Taking The Wife Away For A Weekend

Hi all,

My wifes birthday is coming up in a couple of months and im wanting to take her awayfor the weekend, to Amsterdam.

What I was wondering is, does she need a visa to travel to Holland? we will only be going maybe friday to sunday, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scotty....

• 1 month later...

As I wrote a few weeks ago or so, me and the wife was on about going away for a few days, Amsterdam was where we wanted, now we are thinking of Paris.

We have seen a offer for £179 for two people to paris, three days, return coach, ferry crossing etc, but does my wife also need a visa for Paris?

Its a tos up between paris and Amsterdam.

We want to travel in june, if my mrs needs a visa, how can we apply? and what are the requirments?

I cant be doing with all the hassle of paper work etc, after all, its only a weekend away.

Any help would be apreciated.

Scotty & Kannika

Unfortunately, a Thai ordinary passport holder would require a Schengen visa for Amsterdam.
Amsterdam was where we wanted, now we are thinking of Paris.

Paris will have the similar requirement as Amsterdam, a Schengen Visa.

but does my wife also need a visa for Paris?

Yup

how can we apply? and what are the requirments?

Have a look through Vinnys Attachments, if still in doubt post again.

I cant be doing with all the hassle of paper work etc, after all, its only a weekend away

I hear Blackpool is nice in June :o

Moss

IF you are limited for planning time: I believe Switzerland is one of the few places in Europe where a Thai does not require a visa.

A UK Visa does not permit you to travel throughout the Rest of the E.U.

A Schengen visa will permit you to travel to many of the E.U. Countries (check limitations)

If you run a search this information should be readily available.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

My wifes birthday is coming up in a couple of months and im wanting to take her awayfor the weekend, to Amsterdam.

What I was wondering is, does she need a visa to travel to Holland? we will only be going maybe friday to sunday, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scotty....

I have recently applied for a schengen visa myself for my wife just go to the french embassy website download the form as a british citizen you dont have to pay anything for your wife to have a schengen visa so ignore the cons on many websites send the form off registered post you get it back in a few days. For us it took 3 days and my wife has a one year multiple entry schengen visa with max 90 day stay at one time. We are off to France next weekend and then to Spain next month. Very easy the form states where you have to fill in and where you can leave it blank you dont have to write where you going but put FRANCE as your main destination write 180 days as time makes the process more simple people say it is better to visit France first but many of my friends have gone Spain first then france later. Other european embassies take longer so for short notice trips this is the quickest way. Thankfully in 2 months my wife should have british citizenship so an end to this fiasco.