Warrant Issued For Songkran Killer

george

Warrant issued for Songkran killer

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for a 19yearold man who was allegedly involved in the Songkran shooting in Bangkok's Yannawa district on Sunday.

The warrant stated that Nova "Ae" Kulkiart was wanted for attempted murder, although one of his alleged victims later succumbed to their injuries, Wat Phrayakrai police station superintendent Colonel Poj Boonmapak said Tuesday.

While conducting a manhunt for Nova police investigators also pressured his relatives and friends for more information about the shooting. Poj said more people would be issued with arrest warrants.

The shooting followed a fight between two groups of street racers because of an accident while they were celebrating Songkran at Wat Roon on Chan Road.

-- The Nation 2008-04-15

Warrant issued for Songkran killer

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for a 19yearold man who was allegedly involved in the Songkran shooting in Bangkok's Yannawa district on Sunday.

The warrant stated that Nova "Ae" Kulkiart was wanted for attempted murder, although one of his alleged victims later succumbed to their injuries, Wat Phrayakrai police station superintendent Colonel Poj Boonmapak said Tuesday.

While conducting a manhunt for Nova police investigators also pressured his relatives and friends for more information about the shooting. Poj said more people would be issued with arrest warrants.

The shooting followed a fight between two groups of street racers because of an accident while they were celebrating Songkran at Wat Roon on Chan Road.

-- The Nation 2008-04-15

Great! Another wonderful way to "celebrate Songkran"! Illegal street racing, during which a fight breaks out.

Just for once I am against any efforts to investigate. When (not IF) this happens again, the boys in brown should just cordon off the whole area, leave 'em to it and only go in when the noise subsides to throw any survivors into the back of hospital trucks.

DARWIN SUPPORTS ILLEGAL STREET RACING AT SONGKRAN!

I'll have the decals ready for next year.

I thought I had read that this guys gang went to the hospital and sprayed bullets on the family members in the hospital. They sound like a not very nice bunch and hopefully the police will remove him from society soon. I wouldn't want to get in his way!

Condolences to the family of the victim.

I thought I had read that this guys gang went to the hospital and sprayed bullets on the family members in the hospital. They sound like a not very nice bunch and hopefully the police will remove him from society soon. I wouldn't want to get in his way!

Condolences to the family of the victim.

Some gangs police will not even dare do anything. Sissies in tight clothes.

It would have been a lot easier and better for all for the police to deal with them much earlier. It's not that the police are 'sissies', it's that they are lazy and not interested in preventing crime.

It would have been a lot easier and better for all for the police to deal with them much earlier. It's not that the police are 'sissies', it's that they are lazy and not interested in preventing crime.

A close friend was having problems with an invading youth gang was denied help by the local police saying they were ''much too dangerous to deal with''.

Edited by Tony Clifton

A close friend was having problems with an invading youth gang was denied help by the local police saying they were ''much too dangerous to deal with''.

Not many criminal gangs operate without the tacit complicity of the local cops. Those doing so usually end up face down in a ditch. :o

Well according to Thai Visa couldn't one farang man take on 20 thai men armed with knives and guns? :o

Ah wintermute - but the subtlety of it is in whether the armed gand have their weapons in their hands, or if they are still in pockets, holsters etc.

Taking on someone with their knife / gun etc in their hand for "ready use" is a totally different ball game to fromting them while their hands are empty.

Maybe the BiB could give Steven Seagal a call and have him mobilise all the Budhai Sawan (sp?) graduates to do a vigilante clean-up of Bangkok and other cities?

Gaz

(the Songkran hermit)

:o

Edited by Gaz Chiangmai