Another 90 Day Question...

Hope someone can clarify something for me... I'm trying to work out if I can get another 30 day entry stamp. The rules as I understand them are;

- you can spend 90 days out of 180 days in Thailand on entry stamps

- the 180 day period starts from the date of the first stamp, after 180 days you get another 90 days entitlement

I have been in and out of Thailand numerous times. My first stamp was 08 Sep 07 meaning my 180 day period finishes 05 Mar 08. During that period I spent a total of 85 days in Thailand. This means my 2nd 180 period starts 06 Mar 08 allowing me another 90 days, taking me to the end of May.

I came back into Thailand yesterday and they eventually gave me a stamp for another 30 days after I explained the above. Am I right in my assumptions?? If so, I can get another entry stamp next month.

Thanks in advance, Matt

Your assumptions are right.

Whether you get another 30-day visa-exempt entry next month will depend on how the immigration officer dealing with you on your entry interprets the the rule and whether he counts the days correctly.

--

Maestro

Hope someone can clarify something for me... I'm trying to work out if I can get another 30 day entry stamp. The rules as I understand them are;

- you can spend 90 days out of 180 days in Thailand on entry stamps

- the 180 day period starts from the date of the first stamp, after 180 days you get another 90 days entitlement

I have been in and out of Thailand numerous times. My first stamp was 08 Sep 07 meaning my 180 day period finishes 05 Mar 08. During that period I spent a total of 85 days in Thailand. This means my 2nd 180 period starts 06 Mar 08 allowing me another 90 days, taking me to the end of May.

I came back into Thailand yesterday and they eventually gave me a stamp for another 30 days after I explained the above. Am I right in my assumptions?? If so, I can get another entry stamp next month.

Thanks in advance, Matt

take what maestro & lite beer says as been corect, however as maestro says regarding the imigration officer, and your dates you say "in and out"??

so if you spent all of feb, and march (apart from a day or 2) now april that would start to get near 90 days so i think you might not have a great chance to get one next month,!!!!!

not 100% sure of law same as thais, but remember it bieng somthing like 90 in 90 stay out!

chris

So what happens if I try and get another stamp and they refuse?? Will they not let me back into Thailand? I will go to Mai Sai to try and get the stamp.

Cheers, Matt

be tempted to get a tourist visa from a local country, embassy/ consulte matt, you might be fine but there is a lot of confusion around, read this thread give ya an idea of ins an outs, whats avilible time wise etc, mate!

chris