Was I Ripped Off In Cambodia Visa Cost?

:o

Do you really think they will handle your 'complaint'?

Got to tell this story to Nan and Fon .... they will probably laugh their asses off.

Of course, it will. It emailed the following message to me a few days ago (that was for the first complaint regarding visa cost and exchange scams; I have another complaint concerning tour quality and non-fullfillment of obligations):

"Thank you so much for your complaint. I will contract to Organizer who response for this case to arrangement for this problem and I will contract to Maneerat Transport & Travel ,So I will try to solve your problem. If I have more information I will contract you immidiately.

Regards,

Wilawan Mingmuang

Tourist Assistance Center

Ministry of Tourism and Sports"

Of course, what realy hurts Maneerat are the warnings I post on 100 plus travel forums (including Thaivisa).

Well done. Let's see if it makes any difference.

Yeah, well done ... probably a standard answer in which they change the name ......

I am waiting fir the letter in which they confirm that the case is solved .....:o

======================================================================

Of course, what realy hurts Maneerat are the warnings I post on 100 plus travel forums (including Thaivisa).

======================================================================

Yeah ..... right on! That will really hurt them as one of the major travel agencies in Pattaya ....:D

Edited by sniffdog

You post on 100 plus travel forums. It's amazing you even had time to take a trip to Cambodia. :o

You're wasting your time complaining about Cambodia Visa fees in Thailand. It's the corrupt Cambodian border officials who take most of the surcharge.

Perhaps take a break from a few of your travel forums and send some complaints to the Cambodian tourist authorities.

===========================================================

No. The letter was written in broken English and so it is unlikely to be a standard letter.

That says it all ..... maybe you should reconsider your stance in life ....

Maybe you should start up a anti visit campaign against Cambodia .....

i always say " i only have $20", never had a problem ...
Let them know you know the visa costs $20 and that is what you'll pay...
Hi,

I am not certain that this is good advice to give to everybody... :o

Let me give you this example from this week at Koh Kong border :

- I was going in Cambodia for 3 days in a "business group" so did not have to do/pay anything at the border and don't even know how much "I" paid... This is not the important part.

- While I was waiting at the "IN Office" to Cambodia, I spoke with a group of 7 young European guys who where traveling into Asia.

- They were waiting here for nearly 2 hours already :D

- The reason ? They knew that the visa was 20 US$, not the 1,100 baht (?) that the officer asked, and they refused to pay more than 20 US$.

- The pile of their passports was on one side of the shelf and it was clear that the officer ignore this pile.

- There was a (small) date problem with one guy of my group, so we had to wait a little too.

- He got his passport just before lunch time and we continued our travel to Cambodia.

- The last time I saw the young guys, their passport were yet on the shelf and the window was closed for lunch break :D

- So I do not know IF they got their visa to cambodia, and neither know WHEN they got it, but in all cases they will have had a very long wait...

- It's not the first time that I hear about this type of process/attitude at a Cambodian border, and maybe sometimes its better to pay a little more than waiting long hours ... (If you know the place, you know that there is not to much shadow there, and this week it was about 35°C !)

Pattaya46

No. The letter was written in broken English and so it is unlikely to be a standard letter.

That says it all ..... maybe you should reconsider your stance in life ....

Maybe you should start up a anti visit campaign against Cambodia .....

I have another complaint to Ministry of Tourism & Sports on Maneerat regarding tour not as described in the tour program (many things went wrong with the tour, including failure of providing me tour guides and return trip to Pattaya). I have a copy of the tour description and I don't think Maneerat can provide excuses. So this other complaint would "get" Maneerat.

Been there got the t-shirt. On my first border run to Cambodia got charged 1300 for not having passport photos and not having USD. I felt ripped off at the time but in hind sight felt 1300 was ok for a hassle free experience and getting through within ten minutes. But would not do pay it again now I know the system.