Address Of Ubon Ratchathani Passport Office?

JetsetBkk

Anyone know the address of the Passport Office in Ubon Ratchathani?

My Thai g/f needs to renew her passport so we can go visiting neighbouring countries - although she thinks a Thai ID card will do for some places (Cambodia?), better to be safe than sorry and get a new passport.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Anyone done this by post? :o

The passport office is located in the complex of buildings at the Amphur which is across the road from the big park where the candle festival is held. Sorry I cant be more specific about the street names.

In relation to your gf travelling over into neighbouring countries, her thai ID is all they require. If she was to go over using her passport she would probably need to be stamped out and in and therefore would require buying a Lao or Cambodian visa as well. Go the easy option with the ID but keep the passport with her in case.

The passport office is located in the complex of buildings at the Amphur which is across the road from the big park where the candle festival is held. Sorry I cant be more specific about the street names.

In relation to your gf travelling over into neighbouring countries, her thai ID is all they require. If she was to go over using her passport she would probably need to be stamped out and in and therefore would require buying a Lao or Cambodian visa as well. Go the easy option with the ID but keep the passport with her in case.

Thai travelling on a passport get a FREE visa on arrival for Laos, my wife's done this many times, cheaper by baht 150+- and faster, than using the "border pass" option.

Mac

This is the adress:

Immigration Office

Amphoe Phibun Mangsahan

Changwat Ubon Ratchathani 34110

The office is in Phibun Mangsahan, 30 min/50 km east of Ubon. The office in Ubon city is not open any more!

This is the adress:

Immigration Office

Amphoe Phibun Mangsahan

The office is in Phibun Mangsahan, 30 min/50 km east of Ubon. The office in Ubon city is not open any more!

I may be wrong but I think Phibun is for foreigners. The OP was asking about a passport for his Thai gf. I am sure there is somewhere local to deal with that such as Teseban or even the post office. My two cents for what its worth.

This is the adress:

Immigration Office

Amphoe Phibun Mangsahan

Bergen,

Thats the old immigration office thats not open anymore. About 18 months ago a new passport office for thais was opened up at the main amphor office in Ubon.

This is the adress:

Immigration Office

Amphoe Phibun Mangsahan

Bergen,

Thats the old immigration office thats not open anymore. About 18 months ago a new passport office for thais was opened up at the main amphor office in Ubon.

:D my wrong, was obviously not reading with my eyes open. :o

and yes it's across from the candle park, in a couple of 100 meters on the left hand side of Chayangkhun rd. It's on the road between Srinarong rd and Palochai rd, next to the big white office building :D:D

Thanks for all your replies, especially to Sezzo and Thanyaburimac for the info about Thai ID cards, and Thais with passports getting a free visa on arrival for Laos.

Thanks also to Bergen who corrected his first post about the Immigration Office! (That was a bit worrying! :D)

After more Googling and Google-Earthing, I found a website that has a map that shows the location of the office at the junction of Thanon Surasak and Thanon Chayang Kun. It's the coloured square in the map:

ubon.gif

This picture has "east" at the top. :o

Here is a Google Earth picture (with "north" at the top :D ). I put a placemark where I reckon the office is:

post-35489-1208534941_thumb.jpg

So I reckon the location is at 15°13'47.33"N 104°51'15.83"E .

Cheers!

Thanks for all your replies, especially to Sezzo and Thanyaburimac for the info about Thai ID cards, and Thais with passports getting a free visa on arrival for Laos.

Thanks also to Bergen who corrected his first post about the Immigration Office! (That was a bit worrying! :D)

After more Googling and Google-Earthing, I found a website that has a map that shows the location of the office at the junction of Thanon Surasak and Thanon Chayang Kun. It's the coloured square in the map:

ubon.gif

This picture has "east" at the top. :o

Here is a Google Earth picture (with "north" at the top :D ). I put a placemark where I reckon the office is:

post-35489-1208534941_thumb.jpg

So I reckon the location is at 15°13'47.33"N 104°51'15.83"E .

Cheers!

Well done :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

After all that, she eventually went to the head office:

Department of Consular Affairs

Thanon Chaengwattana

Laksi BANGKOK

Tel. 0-2981-7171

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/473.php

...had to go back after a couple of days to pick it up. The problem with Ubon was they said she'd have to wait a week before collecting it.

After all that, she eventually went to the head office:

Department of Consular Affairs

Thanon Chaengwattana

Laksi BANGKOK

Tel. 0-2981-7171

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/473.php

...had to go back after a couple of days to pick it up. The problem with Ubon was they said she'd have to wait a week before collecting it.

Yes they do, but they will send home to you if you give them your adress :o:D

Yes they do, but they will send home to you if you give them your address :o:D

Yes, sorry, I forgot to add that. But she didn't want to impose on her parents the task of sending it to Bkk - and risking it getting "lost" in the post, so she opted to do it at the Bkk office.