Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Plu

South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10120

Thailand

Tel: (02) 287-3101-10

Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30-16.30

Saturday, 8.30-12.00

Requirements when applying for one-year marriage (extension) visa: (first year)

-Bring all your original documents, passport, passbook, your Thai wife and her ID card

-Non-immigrant visa code O from Thai embassy abroad (“O” Class Dependent's Visa)

-Copy of passport

-Copy of your wife’s ID card

-One photo of yourself (4x6 cm)

-Marriage certificate

-Registration book of your Thai wife’s house (if any)

-At least 400.000 Baht in Thai bank OR proof of income not less

then 40.000 Baht per month OR combination of funds and income

-Receipt from your transferred bank abroad

-Certified letter from your bank in Thailand (not more then seven days old)

-Copy of bank passbook (all pages)

-Copy of all documents is required with your signature (wife’s signature on her copy)

-Application fee: 1.900 Baht

-And a big smile!

Some photos of you and your wife together at home are also required the first year

when application is for support of Thai wife.

Extension of one-year marriage visa: (second and third year)

-Bring your passport, passbook, your Thai wife and her ID card

-Receipt from your transferred bank abroad

-Copy of passport with your signature

-Copy of your wife’s ID card with her signature

-Copy of bank passbook (all pages) with your signature

-One photo of yourself

-Application fee

The officers at Immigration are also very polite, friendly, helpful and quickly.

The whole process takes about six weeks and you will receive the extension of stay.

After you have received your extension of stay you can apply for re-entry visa

single or multiple entries.

After three years stay on one-year marriage (extension) visa, you are qualified to apply for residence visa and residence book in Thailand.

Special Thanks to:

Immigration Bureau

Whiplash

Dr. Pat Pong

Easymoney

Opalhort

Madsere

(lopburi3)

Note: I have made some changes from an old thread I posted last year.

200.000 Baht are now 400.000 Baht in Thai bank account.

"Marriage' Visa"

There is actually no such thing as a “marriage visa” in Thailand. Foreign nationals who are married to Thai citizens are entitled to apply for an “O” Class Dependent's Visa. Applicants must be able to prove that they have either B400.000 deposited in a Thai bank account, or have a guaranteed monthly income of B40.000, or a combination of the two, so that your total income is equal to or greater than B400.000 per annum. (Source: Sutlet Group Co., Ltd.)

Good luck!

Edited by Stock Man

Appreciate you effort to make this issue more clear (please take as attempt to be constructive) but have following issues:

First application will always, in my experience, get a request for photos at home together when application is for support of Thai wife.

If any children paperwork for them will also be required.

Have never heard of any "transferred bank abroad" letter. Not required in July.

Copies should be signed by the person they refer to.

You forgot one very important item (except as an afterthought) - your passport and copies. And your wife is a requirement.

You do not want to apply for re-entry permit until you receive final extension stamp unless you plan immediate travel before that time as it is only valid until the end of the under consideration stay stamp.

You do not pick up a visa - you receive an extension of stay.

Class O visa is for visit and has no requirement for funds. Extension of stay from immigration is what requires 400k or income.

Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Plu

South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10120

Thailand

Tel: (02) 287-3101-10

Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30-16.30

Saturday, 8.30-12.00

Requirements when applying for one-year marriage (extension) visa: (first year)

-Non-immigrant visa code O from Thai embassy abroad

-Copy of passport

-One photo of yourself (4x6 cm)

-Marriage certificate

-ID card of your Thai wife

-Registration book of your Thai wife’s house (if any)

-Certified letter from your transferred bank abroad

-Copy of all documents is required with your signature

-Application fee: 1.900 Baht

-And a big smile!

Bring your Thai wife and all original documents with you and of cause your passport, passbook.

Extension of one-year marriage visa: (second and third year)

-Bring your Thai wife and her ID card

-Certified letter from your transferred bank abroad

-Copy of passport

-Copy of your wife’s ID card

-One photo of yourself

-Application fee

The whole process takes about six weeks and you’re done to pick up the awaited visa.

The officers at Immigration are also very polite, friendly, helpful and quickly.

After three years stay on one-year marriage (extension) visa, you are qualified to apply for residence visa and residence book in Thailand.

Do not forget to apply for re-entry visa at the same time, single or multiple entries.

This may come in handy when you need to travel outside Thailand.

