Looking For Some Intellectual People In Pattaya

dieter1

Yep would definitely need a tri-pod with though beasts. Be pretty hard to hold on target.

As for solving your conundrums.

1: Gravity of Pluto is 1/455 that of the earth, so if you can easily lift 1 kg on Earth 455 kg would require the same effort. Although at -233 C, how incredibly powerful you feel would soon be forgotten while looking for something to thaw out your nads with.

On the neutron star the gravity is so intense that our 100 kg man would of already been crushed into a puddle before he could even consider ordering a beer. Plus keeping that beer cold would be very difficult.

2: Already did that one.

3: Time: This one is not totally true, nor is it totally false actually. The clock on the top of Mt. Everest is traveling faster then the one in Death Valley so the way to express time dilation isn’t that the clock is ticking slower, it appears to be ticking slower to the observer in the other frame of reference.

4: Relative perspective. Assuming our little green man in the milky way is stationary. This is the same as you dribbling a basketball on a train. From your frame of reference the ball is going up and down in a straight line. Someone standing on the embankment sees the ball traveling forward at the rate of the train as well as going up and down.

The distance our little green friend would see the ball travel! Let’s say it take 2 seconds for the ball to go up and down. The earth is zooming through space at 107,000 kph, the ball is in flight for 2 seconds. So from our little green mans perspective the ball traveled almost 30 km.

Now I am going to drink myself stupid and hopefully kill several million more brain cells so that I can’t do that again.

Thank you very big :o - I'm enough lost already :D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr. Naam prefers to discuss them with his dog whilst sharing with him bavarian weisswurst and sweet mustard :o

So, did Mrs. Naam get a new mop and pail for Mother's day? It's always the wife/mom that gets the privilege of cleaning up the dog's diarhea.

100bh says you get scolded for feeding the dog that too. I know women dammit.

to the best of my knowledge Mrs Naam has never used a mop in her life. for sure not during the nearly 29 years being married to me and (until now) our dog never had diarrhea :D

Yeah Wade,

you deserve a long cool one after that exertion!!!! The time conundrum,you're right...there can be different ways

to interpret and explain this.I've recently been re-reading one of last years' monthly editions of "Astronomy",

where they talk about "11 Dimensional" Universes,Multiverses and frames of references.........at the moment the

smartest minds on the planet can't fully decide a definitive theory.........so I suppose two old hack amateurs

like us could be forgiven for having 2 slightly different views :o:D .

As for the Tennis Ball,relative perspective conundrum,spot on!!!!..................

Simple initial example..You're running after a dog on the pavement.You've got a constant speed of

5mph and the mutt is at constant 9mph.You can't catch the bastard,+ in your frame of reference the

dog is running at 4mph(his 9 minus your 5 that you're doing).Hence,"RELATIVITY"...you see the dog at

4mph,..BUT..a person looking at the two of you obviously sees the dog at 9mph.

Taking this acceptance of 2 distinct interpretations of the same action,we move on to the Tennis Ball....

As you throw the tennis ball up three feet it travels straight up and down again into your hand...

in your frame of reference...BUT... in the moment it took to leave your hand and re-arrive there

a lot of speedy stuff was going on .........right now,sitting on my bed ,the Earth is spinning on

it's axis at 1670km/hr,zooming around the sun at 30 kilometres/second,our Solar system is orbiting

our Milky Way Galaxy at 217 kilometres/second,and our Galaxy is orbiting our neighbouring Galaxy

at 130 kilometres/second...etc.. etc...SO..to someone looking at the "balls movement" from just

outside our Galaxy,it made a massive loop and travelled a tremendous distance in that moment

you threw it 3 feet,in their reference frame.............

As you say,it's mind-blowing stuff sometimes.......here's a picture from one of my textbooks

that explains this basic "Galillean Relativity" concept.....

Galilean_Relativity.bmp

One thing we forgot to add, you have to assume air resistance doesn’t come into play. If not our tennis ball will be affected by the air resistance as soon as we release it. Since we are bracing in order to stay on the platform as soon as the ball is released it will be affected by the air resistance and start slowing down instantly. Making it very difficult to catch

Well, it appears that the OP has either given up on his quest to find intellectual stimulation (on this forum at least), or perhaps he is currently running around Pattaya discussing the topics I mentioned back in Post # 31 ?

He did mention that he was arriving in May, and hasn't been seen (on TV) for over 3 weeks now.

Haven't seen any news articles about farangs being arrested for cruel and unusual treatment of BGs by subjecting them to hours and hours of stimulating........conversations.

Perhaps the OP has found that there is more to life than travelling all the way to Pattaya to do pretty much the same thing you could do everyday back home ?

Or he is now in Pattaya and learned there is nothing like a little hands on scientific field work to truly stimulate a person. He is now doing an intensive study of the libido, inner and outer labia, and contemplating the small size of non-augmented mammary glands.

The results of the study will be published as a thesis titled.

A practical study of libations

One mans fall from intellectualism to sexual debauchery.

