Internet Cafe(operating System)xp

liberiosyah

i am wondering most of the internet cafe have been using Windows Xp Home ..Well and they have a Photocopy of Microsoft a License paste on top of the Cpu...IS this Legal?? i was brought to my intention that each Pc should must install the original software insteed of sharing it....???

Microsoft says i pc per original OS ,,...

Well ??

Does the authorities in thailand are a fair ones for internet cafes?? do the authorities give much problems for internet cafe??

Cause i am setting up a cafe of my own ...

Thank You ?

Are you sure it's a copy of the SAME licence on each PC.

If he has a legitimate licence, he's hardly likely to put the originals on the PCs (where anyone could nick it). The mere fact he's running XP Home increases the likelihood that they are genuine (as XP Pro costs the same for a copy, and doesn't have the same product activation issues).

would the cut down version of xp being sold in asia at the moment be enough to use on a cafe machine?

I though I read that it has a fair chunk of networking removed, but it still must have tcp/ip, enabling using a proxy server ,and also it would let you run a print server if you wanted to run a printer.

anyone with experience setting up the new cut down OS and networking a couple of machines with it?

:o

hi'

Anyone seen any net cafes using Linux?

It would seem a natural solution to me - cheap, legal, secure - and 99% of net cafe customers spend all their time on hotmail or yahoo anyway...

never seen ...

but as you say this could end the licence fights ... :D

and so much more secure to run a Linux server, even with windows machines on the network ....

when will they think about it?

answer : when they will think that a free OS is better than a pirate one :o

it's so easy to setup an OS that cost you a 100 baths at panthip ... :D

I don't think that they think about the legal way in LOS :D

legal means generaly, it's sold so it's not illegal :D

cheers

francois

I used to run internet cafes and, while I prefer surfing with Linux / Mozilla myself, a lot of customers will get the horrors on seeing something not windows / IE. I had enough trouble trying to persuade customers to try Opera... mind you, once they did try it...