Marriage One-year Multiple Enty?

I am just wondering if anyone knows if they are still giving out one year multiple O visas for foreigners married to Thais in Penang. I got a double entry in Osaka and then did a visa trip to Phnom Penh. Phnom Penh was great as usual but the Embassy would only issue me with a 90 day single entry O visa. I have to do another visa trip next month and am wondering if I can still get the one year in Penang. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am just wondering if anyone knows if they are still giving out one year multiple O visas for foreigners married to Thais in Penang. I got a double entry in Osaka and then did a visa trip to Phnom Penh. Phnom Penh was great as usual but the Embassy would only issue me with a 90 day single entry O visa. I have to do another visa trip next month and am wondering if I can still get the one year in Penang. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

If you contact the Thai Embassy they should be able to help you.

PENANG

Royal Thai Consulate-General

No. 1, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman

10350 Penang

Tel. (60-4) 2268029, 2269484

Fax:(60-4) 2263121

E-mail : [email protected]

I sent in my passport, copy of my wifes ID Card, translated copy of our English marriage certificate, copy of her house registration and a copy of the babys birth certificate from Thailand.

The house registration was silly really as she has not lived with her Mum and Dad for years.

It cost me 200 MYR for a 3 month 1 entry visa but I could have had a 1 year multi entry for about 500 MYR.

If you go onto the Web you can find the Thai Embassy in Penang with phone, fax and email address. They are very nice and very helpful.

The best thing to do would be to email Man (see below) as he was the guy who sorted it all out for me. Saved me all the taxi fares for 2 days, the paperwork and all the waiting around.

Really worth the 1000 baht or 90 MYR.

The guy I went to was at NJ books centre at 425 Chulia street penang.

Tel +60 4261 6133 fax +60 4264 1601 email [email protected]

The guy who arranges it is Manaff (Man) across the road at Maju Mehaa Singh travel at 384 Chulia Street tel +60 4261 5170 fax +60 4262 0739 email [email protected].

I stayed 1 night at the Cathay hotel for 69 MYR no breakfast, old hotel but OK then I went to the Hotel Continental on Penang road for 2 nights at 98 MYR inc breakfast.

Chulia street is less than 5 mins walk away from the hotels.

I flew on Air Asia which gets in too late for your passport and leaves to early. Manaff took mine through in the afternoon and brought it back the next afternoon instead of a 3 day turn around. It cost me 90 MYR for the service (about 1000 baht) and they do it all for you.

If you email Man and tell him what you need he will give you a price list.

You can then relax. The Soho pub across from the Continental does good English food and there are a lot of good curry places as well on Penang road. Alcohol is a bit expensive but duty free on the way out has good prices.

I hope that helps.

There is a thread running called Penang visa trip I think and that may give you more information.

If you need more help just PM me.

Good Luck and a good trip.

Regards

Bill

• 2 weeks later...