Water Pump Pressure ?

merijn

Can anybody tell me what the average water pump discharge pressure is. ( start and stop pressure )

I'm looking for an big capacity house hold pump ( with tank ) which starts and stops on automatically.

Can anybody tell me what the average water pump discharge pressure is. ( start and stop pressure )

I'm looking for an big capacity house hold pump ( with tank ) which starts and stops on automatically.

most of the pumps are equipped so that you can adjust the (start/stop) pressure differential according to your needs. please define "big capacity" if you need more advice.

I think you need a little more info for us to help out. Is it a 1 story 2 story house. How large is the water tank. How long of a run is it from the tank to the house. Does it come from a well or borehole to the tank & then to the house. A lot of homeowners use 2 or more pumps. I have a 305 Mitsubishi from the well to the tank & and a 205 Mitsubishi from the tank to the house as it is a short run of pipe to the house & it already has the water pumped into the tank. If you have city water & the pressure is adequate , this would also be a factor.And another consideration would be do you use it for a pool? And how many washing machines-showers & other water usage will you be using at the same time?

most of the pumps are equipped so that you can adjust the (start/stop) pressure differential according to your needs. please define "big capacity" if you need more advice.

I have an two storie house with 4 bathrooms, three kitchen sinks, pool and an laundry area

Most of the time only 3 of them are in use at one time.

My garden is about 1000 M2 and will be equipped with an automated sprinkler system divided in zones.

My house pipes are of an good quality but i need around 2.5 bar for my sprinklers.

So I’m looking if an big capacity pump can handle this ( especially the sprinklers pressure ) combined with the use of one of two extra water taps in the house during watering the garden.

Maybe I have to start looking into an separate pump for the garden but I try to avoid this as the pipes are already installed.

I have an deep well supply( 3 m3/h ) with underground tank.

Edited by merijn

Believe that 2.5 BAR (36 psi) is about the normal high pressure delivered by larger home well pumps here and the low setting would not meet that. I did not find the largest Mitsubishi (405) strong enough and have changed to use a direct GRUNDFOS MQ 3-45 pump which provides 65 psi.

Believe that 2.5 BAR (36 psi) is about the normal high pressure delivered by larger home well pumps here and the low setting would not meet that. I did not find the largest Mitsubishi (405) strong enough and have changed to use a direct GRUNDFOS MQ 3-45 pump which provides 65 psi.

i have two Mitsubishis (don't know the model no.) each 800 Watt installed and reached during an initial test ~60psi and shut tehm off whilst pressure was still increasing. as i don't trust the plumbers work i adjusted them to 40/45 respectively 40/42 psi. never any pressure problems but single story home.

p.s. Grundfos = Rolls Royce of pumps! price?

I have an two storie house with 4 bathrooms, three kitchen sinks, pool and an laundry area

Most of the time only 3 of them are in use at one time.

My garden is about 1000 M2 and will be equipped with an automated sprinkler system divided in zones.

My house pipes are of an good quality but i need around 2.5 bar for my sprinklers.

So I’m looking if an big capacity pump can handle this ( especially the sprinklers pressure ) combined with the use of one of two extra water taps in the house during watering the garden.

Maybe I have to start looking into an separate pump for the garden but I try to avoid this as the pipes are already installed.

I have an deep well supply( 3 m3/h ) with underground tank.

lots of demand it seem and extremely difficult to calculate necessary flow rate. pressure alone is not a factor.