90 Day Reporting - Chiangmai Immigration

newcomer01

they don't stamp your passport for 90 day reporting

No they don't but they do stamp your arrival card which is stapled inside your passport

I've never had the arrival card stamped for my 90 day report at C.M. They give me a new report slip with the next report date.

Edited by gennisis

they don't stamp your passport for 90 day reporting

No they don't but they do stamp your arrival card which is stapled inside your passport

I've never had the arrival card stamped for my 90 day report at C.M. They give me a new report slip with the next report date.

Things may have changed or be variable but I have a Departure Card stapled inside my passport, the Arrival Card was taken when I arrived, no 90 day stamps on the Departure Card and I have reported for 90 the day requirement.

A departure card (TM.6) is stapled into my passport, it has not been stamped since I last entered the country nearly a year ago.

A receipt of notification is also stapled into my passport, this is removed and replaced each time I appear for my 90 day notification.

I believe that this process can be completed by post but as I live fairly close to the immigration offices by the airport I have never tried it out. I also believe that internet reporting is only available to Bangkok residents (!!!) - maybe moving this thread to the visas forum would produce more qualified information.

JxP

I just did my 90-day check-in a few days ago and saw no change other than it is now accomplished at the far right window of the main Immigration office.

Same process: you turn in your report, they tear off the bottom 1/3rd of the sheet, stamp the next check-in date and staple it into your passport. You can request a blank form for the next time if they forget to give it to you - this saves time by allowing you to fill it out at home and bring it with you - or it is downloadable at the Thai Immigration website so you can save it and print it out when needed.

The 1/3rd of a normal A4 sheet of paper is easily folded into thirds and stapled into any passport with the date showing for an easy reminder. This ain't rocket science but I figured it out regardless...