Bangkok Football, Beer, Meat Pie, Mushy Peas, Black Pudding And Cloggs Night.

mrbojangles

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the "Macanello Thread". :o

Good to see you again MrBoj, sorry that I left a bit early, but the pain killers and beer along with an early start today persuaded me to go when I did.

Have a good trip back.

I'm looking forward to the "Macanello Thread". :o

Good to see you again MrBoj, sorry that I left a bit early, but the pain killers and beer along with an early start today persuaded me to go when I did.

Have a good trip back.

Yes a great night meeting all you guys, the only thing wrong was the result :D Still roll on the next night we might be able to win our mony back from Macanello :D

BT

Still roll on the next night we might be able to win our mony back from Macanello :D

I'm afraid there's no way of getting BabyBoJangles winnings back. MrsBoJangles is guarding it......very closely :o

I think it's against forum rules to discuss this, as it is an illegal activity. Don't want the BIB getting there cut. :D

Good to see you guys again last night. :D

Jack&Danny, Chavy and Tots owe us an explanation :D

And Macanello deserves his own thread. I just don't know which forum to put it in. The Gay forum, or the Ladies forum :o

Sorry, had a touch of food poisoning the last week or so after my recent trip to Pattaya

OOOhhhh ohhhhhhh.....

Whippets... stuff the scum.... virgin mai tai and soy bean spaghetti....

I think I'm gonna BARF!!!!!

:o

And isn't Chelsea the name of Bill Clinton's daughter..or something like that????

:D

Give me the NFL any day... PLEASE!!!!!

I heard of this "game".... this is the "football" game played with hands using a rugby ball whilst wearing so much padding they make the Michelin man look small

Yes, but the ladies like those tightly padded buns... so much!!! :D

OOOhhhh ohhhhhhh.....

Whippets... stuff the scum.... virgin mai tai and soy bean spaghetti....

I think I'm gonna BARF!!!!!

:o

And isn't Chelsea the name of Bill Clinton's daughter..or something like that????

:D

Give me the NFL any day... PLEASE!!!!!

I heard of this "game".... this is the "football" game played with hands using a rugby ball whilst wearing so much padding they make the Michelin man look small

Very sorry about that... I certainly didn't intend to be ill-mannered..... If I was, please forgive... :o

In fact, of the 5, only one of them actually "belonged" to me... :D (Well, maybe two -- if I'm lucky...) The others were friends of the main lady with me...

But a couple of the others I know are/were definitely in the market for meeting some nice guys.... When we came back to the pub after going to Soi 7 for dinner, a couple of them were looking around the pub, and talking to me about some guys there.... (not the pum pui guys, tho.... :D ). But they were too shy to go out and speak up... And I wasn't about to help them...on that occasion.

For the record, none of them are/were bar ladies or anything like that... They're all pretty nice, sweet, young and reasonably single... The majority of the group, including the one with me, work in accounting at a hotel out near the airport. A couple of the others are friends of theirs. Dunno if you noticed, but the one with the biggest chest was in fact a very lovely katoey.... age 20. (And no, she WASN'T the one with me....)

In truth, I felt a bit out of sorts.... I had invited my TGF to come with me, after explaining to her what was going on that evening with the football game (which she likes to see) and the TV meeting. But then she decided to invite along all her friends to my home, because they were planning on going dancing later. So suddenly we became a big group.

There wasn't a lot of space at the TV tables, and I kinda felt we'd be barging in with such a large, not really related group. But then again, who wouldn't want 4-5 pretty attractive and young Thai ladies to join the table. If we have another TV meeting in BKK and the stars are right, I'll try to do better.... But honestly, I was kind of afraid of being ill-mannered...especially on my first venture into a TV gathering...because none except for my TGF even knew anything about the TV gathering. The others were just along for the ride.

I promise... I'll try to do better next time!!! :D

Very sorry about that... I certainly didn't intend to be ill-mannered..... If I was, please forgive... :o

In fact, of the 5, only one of them actually "belonged" to me... :D (Well, maybe two -- if I'm lucky...) The others were friends of the main lady with me...

