Do I Need A Visa To Go To Usa Or Vietnam?

crabstix

I am a British Citizen holding a British passport with a working visa in Thailand.

I am planning to go to New York in May. Do I need to apply for a visa to go there? What about to visit Vietnam?

Yes for Vietnam, not usually for US.

Vietnam will issue you with a visa at border .

Think mine cost $US25.00.

Being a kiwi, no US visa for short holidays, tis reciprical

How about the sheep ? :D

Sorry, no Ockors on the bus.........PMPL

:o ....... :D ............. :D ............... :D

Don't know about the requirements on entering the US but I do know about Vietnam. You need to apply for a Vietnam Visa and the dates you request are very specific. Meaning if you arrive before the start date you will be refused entry, if late your visa period is reduced. As of a week ago the San Francisco VN consulate was charging $ 65.00 US for a single entry 30 day visa and taking about 3 days to process. The charges vary from place to place as probably does the processing time. They also offer a 3 month and 6 month Visa. Google "Vietnam Consulate"

You need to apply for your Vietnam visa before you depart; it will not be issued on arrival.

UK, no visa for USA.

Vietnam visa issued on arrival, as I posted before.

You definitely need a visa for vietnam. You can use on line sites to do it for you, however, which means you can pick up the visa when you get there (Hanoi and HCMC only). Google it - it seems pretty standard stuff, but you will NOT get a visa on arrival without going through the web first.

Does anyone know if you can post your passport to the Vietnam consulate in Bangkok for visa purposes? I emailed them and they said I had to do it in person and could not post it, but I have a friend who swears blind he did do it via mail. Also, anyone have any experience of using travel agencies for gaining a vietnam visa? My local one offers a TV for 2000 baht, but I'm slightly suspicious of this, especially as the vietnam consultate told me only personal applications are accepted.

And I keep chuggling here, till a long time assuming these know-all long staying expats in this site know all. No zpete, you MUST at least prearrange something for a visa to enter VN. The price depends on your nationality and how fast you wont it done (doubel for fast=next day, normal, about 35 US$, so roughly 1100 THB) for MOST nations in 3 days.

Personal means that someone has to come to the window (which has a nasty reputation for being un-Asean rude to farang) not necessarily you/yourself; thats why Thai tr-agents have such loads of messenegr boys, who also know the tricks of the game and come with big bundles to be processed (and some present..., this is Thailand), their mark-up is usually relative to the price of the hotel theyre in/nearby. In the cheap bekpekkers enclave around Khaosarn the mark up is like 200/250 THB, or less as 4 taximeterrides to embassy: to bring and collect, so count your savings, and compare with what your agent asks. This has always been very reliable, but as anything in life for those who fear any potential trap: nothing is 100% sure, be content with 99,5 or so.

Also note the machine passpts is NOT the only requirement to enter USA for ''approved nations'' also the AIRLINE has to be on a list that is approved, you MUST hold a CONFIRMED return ticket or ticket out, in the allowable max. stay of 3 month and you must also be able to provide a valid full address for your first stay in the USA, either Hotel/ or family.

• 1 year later...

Of course you will need a visa to vietnam. Visa on arrival, i mean.

The process is very simple. All you have to do is go to this website and fill out the online forms with your passport and personal information. Make sure you clarify if you want a single entry or multiple entry visa if you plan to explore nearby countries or return to Vietnam in the near future.

Once you complete the process they will send you a confirmation email with important information of the requirements. You will need to get 2 passport photos taken as well as print out an official letter declaring your arrival as well as an application form which are all required at the airport.

Vietnam visa - http://vietnamvisaonline.net/vietnam-visa.html

Vietnam visa online - http://vietnamvisaonline.net/vietnam-visa-online.html

Vietnam visa fees - http://www.vietnamvisaonline.net/Vietnam-visa-fees.html

Vietnam visa on arrival - http://vietnamvisaonline.net/Vietnam-visa-on-arrival.html

Vietnam entry visa - http://vietnamvisaonline.net/vietnam-entry-visa.html

Edited by TommyGaz

Try http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/visa_wizard.html (Consular Affairs Visa Waiver Wizard) which is taken from the US Embassy site in the UK.

I've never been to the US, but i believe if you have a criminal conviction like drink driving then you need a visa to enter the US.

I assume it's for all British passport holders from wherever they travel from.

Don't you have to fill in something online at least 72 hours before you travel to the US or you could be refused entry ?.

Found it.

From 20 January 2010 it will be mandatory for all airline passengers travelling to the United States under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) 72 hours prior to departure.

Edited by operator