How To Write "moving To Thailand..."

aroydee

Very quick translation request!

Can someone please write out this phrase in Thai font for me?

Deeply appreciate it:

"Re-locating to Bangkok June 1"

See you in Bangkok, friend....

(ผมจะ)ย้ายบ้านไปอยู่กรุงเทพฯ ตั้งแต่วันที่ ๑ ม.ย. นี้

...is what I would use for a private person moving house. For a business, perhaps some more formal phrase is used.

It is my understanding that เคลื่อน is most often used to refer to somebody moving an object ( I moved a cup) and not people moving, but I could be wrong? Meadish will be able to provide a better answer.

Yes, I would not use เคลื่อน or เคลื่อนที่ for 'moving house' which is expressed by ย้าย in all cases I have come across.

I am aware that this could be because it is a high-register usage which is why I made no direct comment. I guess we could use clarification from a native speaker or some such? Rikker made an excellent post regarding the difference between เดียว and เดี่ยว, perhaps he'd like to chime in?

เคลื่อนที่กรุงเทพ to me looks like it would be back-translated as '(It will be) moving [back and forth]/shifting in Bangkok' rather than 'moving to bangkok'?

I would like to add that when I was studying Thai I would frequently use the phrase ย้ายบ้านไปอยู่กรุงเทพฯ however it was sometimes met with puzzled looks from the teacher, who felt that the phrase was a bit over the top for a young guy coming to Thailand on his own as I wasn't relocating with my entire family. I'd like to hear from a native speaker what they thought about this.

For this reason, especially if the message is informal, I'd like to add มากรุงเทพฯวันที่ ๑ ม.ย. นี้ as an alternative.