Internet On Airplane?

Neeranam

I think the technology exists already, but pretty expensive for the airline to implement.

Alternatively, if Emirates allows the use of mobile phones, in theory these could also be used for an internet connection. But the speed may be slow.

Boeing's Connexion company closed its doors about 2 years ago if I recall. It was actually a very good system and worked very well. I used it on lufthansa and sas a few years ago. Certainly made the time fly on 13 hour sectors.

Sadly it is still to be replaced with another system and provider so your out of luck as far as I know

Internet on Thai Airways . . . your lucky get movies on demand! :o

Flown Malaysia Airlines for the first time last week on a long haul sector - there entertainment setup is basically the same as Singapore Airlines, very good!

I don't think Thai has even got personal screens in Economy across the fleet yet!

Edit: Oh I should just add I flew BKK-SYD last Sept in Business Class and there was no Internet available.

Edited by technocracy

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent my first emails through the EMIRATES-inflight-system while in the air a few days ago..... but each email was restricted to 160 characters and costed 1 US$ each...... and one email-address I misstyped so the Dollar was lost :o ..... but I got a lovely "delivery failure" message.... which I did not read, as it would have costed me another Dollar :D