Who Would You Most Like To Meet?

Time to dump all the pommies and check the Americans out huh? :wub::D  :o

Ah hah! Finally coming round I see, Elsie? We're all not bad you know. I'm out though, married as you know, but if I weren't, I would have given you a go. You seem like a no b@@@sh!t straight away girl, the way I like them. -_-

Narachon seems like a good guy; I give him my full endorsement.

Thanks for the full endorsement, mbkuku!

LC, Pom Poochai Na-rak, leew Jai dii Mahk! :D

And yes, the Yankees are kicking the Redsox @$$e$!

The Yankees just do what comes naturally... :D

Steinbrenner's a prick though

Yes, George Steinbrenner (owner of the Yankees )is a Bastard, ( Coach Torre barely talks to him, and Don Zimmer hated him) but I guess he is doing something right! :D

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to meet Rod Kalashnikov.

Oh, wait, I can meet him by looking in a mirror, according to the forum idiots.

That might explain your multiple IP's mightn't it ?

I use proxies.

Really ? I'd never have guessed.

As an Admin, you know that.

You also know I am not Rod Kalashnikov, but enjoy your game. :o

Standby to join another forum.

Last I heard " the darling " had been dumped and you were back on the market Cute.

She said they are just friends now, Doc.... :o

Yeah, we're just friends. Still go out together as friends. :D

Dickie; good one. I also love the accent. So posh and sexy. :D:D

Blimey!

You know who else I forgot, only Mr. Baht&Sold.

When I came to Phuket the other week to look for work, I had to run back inside the apartment in Hua Hin because I'd forgotten my nail clippers and a book to read on the bus, so I went back to get them.

Six hours later I realized I had forgotten my national diploma and my soap.

See how easily it happens? :o

I believe it's "realised", my friend. :o

I think you'll find it isn't honeybun...

It's realized.

The sooner you realize that the better - you're English is very very good LC but don't get ahead of yourself now dear. :D

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=realized

Ner ner ner-ner ner. :D

It's realized.

The sooner you realize that the better - you're English is very very good LC but don't get ahead of yourself now dear. :D

Ner ner ner-ner ner. :wub:

:o

I still vote for "realise" though.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=realise :D

You're both right.

Depending on the dictionary you use, realize and realise are inter changeable.

Same for actualize/actualise, recognize/recognise...

Or you're both wrong... :D:D

I believe it's "realised", my friend. :o

It's realized.

Ner ner ner-ner ner. :D

It's definitely realise, with an 's'. The sybillant sound in English is formed using 'ss', except whan at the beginning of a word when a single 's' will do, or when the 's' is followed by certain consonants. Using the 'z' is an Americanism.

Say 'wise' or 'eyes', no one spells these 'wize' or 'eyez' (or no one I know).

LC: stick to your guns!

It's definitely realise, with an 's'. The sybillant sound in English is formed using 'ss', except whan at the beginning of a word when a single 's' will do, or when the 's' is followed by certain consonants. Using the 'z' is an Americanism.

It's an absolutely petty argument, but that's what we're here for. Anyway, I am surprised that Scamp spelled it with a 'zee' or is that 'zed'. The official Soap Dodger's Dictionary has it with an 's', whereas the official Sepos Dictionary has it with a 'z'. Scamp is a bonified Soap Doger is he not?

It's an absolutely petty argument, but that's what we're here for. Anyway, I am surprised that Scamp spelled it with a 'zee' or is that 'zed'. The official Soap Dodger's Dictionary has it with an 's', whereas the official Sepos Dictionary has it with a 'z'. Scamp is a bonified Soap Doger is he not?

Petty arguments are definitely the way to go. I'm surprised he misspelt it as well; may be something Freudian... :o

I analysed this thread and recognised that the most concise response comprises this link:

http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq...ing/ize?view=uk  :o

I always thought it was something to do with the two major universities in England... Cambridge and Oxford... one spells with "s" and one spells with "z"... :D

totster :D

Now this makes the most sense; academic soap dodgers dueling to the death over a 'z' and an 's'. These are the true world issues at hand, not Iraq or Sudan.

so-called "American" English, actually is nothing more than a bastardisation of the proper and correct English language.

I kindly request that you waste not your own precious time or mine by arguing over whom may be correct as regards to this subject since the Oxford standard is the most widely accepted and orthodox orthography in the English-speaking world. It is actually the most accurate guide to the spelling of the English language available today.

orthography?

or?thog?ra?phy ( P )

n. pl. or?thog?ra?phies

1 The art or study of correct spelling according to established usage.

2 The aspect of language study concerned with letters and their sequences in words.

3 A method of representing a language or the sounds of language by written symbols; spelling.

Cheers Mango :o

so-called "American" English, actually is nothing more than a bastardisation of the proper and correct English language.

True ...

... since the Oxford standard is the most widely accepted and orthodox orthography in the English-speaking world.  It is actually the most accurate guide to the spelling of the English language available today.

So is it 's', as I say it is, or 'z' as others seem to think?

Why are the English called "Soap Dodgers" anyway? :D

I though tthat was the French! :D

"How do you hide something from a Frog? Put it under a bar of soap!". Apparently a joke some hundreds (I kid you not!) of years old. :D

I gather the English are called soap-dodgers because we don't seem to realise that people bred for cold climates can rapidly start to stink in hot ones. In England you can shower first thing and last all day. In LoS you last a few hours. :o

True ...

... since the Oxford standard is the most widely accepted and orthodox orthography in the English-speaking world.  It is actually the most accurate guide to the spelling of the English language available today.

So is it 's', as I say it is, or 'z' as others seem to think?

There is realy no question about this, the use of the letter 'S', is without doubt correct.

Cheers Mango :o