But a couple of the others I know are/were definitely in the market for meeting some nice guys.... When we came back to the pub after going to Soi 7 for dinner, a couple of them were looking around the pub, and talking to me about some guys there.... (not the pum pui guys, tho.... :D ). But they were too shy to go out and speak up... And I wasn't about to help them...on that occasion.

For the record, none of them are/were bar ladies or anything like that... They're all pretty nice, sweet, young and reasonably single... The majority of the group, including the one with me, work in accounting at a hotel out near the airport. A couple of the others are friends of theirs. Dunno if you noticed, but the one with the biggest chest was in fact a very lovely katoey.... age 20. (And no, she WASN'T the one with me....)

In truth, I felt a bit out of sorts.... I had invited my TGF to come with me, after explaining to her what was going on that evening with the football game (which she likes to see) and the TV meeting. But then she decided to invite along all her friends to my home, because they were planning on going dancing later. So suddenly we became a big group.

There wasn't a lot of space at the TV tables, and I kinda felt we'd be barging in with such a large, not really related group. But then again, who wouldn't want 4-5 pretty attractive and young Thai ladies to join the table. If we have another TV meeting in BKK and the stars are right, I'll try to do better.... But honestly, I was kind of afraid of being ill-mannered...especially on my first venture into a TV gathering...because none except for my TGF even knew anything about the TV gathering. The others were just along for the ride.

No problem JF, hopefully you'll pop in for a beer the next time we meet up. I think BigToe's jesting with you anyway, as he normally does. Hope you had a good evening.

No problem JF, hopefully you'll pop in for a beer the next time we meet up. I think BigToe's jesting with you anyway, as he normally does. Hope you had a good evening.

As Toad in the hole says, just having some banter look forward to seeing you next time. :D When Man utd "WILL" WIN THE LEAGUE, I HOPE :o

BT

Very sorry about that... I certainly didn't intend to be ill-mannered..... If I was, please forgive... :D

If they are like the one in your story in visting Khon Kaen who's family ask to build one million baht house for them I see why they are interested in meeting nice guys. Please do not introduce them to my husband. :o

Hahahaha...GOOD POINT... I agree...

In truth... entirely different/unrelated lady...ladies....

If you're that perceptive, you might also imagine that the first story/episode might lead to a guy looking around elsewhere.... :o

Very sorry about that... I certainly didn't intend to be ill-mannered..... If I was, please forgive... :D

If they are like the one in your story in visting Khon Kaen who's family ask to build one million baht house for them I see why they are interested in meeting nice guys. Please do not introduce them to my husband. :D

:o Cheeky is on fire.

JF, nice to meet you the other evening, although very briefly. I'm sure that you will get used to the banter in this forum, very much different from a lot of the BS elsewhere.

But a couple of the others I know are/were definitely in the market for meeting some nice guys....

For the record, none of them are/were bar ladies or anything like that... They're all pretty nice, sweet, young and reasonably single...

ermmm

did I stumble into the wrong forum :D

has this sub forum also turned into a potential dating site :D:o

usually we only get these odd ones every now and then in the ladies forum :D

• 4 weeks later...
So whens the next one Mr T :o ???. I'm back in LOS and raring to go :D

I'm thinking a Euro 2008 game.

Sounds like a good idea, but will have to check the times etc...

Could always do a replay of the Champions League Final. :D

We could have a Cheese and Whine party as well, sure that'll attract the Chelsea supporters. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sister and I are having holiday in BKK next weekend and we dont want to miss the Semi final match EUR 2008 at 1:45am June 27 (which I believe would be Oranje vs. Italiano :o )

So, can you guy please recommend us a nice, fun and safe place to watch this match? Silom area is prefered. We are 2 ladies 29 & 25 of age. No girly bars please. Thanks alot in advance.

