Renew Uk Passport

RaeB

Tried a search to answer this but surprisingly no luck :o .

I need to renew my UK passport but do not wish to travel myself to the embassy in Bagkok twice to do it. Anybody know of or, better yet, has used a RELIABLE visa service or similar to deliver and collect the new passport.

I've heard there is a honary British consul on the island can he arrange it / anybody have his contact details.

Thanks is advance - cheers

Rae

Tried a search to answer this but surprisingly no luck :o .

I need to renew my UK passport but do not wish to travel myself to the embassy in Bagkok twice to do it. Anybody know of or, better yet, has used a RELIABLE visa service or similar to deliver and collect the new passport.

I've heard there is a honary British consul on the island can he arrange it / anybody have his contact details.

Thanks is advance - cheers

Rae

My husband is about to renew too - he was just going to send everything by courier service - I believe they will send back by courier too. Have seen other postings on this forum doing the same - maybe someone will comment.

Yes it can be done by post (EMS) the necessary forms are available for the British Embassy website, print them, fill them in, add countersigned photo and fee then EMS then back to Bangkok. Note you will need a promenant British citizen or other nationality that has known for at leat 2 years to sign the photos. It usually takes about 3 weeks to it back via EMS.

Wife did it last month, all info is on the embassy website, Ems the lot to BKK with the old passport and the new one comes in a couple of weeks.

Dead easy, and if you want to check it has arrived safely just ring them and they will tell you right away and will tell you how long.

I was quite suprised as the UK doesn't have the best reputation for helping citizens but they were spot on.

Over the years I have found that the British Embassy staff ain Bangkok are most helpful with all sorts of enquiries (incl renew passports). Consular services number is 02-3058333, a number that I strongly recommend all UK nationals to save in your mobile phone contact list.