What Is The Expat Lifestyle?

siamruby

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1000 Euro not including rent and car.

Which means 50,000 Baht/month + at least another 25,000 Baht/month for a nice 100 sqmeters apartment + another 10,000 Baht for a car.

With 30,000 Baht/month you are enjoing a very normal life, forget girls and beers.

Travelling in Thai and Far East is a basic plus of an expat life and it costs!!!

ps. a normal salary in Bangkok is over 25,000 Baht is the person is good and has some experience, a very good secretary costs 20,000 Baht / month (including transportation allowance). This is what I pay my secretary!!

:o

This is about it matey.

It all depends on where you live, how you want to live and to what standered, I've said before on simular posts as this I can live on next to nothing (well under 10,000bht/month) but it does'nt mean that I want to or would be happy doing that indefinatly.

Anyway for the above about 30-40, 000 a month is plenty, if you want more you have to pay more.

Hay RandomChances, eye no youre post was a joke, write? come on dude, tell me youre kidding cause eye no u r. no won can live on under 10k/mo. know matter witch part of da country ewe r inn. two say that ewe can mislead people reeding this thread. oui dont want two due that, due oui? i didnt think sew. as far as living on 30-40k/mo., eye think this is know possible either if ewe want two have n e fun hear. eye no that eye have spent over 60k per month & eye've been staying rent free w/my bro. n e won reeding da thread hear should no this

It all depends on where you live, how you want to live and to what standered, I've said before on simular posts as this I can live on next to nothing (well under 10,000bht/month) but it does'nt mean that I want to or would be happy doing that indefinatly.

Anyway for the above about 30-40, 000 a month is plenty, if you want more you have to pay more.

Hay RandomChances, eye no youre post was a joke, write? come on dude, tell me youre kidding cause eye no u r. no won can live on under 10k/mo. know matter witch part of da country ewe r inn. two say that ewe can mislead people reeding this thread. oui dont want two due that, due oui? i didnt think sew. as far as living on 30-40k/mo., eye think this is know possible either if ewe want two have n e fun hear. eye no that eye have spent over 60k per month & eye've been staying rent free w/my bro. n e won reeding da thread hear should no this

Snake I posted this on an earlier thread about the same stuff

I can live on less than that, and have.

If I swich my air off elecs about 500 bht a month, own bore hole so no water costs, own one house and car so dont have to pay them, if we all eat together the whole family can eat for 150 bht a day(shared), we have to go into the village twice a day on buissiness, so any bits and bobs we need can be bought then, and the petrol comes out of the company, oh and the mother-in-law ownes a shop so we buy most things trade, I recon about 4-5000 if I really try(with cigs and whisky).

I have a pretty good buissines here now, but its been a strugle sometimes, trying to grow it, and still not 100% finnished, so we have had times where we have had to live on next to nothing. It does'nt mean I'd want to do it all the time though 

Cheers RC

All I'm saying is its possible, not easy and you have to be in the right circumstances, like I say I can do it, I have done it, but I dont really want to have to do it