Or he is now in Pattaya and learned there is nothing like a little hands on scientific field work to truly stimulate a person. He is now doing an intensive study of the libido, inner and outer labia, and contemplating the small size of non-augmented mammary glands.

The results of the study will be published as a thesis titled.

A practical study of libations

One mans fall from intellectualism to sexual debauchery.

Yeah - can't trust anyone - thought you were off to get drunk somewhere :D

or was that yesterday, and you did'nt get enough :o:D

Yeah Wade,

you deserve a long cool one after that exertion!!!! The time conundrum,you're right...there can be different ways

to interpret and explain this.I've recently been re-reading one of last years' monthly editions of "Astronomy",

where they talk about "11 Dimensional" Universes,Multiverses and frames of references.........at the moment the

smartest minds on the planet can't fully decide a definitive theory.........so I suppose two old hack amateurs

like us could be forgiven for having 2 slightly different views :o:D .

As for the Tennis Ball,relative perspective conundrum,spot on!!!!..................

Simple initial example..You're running after a dog on the pavement.You've got a constant speed of

5mph and the mutt is at constant 9mph.You can't catch the bastard,+ in your frame of reference the

dog is running at 4mph(his 9 minus your 5 that you're doing).Hence,"RELATIVITY"...you see the dog at

4mph,..BUT..a person looking at the two of you obviously sees the dog at 9mph.

Taking this acceptance of 2 distinct interpretations of the same action,we move on to the Tennis Ball....

As you throw the tennis ball up three feet it travels straight up and down again into your hand...

in your frame of reference...BUT... in the moment it took to leave your hand and re-arrive there

a lot of speedy stuff was going on .........right now,sitting on my bed ,the Earth is spinning on

it's axis at 1670km/hr,zooming around the sun at 30 kilometres/second,our Solar system is orbiting

our Milky Way Galaxy at 217 kilometres/second,and our Galaxy is orbiting our neighbouring Galaxy

at 130 kilometres/second...etc.. etc...SO..to someone looking at the "balls movement" from just

outside our Galaxy,it made a massive loop and travelled a tremendous distance in that moment

you threw it 3 feet,in their reference frame.............

As you say,it's mind-blowing stuff sometimes.......here's a picture from one of my textbooks

that explains this basic "Galillean Relativity" concept.....

then bounce the ball whilst in a train.....been there, done that, got the t-shirt

Edited by wilko

Naw I don't get drunk these days, the price I have to pay for the following two days is far to high.
Wow ! Two days to pay off your check bin - I'm impressed.

dishwashing doesn't pay that well anymore...... :o

I do stay about 12 weeks/year in Pattaya ( this year: May - June). I am realy interested in having contact with people, somewhat above the average level of brain-using.

(if you think, that I am a snob: please stop reading, and dont waste your and my time time with rude comments!)

I did study social science and do like to have conversations about many topics (politics, science(social science), even computer, philosophy ...). In fact nearly about everything but I NEED a minimum level !

I am not interested in drinking large quantities of alcohol, nor am I interested in your daily experience with your lady of the night! To have a drink sometimes is ok for me, but I dont like the normal abusing of this drug (and others), and drinking all the time,because there is no idea what else to do with the live ! I am not interested in semidirectional hearing all the (sad) stories of you live. I am interested in real dialogues (BOTH are listening to what the other is saying) !

What I like to do in Pattaya:

Sitting in a bar/caffee

- and reading a book or newspaper

- or just watching the people (sometimes making pictures with camera)

- or having a good conversation

- going to local markets (watching people, eating! )

- excursions: to others places (cities, countries (Cambodia, Laos), islands. Doesnt have to be a long trip. Just a daytrip to a nearby town can be interesting

About me: age 50, born in the heart of Europe ( ;-) ) ,male

What do you like Pattaya so much then??? Have you though of Chiang Mai. Great place for doing all the things you like.

• 3 years later...
Hi Buddy, PM me and we meet up for a drink, never really talked to Germans even thou i live in Pattaya.

I find they keep to themselves mostly

Guess lot of them are still sour since we dropped a couple of nukes on them, back in the day during WW2,

Japan is about 11-12 hours by plane from Germany :o I'm afraid you will not be on the inviting list of the OP...

LaoPo

You are right of course !!, it was Vietnam we defeated by dropping all the bombs..

We defeated the Germans after we captured the code-breaking machine and intercepted all the u-boat radio messages thus crippling their munition supply chain to Germany ..

You cretin! Vietnam prevailed against the technology and weapons of the US. Who are the 'WE' who defeated Nazi Germany? By the time the US joined in the unpleasantness it was clear that the Huns could not win. The Poles captured the first Enigma machine and did a significant amount of work on German codes and cyphers which they passed on to the the UK. The Royal Navy captured two separate Enigma machines and thanks to Brit ingenuity based at Bletchley Park could read German messages. What munition supply chain are you referring to? The supply of iron ore from Sweden or the oil from the Caucasus? U boats were not capable of transporting anything except death and destruction.

I suggest that you avail yourself of a credible source of historical events instead of relying on Hollywood fantasy epics. Your stories about your time spent with the SAS might carry a tad of reality then - but I doubt it.