break up a fight and got in the middle, the other two parties did not die, is what I have been told. And, according to the news article, he was Indian, not Swedish.

Not died, but critically injured...

and the suspected killer of the Indian tourist.... is 14.... :o:D

Provincial Police Region 8 Track down Full-Moon Party Killer

The commander of Provincial Policed Region 8 traveled to Pa Ngan Island to interrogate the teen-aged suspect allegedly involved in the stabbing of a foreign tourist during a fight at the famed full-moon party.

Police Lieutenant General Thanee Tawitsee, commander of Provincial Police Region 8, traveled by helicopter to Pa Ngan Island yesterday evening to interrogate a suspect, allegedly involved in the stabbing of a foreign tourist.

The suspect is a 14-year-old boy and he is arrested for taking part in a fight during a full moon party at Haad Rin.

The boy is suspected of having stabbed 24-year-old Chetan Dadhwal with a hand metal scraper. Dadhwal was an Indian national who tried to break up the fight and was then stabbed. He later died while being hospitalized at Bann Don Inter Samui Hospital.

The suspect denied all charges despite evidence found by police and witnesses who identified him as the culprit. He has been charged with causing a disturbance which resulted in the death of others and is in custody.

The 15-year-old victim who Dadhwal was trying to help was reportedly stabbed four times with the hand scraper as well. His condition is still critical and he remains under close medical observation.

- Thailand Outlook (today)

As heard on the grape vine.....

This is the second death to occur within the imediate vicinity of the Drop In Bar in less than six months. Apparantly the place is now having all it's documents checked and if all is not in order faces closure. An English girl was also raped that night by four thais (again, an association with the Drop In Bar was mentioned). The story goes that she went to the local police station with a translator from a local cafe the next day and ended up signing a statement confessing to being 'drunk and out of control'. She has now left the Island. The foreign run bunglow resort where she was staying has all the details.

As for the death of Chetan Dadhwal, absolutely terrible and a waste of a life. It will be interesting to see what happens to the 14 yr old murderer (bet you're not feeling like such a big man now are you??)

:D

No surprise trouble at drop in bar again have seen many fights in there

the alleged killer has turned from 14 y/o to 24 y/o...

Man turns himself in for murder of Indian tourist

Stabbing took place after fight at party

A man suspected of killing an Indian tourist during a full moon party on Koh Phangan in Surat Thani turned himself in to police yesterday. Thani Rakkapao, 24, a Surat Thani native, confessed to stabbing to death Chetan Dadhwal, 24, on March 22, police said. According to police, Thani said that about 2 AM that morning he was partying along with several other people when a fight broke out. He said a man smashed a beer bottle in his face and tried to stab him with the broken bottle. He stabbed the person with his knife and left the scene, police reported Thani as saying. The suspect turned himself in after learning that the man he had stabbed was an Indian tourist, police said, adding that they had charged Thani with unintentional murder.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/News/30Mar2008_news15.php

===========================================================================

* Mods: In light of the information gathered and in the interest of clarity and specificity, might consideration be given to modifying the thread title to something akin to:

Indian Tourist Murdered During Full Moon Party

movement of the thread to News Clipping Forum might also be warranted IMHO

Edited by sriracha john

SJ, moving to the News Clipping Forum is a contentious issue in this forum. It gets moved and people complain that it is an attempt to cover up bad news on the islands. It doesn't get moved and people complain that it is an attempt to keep the news from the broader public.

In that light, I have opened a new thread taken from off-topic posts made in the thread about the girl getting raped on Samui Request for a Samui News Clipping Forum.

For those concerned please address these issues there and not in this thread.

moved to the News Clippings Forum

///MOVED///