FORZA ITALIA

if you are nice you may be able to convince mr.toad to have a private party at the toad hall :o

I dont know if they have relaxed rules for closing hours...if not it will be hard to find a decent place to watch the football!!

too bad Im no longer in Bangkok...otherwise you 2 girls will be more than welcome to watch at my place (except we might end up killing each other when the

Oranjjjjjjjjjje WIN!!

if you are nice you may be able to convince mr.toad to have a private party at the toad hall :o

I dont know if they have relaxed rules for closing hours...if not it will be hard to find a decent place to watch the football!!

too bad Im no longer in Bangkok...otherwise you 2 girls will be more than welcome to watch at my place (except we might end up killing each other when the

Oranjjjjjjjjjje WIN!!

I'm glad we didn't qualify. At least it gave the others a chance to shine instead of us strolling through to the semis :D

if you are nice you may be able to convince mr.toad to have a private party at the toad hall

I am nice, very nice :D Where is Mr. Toad, where is Mr. Toad?? :o

I know the rule is everything must close at 1:30am right? but come on, this is B A N G K O K. Even in Hanoi, a dead nightlife city, we can still find some nice bars to watch the games until the end. Anyone please recommend us a place? :D

Oranjjjjjjjjjje WIN!!

We know already the result of the match, MiG16. They say in the history of Euro, if 2 teams meet the 2nd time, result is reversal of 1st match :D

Sounds like a good idea, but will have to check the times etc...

TIME: 1:45AM

DATE: JUNE 28

MATCH: SEMI FINAL EUR 2008

PLACE: YOU NAME IT, MR. TOAD

:D:D

Could always do a replay of the Champions League Final.

We could have a Cheese and Whine party as well, sure that'll attract the Chelsea supporters.

I have a thick skin... big heart... and long.... B)--> LONG TOUNGE? OR MAYBE NOSE :D

I enjoy it all.... See you next time... --jf

FORZA ITALIA

kiwivn, im sure mr.toad would like to play good host, but he might have a tough time convincing mrs.toad he wants to invite 2 girls over at 2am in the morning :D

but yes, cmon boys...which bars are opened for the games?

surely you boys can suggest some place?

and we shall see about reversal. first you need to win over Spain :D

(anything is possible at this stage..already a surprise Turkey win over Croatia this morning!!)

so all the more need for

"Hup Holland"

<<totally ignores Chavy :o >>

The rooftop bar above Foodland in Sukhumvit Soi 5 told me the other night they stay open until 5 in the morning.... The TGF and I visited there about 2 in the morning lately, and it was pretty quiet... But they had a big screen TV on showing some sports thing at the time...

We didn't stay that night...so I can't vouch much for the place. But it looked to be a good place for a group to watch sports late into the morning. And I've read past reviews about the place that say exactly that...

kiwivn, im sure mr.toad would like to play good host, but he might have a tough time convincing mrs.toad he wants to invite 2 girls over at 2am in the morning :D

Well, it doesnt have to be his house. All what I need is a place name :o

and we shall see about reversal. first you need to win over Spain :D

(anything is possible at this stage..already a surprise Turkey win over Croatia this morning!!)

You are right. Anything is possible and it happened again last night. It was the 3rd consecutive game of which result went against the prediction on bet sites.

My oh my dear Hiddink. Hup Holland Oooppps! Sorry :D

@ jfchandler: Tks for the tip. I went there once last year, and yes you are correct they open til late, good snacks for late night empty stomach and fresh air :D What I'm worried abt is the taxi trip fr there back to our hotel which is in Silom. Maybe I'll wander around in Silom after arriving and see if any bar would open for the game. If not, I guess watching the match in the hotel room is still better than nothing.

Fingers crossed for tonight game. 88 years Spain has never won Italy in big matches. Forza Italia... Let's make it 100 years just yet!

No problem to get a taxi from Suk to Silom at ANY hour of the night/morning...

No traffic then...so figure less than half hour drive.... Maybe fare of 100 baht....

Skytrain BTS closes at midnight... so you can use to go from Silom to Suk... but need to take taxi b ack home.. That bar is a short walk (5 mins) from the Nana Station...