Retirement Visa Combined Bank/pension Income

i am not understanding this..i was in thailand..borrowed 400,000 balt the day before from my wifes aunt..for my father..800,000 no problem..is veryone saying now the money has to be in an account for 3 months before?? the 1 year renewal..

This has been the requirement for some time.

Some offices do not do enforce this, some do.

i am not understanding this..i was in thailand..borrowed 400,000 balt the day before from my wifes aunt..for my father..800,000 no problem..is veryone saying now the money has to be in an account for 3 months before?? the 1 year renewal..

With the standard caveat/disclaimer that each Immigrations office in Thailand my have different rules AND that each officer in a given location may apply those rules differently:

I've seen it written often here by folks who are usually on top of such things that the first time one applies for an extension based solely on the B800k in a Thai bank, such funds must be there 90 days (or is it three months?) before application.

However, for subsequent applications (the next year and beyond) OR for the situation where a combination of income + savings is used (i.e. not using only B800k savings to qualify) the 90-day seasoning is not required.

What say you, lopburi3?

If using bank deposit it should be in the bank at or above the 800k for the three months prior to extension of stay application. There is nothing in the regulations that indicate this is not for each and every application using bank deposit only - but during the first year it was only applied to new applications to allow those in the system to be advised of the requirement.

Actually Lite Beer, I needed a health certificate last week at the immigration office at Phusing (near Lao border) for my 3rd annual extension. This was not required last year but the officer showed me that this rule has been in place since January 2008.

Hi, I think you mean Cambodian border as opposed to Lao border

I was at the Phusing Immigration bureau last February 12 and the officer gave me the requirements for a 1 year extension based on retirement.

It does not mention the health certificate so it must be very very new but if required not a big deal but better get is before venturing near the border and have to go back for the health certificate.

post-14577-1207272394_thumb.jpg

Yesterday my friend got his 1 year retirement extension with the following financial resources:

500,000 Baht in his saving account (WAS DEPOSITED 7 DAYS AGO; MONEY DIDN'T COME FROM ABROUD)

Pension of Baht 35,000 a month (confirmation from embassy).

It shows that with this combination of "money in the bank and pension", the 3 months rules doesn't apply.

WCA

I was told this EXPLICITLY at Jomtien immigration.

If using the 800K method, FIRST time it needs to be in for 3 months, SUBSEQUENT times it can be the day before.

I have seen the English versions supplied by the visa gurus here which they say proves the rule always applies, implying Jomtien is not applying the rules. I question that. I find the English version to have plenty of fudge room to legitimately allow Jomtien's interpretation.

Edited by Jingthing

There is a brochure now at the Pattaya Immigration in 8 languages, it's named : Guideline to procedures and documents required Pattaya Immigration Office.

~Point 4 : Documents required for retirement visa applicant( Applicant must be over 50 years )

4.1 Application form (TM.7) with 1 (4x6 cm.)photo.

4.2 Passport with copy of every page, with valid Non-Immigrant Visa.

4.3 Financial Evidence such as evidence showing reception of pension by accompanied letter, Interest or dividend not less than 65,000 Baht per month or a letter from a local Thai bank confirming an amount exceeding 800,000 Bath with statement showing the last 3 months balance; or to have an income and that the amount remaining in the bank is not less than 800,000 Baht.

Fee 1,900 Baht.~

Nothing less, nothing more, but are the officers aware of this ?

Edited by luckyluke

with statement showing the last 3 months balance

Yet another English language version that is totally up to interpretation. Does that mean you must show three months of a bank record OR three months of a bank record never going under the 800K?

in French :~ un montant de plus de 800000Baht avec un releve de compte des 3 derniers mois~ : also open to interperetation, similar to the english version.

but in german :

~ das der Antragsteller mindesten 800 000 Baht von letzen 3 Monaten auf Bankkonto im Thailand besitzen~

there it says that the 800,000 Bath should be on the thai account for 3 months.

I do not know what's written in Thai, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.

Luckyluke, can you give me a link to the Italian translation?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are 8 languages, as mention before, Thai, English, French, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean, so no Italian or even Dutch. :o

Edited by luckyluke

Health certificate is the the topic and should not even be required for retirement extensions anymore.

In the newest "List of Documents for extension retiremen visa" distributed by Bkk Imm.:

under point 4: The Medical Certificate to certify that the applicant does not have any contagious or infection desease follow the ministerial regulations copy no 14 (BE 2553)

As it so easy to get this Certificate - you even can send another person with your passeport to get it from a clinic - really not a problem.

WCA

Edited by wca01

It is not required or asked for and has not been for the last several years - nor is it on the list of required documents at the official Immigration web site:

List of documents for extension of stay in case of Retirement

Application Form ( TM 7) with one photograph (size 4x6 cm.)

Passport and its photocopy with certified true copy by the alien

Application fee: 1,900 Baht

Documents required are as follows;

The account deposit with the bank in Thailand of not less than 800,000 Baht.

The proof of such evidence is the updated bank passbook with the certified letter from the bank showing the money in the account of not less than 800,000 Baht which has been deposited in the account for the previous 3 months. OR

Income from pension/social welfare of not less than 65,000 Baht per month.

The proof of such evidence is a letter from the applicant's Embassy or Consulate in Thailand to certify that the applicant receives pension or other income of not less than 65,000 Baht per month. OR

A combination of the account deposite in the bank plus income (from pension or other source per yearX witha combined total of not less than 800,000 Baht.