Proof Of Engagement

I sent photos from our engagement ceremony that showed the two of us together, some of her family, and the ring.

Also, in my statement, I talked about our upcoming wedding ceremony plans and including a copy of my flight itinerary for the time I stated we will "marry". I also explained that we will not legally marry during this trip as we both understand she would not qualify for a fiancée visa if we got married.

Also, in my fiancée's statement, she talked about the night I proposed to her.

Dave.

I sent photos from our engagement ceremony that showed the two of us together, some of her family, and the ring.

Same here, ours was at a hotel and had the date and our names on the wall behind us!

Yours was very convincing ' evidence '. Given that most engagements are simple affairs, it is difficult to prove sometimes.

Yours was very convincing ' evidence '. Given that most engagements are simple affairs, it is difficult to prove sometimes.

Yes, I can imagine it being very difficult to prove. Not all engagements have a ceremony, nor do they all have rings. So what exactly can you provide to prove you're engaged? I suppose, if you showed them proof of an ongoing relationship. Such as photos dated throughout your relationship. But these as well as plane tickets and hotel receipts can only prove that you know each other, but how is it possible to prove you are engaged? I think you just have to hope that the immigration clerk is having a good day.

Also, in my statement, I talked about our upcoming wedding ceremony plans and including a copy of my flight itinerary for the time I stated we will "marry". I also explained that we will not legally marry during this trip as we both understand she would not qualify for a fiancée visa if we got married.

Also, in my fiancée's statement, she talked about the night I proposed to her.

Dave.

I hope that she didn't tell 'em everything Dave. :o

I think the proof of intent to marry for the USA fiance visa is contained in a letter you must both write - or one letter you both sign. As far as I know, there's no need to have rings, pictures or a ceremony.

But you do need evidence to prove you have met in person, thus the need for pictures, phone records, E-Mails, plane boarding passes, etc. etc.

kenk3z