Why Was The Mia Noi Thread Closed?

simon43

I can't understand why the recent Mia Noi thread was closed by the Administrators.

Surely there is nothing wrong about a 'sensible' discussion on the subject of Mia Nois. It does not follow that the discussion will be full of sexual content/degrading to women/degrading to men etc etc.

Simon

From my far away position of Bangkok I apologize for starting such a disgraceful topic and dragging down the forum into the gutter.

Thai girls = Bar girls

Sex tourists

Is cheap sex important?

Are bargirls unfortunate people?

Bgs never want to talk about.

Would you be a bargirl

Do you respect bargirls

Making a bargirl into a girlfriend

Do women enjoy a vibrator?

Would you marry a bargirl.

I now realise my topic was not of the calibre shown in the above topics and would have resulted in unnecessary sexual references which is in no way encouraged on this forum.

Actually I agree.  I think a few too many threads were closed.

I also agree, and a little confused.

While it is perfectly acceptable to have a gay section for the members on this board, (Not that I object to that) it seems to be taboo to have a discussion about normal activities between men and women.

Completely understand the closing of threads when things get out of hand, but discussion like the Mia Noi thread being closed by the Administrators...

Am I missing something here?

I think the joker said it best when he said "I'm of a mind makes a moogie"

Hang on, it was "You can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs" It was a small price to pay for the clean bill of health given to TV yesterday, if you're so bloody disheartened that a thread about mia noi's got zapped, and you're hanging on the results, why not start it again in a few days - I've often found that TV reacts differently to different standards at different times, depending on what it's reacting against, why all the surprise?

Yesterday was the revolution and the mia noi thread was put against the wall and gunned down in cold blood, suck it up boys it's 2004, a bit of Friendly fire is now accepted as part of war.

Stop the name calling, stop the insults, stop the trolling and the flameing or this thread gets locked and some accounts get banned.

Please re-read the Forum Guidelines, it would seem by a lot of comments kicking around that not a single one of you has paid the slightest bit of notice to it.

From my far away position of Bangkok I apologize for starting such a disgraceful topic and dragging down the forum into the gutter.

Thai girls = Bar girls

Sex tourists

Is cheap sex important?

Would you be a bargirl

Do you respect bargirls

I now realise my topic was not of the calibre shown in the above topics and would have resulted in unnecessary sexual references which is in no way encouraged on this forum.

The topics say it all. The smartass has left us for 28 days.

You are sounding more and more like a headteacher, Wolfie.

In all due respect, I don't think I am the only one who recently went to read the guidelines AGAIN, to see what exactly it says about sexually oriented posts and other objectionable content. I myself wouldn't interpret and act upon them in the same way as you - as representative of the moderator team- have recently done.

While there is room in the guidelines, the interpretation has gotten increasingly stricter over time maybe because the increased numbers of posters make it more difficult to handle, and you would like to improve the quality, and whatever, up to the stage we are at now. I.e. what was exceptable behaviour 3 months ago, not just for members, but also for mods, isn't anymore now.

Of course you, or rather the owners of this forum, may form it into the shape they envision, and take appropiate steps to do so.

But I do resent to be adressed like a badly behaved child, I spend my time here because I enjoy this forum, as do others, and I would appreciate to be given a bit more credibility. I understand how you must feel as the one implementing unpopular policies, and some folks don't like it while others couldn't care less, and yet others are making fun of it all. May friendly suggestion for you would be to take it easy and let things settle down abit, you don't need to be the frontman for this mission, let the other mods help you out.

No hard feelings. :o

Thai girls = Bar girls

Sex tourists

Is cheap sex important?

Would you be a bargirl

Do you respect bargirls

The topics say it all. The smartass has left us for 28 days.

well at least the blame for all this has been correctly attributed at last... i spose an apology from those blaming me is out of the question?