Special Thanks to:

Immigration Bureau

Whiplash

Dr. Pat Pong

Easymoney

Opalhort

Madsere

Note: I have made some changes from an old tread I posted last year.

200.000 Baht are now 400.000 Baht in Thai bank account.

"Marriage' Visa"

There is actually no such thing as a “marriage visa” in Thailand. Foreign nationals who are married to Thai citizens are entitled to apply for an “O” Class Dependent's Visa. Applicants must be able to prove that they have either B400.000 deposited in a Thai bank account, or have a guaranteed monthly income of B40.000, or a combination of the two, so that your total income is equal to or greater than B400.000 per annum.

(Source: Sutlet Group Co., Ltd.)

Good luck!

Stockman

Thank you for this information.

I have to go to Suan Plu next month to start my Thai wife visa again (forgot re-entry permit) and I could not remember what I needed.

It should work again.

lopburi, i will soon be applying for "marriage visa" can i assume from your reply to original post that if i have 400k in my thai bank account already, and then apply for "marriage visa" i would only need letter from thai bank. i also thought the funds had to be transfered from another country. any info always appreciated. :o

lopburi, i will soon be applying for "marriage visa" can i assume from your reply to original post that if i have 400k in my thai bank account already, and then apply for "marriage visa" i would only need letter from thai bank. i also thought the funds had to be transfered from another country. any info always appreciated. :o

If you do not work in Thailand the funds have to be from overseas and the bank book should show this - if not you need to obtain transfer receipts (or other proof) from your bank here.

Is there anyway to contact the Thai Immigration Dept via email or Web services????

Are there people at Immigration that can answer your emails or questions straight forward???

I want to talk to Immigration straight forward but dont want to have to travel all the way to Bangkok...

Thanks

KHUNDAN SENDS

Lop,

I know you're right about the money supposedly coming from abroad, but two people I've spoken to in the last two weeks have told me they didn't need to show it was from abroad at all (and no they weren't working here or anything like that)?

When you show them the passbook it is normally obvious where the money comes from as each item will have a code next to it. If not they can get the information when they call the bank later during the six weeks you are under review. Although some might let this slid don't think just because you are not asked that it is not checked. But as with most things if you are reasonable nobody will be out to get you.

I'm also wondering whatthe case would be if you have a Non-B Visa with Worp Permit, do you have to cancel this and obtain a Non-O?

I especially refer to the situation outlined by Sunbelt, where a Non-B is issued under certain conditions, a no 1 Year permission of stay is granted.

In other words: If you have a WP on less than the 50000 / 60000 Bt a month regulation (with leaving the Country every 3 Month an reapplying for the WP), how is your case in the event of a marriage during employment?

Sunny

Is there anyway to contact the Thai Immigration Dept via email or Web services????

Are there people at Immigration that can answer your emails or questions straight forward???

I want to talk to Immigration straight forward but dont want to have to travel all the way to Bangkok...

Thanks

KHUNDAN SENDS

Division 3 has a web board and you can ask a question at:

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/webboard/new.php

I especially refer to the situation outlined by Sunbelt, where a Non-B is issued under certain conditions, a no 1 Year permission of stay is granted.

In other words: If you have a WP on less than the 50000 / 60000 Bt a month regulation (with leaving the Country every 3 Month an reapplying for the WP), how is your case in the event of a marriage during employment?

A one year extension of stay based on business is granted if

1. The employer has 2 million paid up capital with 1million working capital

2. All employees are getting at least the minimum salary for their nationality ...60K per month for American

3. The employer has 4 Thais employed per foreigner WP

The extension of stay visa based on marriage has nothing to do with these requirements.

If you are on a "B" multi entry visa, you simply change it to an "O" and get the extension of stay based on marriage. Your WP will expire when your visa does.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Khundan,

I once wrote to Division 3 and within 2 days I received an answer.

I would advise to ask short (to the point) questions.

btw the answer has proven to be 100% correct during my visit to Thai embassy in Jakarta.

Sunbelt, let's see:

(Hypothetical situation): WP with less than 50000 or 60000 Bt, 1-Y Multi Non-B. Has to cross borders and reapply for WP every 3 Month.

Same person now marries a Thai.

Say monthly income is 40000 Bt.

(Or show balance in Bank Book from abroad).

This person can now apply for 1-Y stay based on marriage, and get WP for 1 Y too, or am I missing something?

Sunny